Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Moisturizing Body Oil

4.5

on 3/17/2015 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

LOVE THIS STUFF! I apply after the shower head is turned off but before I dry off. I rub into my soaking wet skin and then pat dry with a towel and it leaves me silky smooth and with a subtle scent I love. Love the pump top! Great on chapped winter skin and soothes sunburns. Will always repurchase! 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

on 2/20/2015 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

During the winter, I get really dry, scaley skin (especially my legs) so I tend to slather on a ton of lotion but it sucks having to wait for the lotion to absorb so I decided to pick up this product based on a YouTuber's winter routine.

Well, I have to admit, I've never used any Palmer's Cocoa Butter before so when I first used this, I absolutely hated the scent. I quit using it for a while then decided to just use it on my legs instead of my whole body. I eventually got "used" to the smell and eventually was able to use it on the rest of my body but still don't like the fact that I smell like a chocolate bar.

I use this after my shower as per directions and don't have to wait to get my clothes on. I find that this product works well in keeping my skin moisturized. When my legs get dry, they tend to just feel tight or be flakey rather than scaley.

The cap is ridiculous for dispensing. You tip it to pour it and you tip it back and the oil runs down the sides. It's useless to wash or rinse it as it's oil and will be used again. Also, it travels in a Ziploc bag cause the cap doesn't seal well.

As for if I'd repurchase this, probably not immediately after this bottle is done. If I cannot find another body oil that will do the same then but doesn't smell like a candy bar, I will grudgingly repurchase it.

on 8/7/2014 8:17:00 PM

I have only recently purchased this product but have loved the results every time. I've never used it in the bath as an added oil, but instead have massaged it into my body after showering while my skin is still quite damp. It feels sooo good and is really moisturising, plus it smells amazing. I really enjoy using this product a few times a week and will definitely be buying this again when it runs out.

on 1/11/2014 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a genius product. Palmers do such good moisturisers, and this oil is just up there!

It's not got much of a scent to it (unlike the lotions which smell insanely delicious) so I would say this is a boy-friendly product.

It is an oil, so no getting round the fact it's oily, but it does skin into your skin so much better than, say, baby oil. It leaves your skin beautifully soft. It really is everything you could want in a body product!

on 1/8/2014 6:00:00 AM

Love Love Love It. My favourite product. I could never do without this oil, especially in summer. Leaves skin so smooth and moisturised. Love the smell. Easy to use. People have commented on my soft skin after using this. Everyone should certainly give this a try.

on 5/20/2013 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I prefer using oils and gels to lotions when it comes to moisturizing, and I'm a huge fan of Palmers cocoa butter lotion so when I came across good reviews for the oil, I had to try it. I paid about $6 for a bottle at Walmart. I thought that was a little steep, but the bottle lasted longer than I expected. The smell took a little time to get used to. It reminds me of the Palmers cocoa butter lotion, but not as sweet. I apply it in small amounts fresh out of the shower, and then towel dry. My skin feels soft and genuinely moisturized, without feeling sticky or greasy, which makes it a great moisturizer for summer. I've also noticed that over time, this has helped even out my skin and give it a smoother appearance. I would definitely repurchase.

on 3/26/2013 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Been using this for years, and is one of my most favourite product of ALL TIME. Here's why...
>> It smells divine, like warm cookie dough. Melds deliciously with my Vanille Extreme perfume. YUM!
>> Its so inexpensive!
>> Leaves my skin feeling looovely.
>> Comes in a tiny travel bottle too, which carry in my bag. (I top up from my big bottle)
>> Speaking of which- it comes in BIG oober-value bottles. So much bang for your buck!
>> All-over versatile product; body oil, make-up remover, hair mask, bath oil....

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I love this! I had eczema and my skin dried out super bad. This saved it and even my boyfriend notices how baby soft my skin is! I love the smell also.

on 11/25/2012 5:07:00 AM

Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Skin Therapy Oil is a nourishing body treat without the grease, instantly hydrates, smoothes and softens dry skin. Love it!!!! I use this oil every day during winter.. smooth my skin right away.. bye... bye... dry skin..

on 9/4/2012 6:36:00 PM

I absolutely love this stuff! The smell is amazing and works wonders your skin. I am prone to really dry skin and using this has definitely helped reduce this. The one thing i must say is not to use this product on specific areas if you have eczema or really sensitive skin like me, it makes your skin really itchy and irritated so it tend to use it on my face and other parts of my body that dont have eczema. Oh and also the cap on the bottle sometimes leaks which is quite annoying if you're travelling. I know it says on the bottle it is for after showers or baths but sometimes in the morning i put a little on my face before applying makeup, it's helped reduce my spots and dry skin ALOT! :)