Orly Sheer White Tips

on 11/5/2011 4:29:00 PM

this is my favorite nail polish to use when i'm doing a french manicure. it creates a really nice natural look that i absolutely love! i just wish this product wasn't as runny as it is (at least mine is). i usually use it together with orly's rose-colored glasses and i love how they look together.

on 1/22/2011 10:38:00 PM

This is AWFUL nail polish. I don't do french tips, I use this polish as a sheer natural color all over my nails. I get maybe 1-2 days of wear of this polish before it starts cracking, even with a base and top coat. I absolutely would not buy this polish again.

In general, I'm not a fan of French manicures. They look glaringly phony and I prefer subtlety. I have long natural nails, however, and the tips started to look uneven and a little discolored from over-buffing, and I needed to do something. Enter Orly Sheer White Tips. It's a translucent ivory shade that looks really natural (minus the gloss) and enhances, rather than completely covers, nail tips. Since I prefer to use sheer colors on my fingernails, I can paint two coats of this on the tips, clean up the line with a little polish remover, and voila - the tips look like what they used to before I done them wrong - not that stark, opaque white line used in most French manicures that gves me the heebie-jeebies! Like other Orly polishes, it's got the rubberized handle and no formaldehyde, DBP, or toluene.

on 5/6/2009 4:18:00 PM

Very natural looking french manicure tips!

on 9/3/2008 11:45:00 PM

I love this polish for natural looking French Manicures! I don't even have to use guides. It applies very easily and dries quickly. I love it under Bare Rose or Beverly Hills Plum.