November 27, 2014 | 1476 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Sedu - Revolution Tourmaline Ionic TGR 4000i Hair Dryer

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by blondie2cute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Best blowdryer I have ever used, bought my mom one as well.
Expensive but it last a really long time - I have been using mine for the past 4 years.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 7:54:00 PM More reviews by Ivylim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the most expensive blow dryer I ever used. It actually belong to my friend and she introduced me to this. It dried my long hair in about 10 minutes. I could not believe it and my hair came out very shiny and no flyaways. I rarely blow dry my hair. Normally I air dry. It is also light too. Now I am on the hunt for this at a lower cost or even a dupe. If you know of one, message me. Thanks.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by bermsr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE THIS!!! I have really long thick hair that used to take forever to dry. Ever since I got this hair dryer, it has cut my drying time in half. I'd had mine for four years now and it still works like a charm. I use it with Fekkai Glossing system and all I have to do it dry my hair and it looks fabulous!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by cmacintyre100

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

AMAZING. I have had mine for about 4.5 years. After tax, shipping and duty, I paid a ridiculous price, almost $275 CAD, but it was worth every penny. I know the prices have come down now, thank goodness. But it works the same as when I first got it, my hair is so much less frizzy than it used to be and it dries my hair quickly. If I ever had to replace, I would buy this brand again in a heartbeat.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by jade3399

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I returned the Sedu 6000 and exhanged it for this. What a waste of time! No different! I am utterly disappointed with quality and don't quite understand how anyone can rate this highly. I am returning the blowdryer!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2012 10:13:00 AM More reviews by slc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I loved this dryer at first -- really loved it. But after regular use it dried out my hair. I have long, fine, color-treated hair. For the last six months I've been using the diffuser even to straighten my hair just to take some heat off. I love the size and shape and it's very powerful, but I guess too powerful for my hair. Time to shop for a new one.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2012 6:23:00 PM More reviews by lolawants

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this dryer during a Folica sale after reading some board reviews of it (in particular by MiaMoore), and I love it! I think the ion generator really calms down the frizz and poofiness of my wavy hair. It's much smoother & shinier than usual.

The dryers I've used in the past include the T3 (have only borrowed not owned), Babyliss (owned), and SuperSolano (owned). They were all incredibly 'meh' in comparison to the Sedu Revolution.

The only downside is that it doesn't dry any faster than with any of my old dryers, but it also doesn't dry any slower. It might speed up if I use the hotter setting, but I'd rather not because I don't want to totally fry my hair.

I really like the compact style of the dryer too. It's pretty much perfect!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2012 9:35:00 AM More reviews by sayde

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought this from Folica where they rated it number 1 (naturally, it is the most expensive). Over-researched hair dryers, and, fatigued, finally just caved for the Sedu.

Previously had been using the Hot Tools hair dryers supplied by my health club -- holding one in each hand, using both at the same time (!) -- quite a spectacle --in an effort to reduce the time to dry my chin length fine but thick hair. The new Sedu (just one) dries more hair more quickly than the two simultaneous Hot Tools. The Sedu does not blow as hot-- may-be even as hot -- but emits a much stronger rush of air. And the ions or the tourmaline must really do something -- my hair seems smoother and straighter.

This thing is expensive-- about $120 with a $40 coupon. That's why I am giving it 4 rather than 5 lip pies. I cannot tell whether it is "real" better than its nearest competitors, not having tried them and so rather suspect it is not good "value for money". But it is good. I really do like it. It makes it so much less of an effort to wash and dry my hair every day. It really is so much better than the cheap dryers. Defies belief, really.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by MsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am not comparing this to a drugstore dryer. I am comparing it to my experience with other, comparable high end models. I have owned the CHI Turbo (B) $119, CHI Rocket $125, T3 Evolution (A-) $200. What I look for is something that gives me a quick, 15 MIN salon blowout without damaging my hair over the long run. I bought my CHI Turbo, and sold it when I went away from blow drying. Then regretted it. I purchased a T3 which is amazing for shiny beautiful healthy blow dried hair, but it broke (within warranty). TWICE. So then I purchased the CHI Rocket - which works great - but over time I think its more damaging to hair (I didn't realize it didn't have tourmaline - only ceramic).

I purchased the Sedu 4000i from Folica.com due to the strong ratings and the fact that this dryer was the best comparison I could find to the T3 (6 speed/heat settings, tourmaline, ceramic, and ionic. The list price was $156 but after a coupon I paid about $135.

Results: Shiny, straight, happy hair. I blew my medium length hair out in 15 minutes with a Denman brush. Doesn't frizz up immediately after. Doesn't leave little broken hairs around the sink or in the brush. And after a few blowouts over the past month, I think that the results will remain consistent. Only time will tell if it isn't too damaging. This dryer dries at a good temperature on the first setting, and goes Dominican blowout hot on the second. I don't see myself using the 2nd too often - but its a nice option.

I am pleased so far, and think I have found my replacement dryer. I still love T3 - but got so tired of the replacement costs in the long run it wasn't really worth it. Plus I love that this dryer is very compact, fits easily in my bathroom drawer.

14 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2011 3:43:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

The only negatives are that this blow dryer really needs to come with a comb attachment, and it is heavy. It does well in reducing overall frizz in the hair, and it does dry my hair in half the time it would take my conair dryer. On average I only need to go over each section four-five times vs. 30 times to get a section of my hair dry.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No