September 1, 2014 | 1657 users online

Mascara - Almay - Intense i-color Mascara Bring Out the Green, Emerald Green

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2010 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Christina88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This mascara is not very good. It does not make any noticeable difference in the appearance of my eyes. The green tint is just stupid, you can't even see it except under good lighting and if you right at my face. It also seems like it never dries, my eyes feel sticky throughout the day. I'll use it up but it's a no repurchase for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2010 10:36:00 PM More reviews by BlackDahlia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I've had this mascara for a few months, and during that time, I've tried several times too make this mascara work, and I can't.
The brush is way too big, and normally I like larger brushes, but I don't like when there larger than my actual eye.
And, when I actually got it to go on it did nothing, but clump, and make my lashes stick together.
I really don't like this product.
I will not repurchase.
And, I do not recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2010 3:55:00 PM More reviews by jamie0712

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was very disaappointed with this mascara. First, the brush is way too large, the mascara is very dry and flaky and it doesn't do much for my eyes. I have to spend at least 5 min layering it just so it's noticable i'm wearing any mascara at all!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2010 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Unicorn14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I didn't like this at all. I bought it in a purple color, and was disappointed. It hardly did anything for my eyes, and it was impossible to get my eyelashes even because of the large brush. It also made my lashes way too long to look natural, and the color looked more black than anything. In addition to that, my eyes were stinging about half an hour after I put it on.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2008 4:04:00 PM More reviews by mercymercyme

I bought this on a whim (along with the wonderful Intense i-color eyeliner Bring Out the Green in Raisin Quartz, which I highly recommend) and was disappointed - not by the color, which is subtle enough for everyday wear, yet noticeable enough to...well, notice that you're wearing green mascara (in other words, if you wear this people will be intrigued enough to look twice at your eyes but will still take you seriously). I was disappointed, though, because it seemed as if Almay treated this as more of a concept mascara, rather than one that could be worn functionally. The formula was wet and clumpy, and, when it finally dried, it flaked. It did nothing to define or lengthen my lashes; it merely colored them. Additionally, the bristles on the provided brush were not very stiff, which could have contributed to the what I perceived as the muddiness of the mascara.

In theory, this is a great idea, especially when paired with the rest of the Bring Out the Green line: the purplish-brown eyeliner and the earthy purples and mauves of the eyeshadow trio. Any artist, or any 6-year-old with a passing knowledge of the color wheel and afterimages, could comprehend what a cool effect all these opposite colors alongside one another could create. But, in terms of execution, and the care paid to the mascara's formula, it is a sub-par product.

In just as serious an indictment of this product, though, I have to say that I did not find it to emphasize my eye color. Used alone, the "Bring out the green" effect would probably not be very noticeable at all. But even against the purple-maroon of the eyeliner, as well as some purple-ish eyeshadow not of the Almay line, I didn't see any appreciable difference in the intensity of my eye color when I wore the green versus my regular black mascara.