November 27, 2014 | 967 users online

Lipstick - Kevyn Aucoin - Expert Lip Tint ThelmaDora

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2011 9:48:00 AM More reviews by jean9weg

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a gorgeous color. The perfect nude for an Auburn NW15/20. I have two issues with this lipstick..1).it is not smooth. I feel the little shimmer bits when I smack my lips and 2) the scent is very strong. I have left it uncapped for several days to try to let the perfume evaporate and it is slightly better. I prefer the silky smoothness if L'oreal's Fairest Nude to be honest.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2010 9:49:00 AM More reviews by haddison

This is the perfect neutral if you are fair-skinned. When your eye makeup is the focus of your look, this gives your lips a finished look without diverting attention from your eyes. Nice for understated natural looks too. The color is given as "rosy nude" and that's very accurate. I also like to use this over brighter/darker lipstick when I want to tone it down a little. KA has also switched over to sleeker lipstick tubes, which is nice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2008 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Deandra

The Kevyn Aucoin description under the name is a Rosy Nude, and that seems accurate to me. I'm PPP and so this is a perfect My Lips But Better shade. It really just deepens the natural color of my lips and adds creamy texture. It doesn't really look like lipstick, just looks like soft, natural lips. Darker complexions are likely to prefer a deeper KA shade, Leaharia, which is browner than this one and shows up more. I might eventually buy Leaharia, too, but when I tried it in the store it was darker than I wanted. ThelmaDora is a great natural color for very fair-skinned girls. Now, about the scent, in my other KA, Tatjanaberry, there is a definite rose scent upon application, but in ThelmaDora I don't notice it at all. Perhaps different colors have different amounts of fragrance? I'm still not crazy about the big square lipstick tube, but the packaging does not deter me from enjoying the good amount of pigment in the product and the color, which is a flattering neutral. In a sleek, smooth tube, I would have given it a perfect 5-star rating.