October 23, 2014 | 1663 users online

Eye Shadow - E.L.F. - Mineral Eyeshadow

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by Sam3215

The best eye shadow ever! It looks like i just put it on in the morning. Works great. No creasing and no fading.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 8:03:00 PM More reviews by EyelinerMadness

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE these shadows!!!
Personally loose powdered shadows were never something I ever reached for because im clumsy and knowing me I'd spill it everywhere.

However after convincing myself to try it out since it was a good price. I gave it a go and tried celebrity!
BEAUTIFUL color! I wear it almost everyday on my lids and its so beautiful and the quality is amazing I was quite shocked when I tried this!

I am planning and getting some more colors and I am really happy with how this turned out
However, i do feel like the shadow stays on MUCH better with some sort of base for it to stick on since its a loose shadow, but other than that its a must try!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2014 9:04:00 AM More reviews by PiMehMeh

I generally hate e.l.f. eyeshadows but it seems the ones in flat pans are the ones that never work out for me as they tend to be chalky and crumbly, and poor in pigmentation. I have tried about 7 of their Mineral Eyeshadows, however, and they are absolutely fantastic and give many high-end loose shadows a run for their money, quite literally because these are $3 per jar compared to $14 bareMinerals eyeshadow singles in similar-size jars.

The shade selection is somewhat limited but it seems e.l.f. is adding new shades all the time, in various finishes like matte, shimmer, and metallic. The shades have a tendency to run neutral, soft, or safe as far as color offerings go, so no rainbow-brights here like with Maybelline's Color Tattoo Pure Pigments, Sugarpill Loose Pigments, or Concrete Minerals... just wearable colors. My favorite shade happens to be "Dreamy," a soft, aquamarine teal that's probably the brightest color they offer.

Pigmentation is incredibly strong that when I apply any of these shadows, I have to dab it on conservatively with a brush and slowly build up the intensity. I apply this over primer and the color and sheen will for the most part last throughout the day, though some colors may oxidize or appear muddier toward the end of the day as with most drugstore shadows. Like most mineral/loose powders, application can also be a bit messy, but they are super blendable and forgiving.

I generally stay away from loose-powder products because they can be messy to apply, and prefer pressed powder since it's more travel-friendly. But e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadows are my favorite loose powder eyeshadows and are the one product I'd recommend from e.l.f. in a heart beat.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2013 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Buterfly3446

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Was VERY surprised how incredible these shadows are. The color range is great, but I'd love to see a few more matte options. They blend VERY well and are beautiful.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by TurtleMoon

I have this in the shades Socialite and Temptress and find both to be slightly annoying to use for their own reasons. Firstly, although Socialite is a lovely colour - kind of brown/bronze, with a bit of gold and grey thrown in - the fallout from it is terrible! I find if I use this I really have to tap the brush off and apply a tiny bit at a time to build up the colour, otherwise I get most of it on my cheeks and the side of my nose and by the end of it I pratically have to reapply all my makeup. Temptress on the other hand is a lot easier to work with, but the shade once applied doesn't match what's in the pot and you have to use A LOT of product to get any kind of colour build up.

Having said all that, these are still pretty good quality for the price (3.00GBP) but with the experiences I've had so far, I'm put off from purchasing any more in case I'm equally disappointed with other shades in the range.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 1:49:00 AM More reviews by yixie

Bought mine a year ago in celebrity and another dark silvery color that was highly recommended.

I'm using celebrity everyday. 1st as a base, or also as an accent. It's such a pretty, easy color on my skin.

Super high quality, lasts all day, no fallout. Outstanding for $3.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by ajewelofgod

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

E.L.F. Products are very good for its inexpensive price. I like the smokey eye kit which came with false lashes, lash glue, eye liner pencil, 3 eyeshadows, and a pencil sharpener. I bought this kit from Burlington Coat Factory for around $6 dont remember. I have it in smokey brown. The 3 eyeshadows are 1: Cream 2: Grey brown with slight shine and 3: Dark Bronze Brown. Textures are very velvety and pigmented. I cant complain about E.L.F. Eyeshadows. I wont be repurchasing because these will last a long time. Besides I have the E.L.F. 100 Eyeshadow palette for $10 and it will be a while before I run out of those shadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by beachsexybronze

Absolutely love these! I have "Bronze", "Sassy", "earthy", "girly", "Mysterious", "galmorous", and the rest is on the way soon! Very pigmented, long lasting. I always use my finger for the base lid of my eye (not the crease however), and used with primer they last even longer. These are mostly shimmery, but not "glittery", although the shimmer is on the high side, but I love shimmer shadow. There are a few more matte colors too. They are very similar to Bare minerals eye shadow for much cheaper! Cannot believe how cheap these are! I will always continue to buy these. :) My only small complaint was I wish it had a lock sifter that you can open and close.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by chsieh1128

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh My Goodness you have to get this.

I don't put on makeup often since my work environment doesn't really need it (animal hospital, putting makeup for animal?! They will lick it right off your face.) and my husband doesn't care about it at all. But once a while I do envy people who can do the magic to transform themselves to the most glorious, defect-less, expressive-eyes face from ordinary. So I started to try makeup last year, but still, only lip and eyes so far.....

I have been staying away from the loose eyeshadow since I have no idea how to play with it without getting the powder all over my face. Thanks to internet I started to learn how to use it. And This mineral eyeshadow was 50% discount so I purchased it.

I love it. The color is great, the shimmery is just perfect to make my eyes pop - just a little bit goes a long way. You can use finger tip or brush to apply. Both works great for me.

I use the ELF eyeshadow base to smooth out my eyelid skin, smears some ELF cream shadow as the base color, then intensify different corner of eyelid with different brown-color mineral eyeshadow (I love confident on most of the lid and sassy at outer corner). It stays on the whole day, and really makes my brown eyes pop!

Small bucks for big effect. I don't know what more to say. Thanks makeupalley people to recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2011 4:59:00 PM More reviews by orangenotepad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought one of these on a whim during ELF's sitewide 50% off sale. I wasn't really expecting much out of this little pot since I've had little luck with their cosmetics(love the brushes, some of the blushes/lipsticks, not so much face/eye products) but I wanted to try mineral/loose shadows and this was only $1.50 so I figured why not start off with something inexpensive?
SHIMMERY GOODNESS.
This actually lasted on me without my usual primer. I'm going to buy more shades next time I place an order.

PS. I also taped two of the little holes closed to prevent the product from coming out too much.