October 24, 2014 | 916 users online

Fragrances - Coty - Kate Moss - Velvet Hour

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2011 6:12:00 PM More reviews by jacoba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have the shower gel of this, and I bought it at Winners for about 10 bucks. It has a nice evening musky scent, and it was nice for in the shower. I would not pay full price for it as its not a to-die-for scent, but the shower gel was nice and I looked forward to using it. The scent also lasted awhile on my skin even after getting out of the shower.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2011 7:18:00 PM More reviews by nudelipsandnails

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Really love this scent! I love the gorgeous packaging and the deep blue bottle it comes in. The scent itself seems very mysterious and mystical. It reminds of the scent of insense and smoke when you go to a fortune teller. There is also something very elegant and poised about this scent. I am not sure what time "velvet hour" is, but I want to live in this fragrance all the time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2011 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Fyankevich

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was watching a Parfums Noir collection video on Youtube, and this very beautiful woman with immaculate taste and a charming European accent held up the Kate Moss Velvet Hour bottle. I have a penchant for buying perfumes that have a dark bottles (scarlet red, black, or blue) and sexy, femme fatale feel (e.g. Dior Addict, Boucheron Trouble, Black Cashmere, Black Orchid, Hypnotic Poison...etc)
Velvet Hour would never be on my radar if it wasn't for this review.

I paid very little for this perfume, and I must admit that I really enjoy the look of the bottle and the juice inside. This wouldn't be my choice for a night on the town because I find it to be rather casual, I usually wear this during the day. I think it would be light enough to wear in the nighttime during the summer, but in the winter it wouldn't be my first choice for a going out scent due to its cleanness. To my nose, this smells very clean, almost detergent like, slightly sweet and woodsy. It sort of reminds me of a lighter version of Yves Saint Laurent Nu. There's definitely an androgynous edge to this that I really enjoy. It's strange that this perfume is marketed to a younger, mainstream crowd because I think this is sort of unusual. Overall, I really like Velvet Hour and I have no regrets about purchasing it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by magicalmoongoddess

I don't get all the negative reviews on this either! I really quite like it as it's quite unusual. This is the only fragrance I could describe as being "fresh and smoky", which is very contradictory!! It's kind of a smoky floral, which sounds weird, but in my opinion it works (well for me anyway!). I wouldn't describe it as an evening fragrance, however it could work well as an evening fragrance in the summer, as it's quite sexy but not at all heavy. I guess it's just not mainstream...... :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2010 3:38:00 PM More reviews by BlackCat13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First of all, I got this at a discounter store for $12. So it's hard to beat that bargain. I think I'd pull a lippie if I paid anywhere near full price for this.

That being said, this is a nice fragrance, far better than I would have expected. I'm not crazy about the top notes on me: it's a bit sweet and fruity for me on the top notes--it may be the freesia--and I get a laundry-type musk note which is not my favorite. But moving into the middle and base notes, it's a very pleasant, woody/incensey blend with a bit of spice. It reminds me a bit of Donna Karan's Black Cashmere, albeit a less complex, more mainstream version. It would be nice for fall and winter.

So if you can find this discounted, it's worth a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2010 4:38:00 AM More reviews by GEOPAG

I bought this because it was realy cheap and I thought might as well try it!!!! It smells lovely and sensual....only con is that it doesn't last long...... but it is lovely. I think the bottle is awful!!!! But smell is sexy and smokey.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2010 11:58:00 PM More reviews by luckylouie

This fragrance was on special this week at Priceline and I liked it enough to buy it. On me this is a sheer floral with lots of smokey base notes and I've already had three compliments on it. However I must point out I love musks, so I've been layering it with Jovan Musk, which gives it extra staying power However even without the layering I've still gotten compliments on it. If you love smoky fragances but want something that you can wear during the daytime without feeling too femme fatale, then this fragrance may well be for you. As for the low ratings, it seems that many people think it should be sexier because of the name. Like I said, in my opinion it's not really a sexy night time perfume, but it's lovely nonetheless. My only complaint is the bottle which is an awkward shape to hold.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 8:51:00 PM More reviews by brownie_953

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Velvet Hour sounds so intriguing! And the bottle with its blue juice and and dark blue cap is so chic. The scent began nice enough with fruits, flowers, and woods - a cross between sweetness and some greens. But a very odd, out-of-place note emerged between the middle and base notes and it turned Velvet Hour into that dreaded Lady Stetson!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2010 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Roxyroxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I first tried this on in a department store and really liked it - a smoky yet clean scent. I kept thinking about it, broke down and ordered a 100ml bottle online for about $35NZD which is an absolute steal. When it arrived I was so excited to try it on but alas was disappointed - it doesn't seem to smell the way it did when I first tried it on. This may be because I have started the BCP since then, so I'm not blaming the fragrance but the effect from it now is a very non-descript 'pleasant' scent. No particular notes stand out, there is a slight smokiness and a light floral accord and staying power is average. It isn't an overpowering smell and it would be hard to overdo it, unlike Michael Kors which is the olfactory equivalent of a fire alarm after two sprays, but it doesn't immediately fade to nothing like Benefit's Maybe Baby did on me. I feel it is too tame for its name 'Velvet Hour', because it is more of an inoffensive office scent with an oriental slant on me. I won't repurchase but will definitely use up the bottle as an everyday scent when I feel like blending in with the crowd.
Edit: this smells lovely sprayed on cushions and blankets.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2009 2:15:00 AM More reviews by Bambie_Blonde

This is a beautiful perfume! it smells gorgeous, I don't get the bad reviews- it smells nothing like mothballs or all these other allegations. Maybe its just the way that scent adheres to my skin? anywho There is a small liquidating store near me that often gets discontinued makeup items, and the past 2 weeks I have picked up items for a steal (couple boxes of dream blonde hairdye at $5.00 a box, Sally Hansen Makeup etc..) they also got popular items from stores that either went bankrupt and they have recently gotten a huge selection of perfume. I saw this laying around an isle and spritzed a bit on my wrist- the smell reminds me of a forest by an ocean (cheesy, I know!) its very deep, sensual, fresh and slightly musky with a hint of floral. I fell in love, and purchased it for only $1.98! since no box was included...however I'm pretty sure the regular price isn't so steep though. this perfume lasts all day one me, and I adore it :)