October 21, 2014 | 2057 users online

Primer/ Corrector - GOSH - Velvet Touch foundation primer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by ntodd

I love this primer! I am 45 and am starting to get older looking/creased eyelids. I have been using Urban Decay eyeshadow primer but it's drying my eyelids and when I put shimmery shadows on whether it's powders or creams it looks awful, like mutton dressed as lamb. I tried this GOSH primer for the first time yesterday and it is amazing. Tonight, I bought some new Benefit cream shadows and with the GOSH primer it's looks absolutely beautiful! I would thoroughly recommend this primer. Great price and easy to dispense the primer.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2014 1:50:00 AM More reviews by jianing23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

HMmm a really weird primer id say... it feels very oily/sylicony...and idk how i feel about it.
It doesnt seem to have much of a oil reducing thing or a blurring thing going on and so i feel like it doesnt do much other than help my foundation apply smoother :S
might be better for dry skin

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2014 5:47:00 AM More reviews by airkoy

It is what it says, gives your skin a velvety smooth finish. Perfect primer!
Just as I travel a lot, there is a slight leakage on the pump but not so much spillage. I can still wipe and use that bit of spillage.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Carlysmilesx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this primer. It is the best I have tried and I have tried quos hydra primer and almays primer with purple and green in it to correct tone. This gosh primer does everything and leaves skin so smooth. Whoever thinks primer isn't needed is crazy ... If I applied my face as normal I would break out for sure - primer protects. If you're in the market for a new one this is a great buy for $23 it will last you at least 6 months

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Airida

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

amazing amazing amazing !!!! love this primer, skin gets really soft and supple after application. I will definitely repurchase again when I run out :) Now I look Pore less , velvety soft to touch, amazing coverage. I got the gel version. great for oily skin. its not oily in consistency that just amazes me all the time !! LOVE LOVE LOVE ! highly recommend this product to everyone ! really worth the price you are paying !!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 4:35:00 AM More reviews by Heenaj1

I brought this because I wanted something to protect my skin from direct make-up and for it to last all day. My make-up lasted a good 4 hours with this primer on! I'm not a fan of the velvety feel but it does say on the packaging velvet primer. Overall price wise I think it was a little over priced however worth it and I would defo buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by dblou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

It smoothed my skin but my face was oily after few hours. But that's so with all the primers i've used so far. It seems to me nothing really helps controlling the oil but they can make your skin looking better. Less visible pores etc. Basically this was an okay primer but i really hated the slick, siliconey feeling it left. Won't be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by HoneyCosmetics

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This product for me was okay, it went on smooth and made my skin feel great, though sometimes when id put it on with my fingers itd clump into little pieces on my skin which i hated. I was oily afetr a few hours but i guess thats just my skin. This is a great primer if youre on a budget.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 10:21:00 AM More reviews by Superstarcarly

This is one of my favourite products! Use it everyday seriously think I'm addicted! Such a good quality primer makes my skin like velvet and my make up glides on.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I bought the cream version of this primer about a week ago after having run out of another drugstore primer that I had bought, the L'Oreal Lumi primer. I bought this primer because the texture felt somewhat similar to that of my favourite primer, Smashbox Photofinish Light but had hydrating properties and was about half the price. I bought this at Shoppers Drug Mart for $25+ tax and have used it every day since I have worn it. I really like that with this primer I can tell a noticeable difference to the amount of time my foundation lasts- it definitely gives me an extra few hours of flawless wear. I also really like that primer comes in a bottle as opposed to a jar because I find that you use less that way. I'm not really a huge fan of the primer though because it is very thick, heavy and hard to blend and it smells really weird. The first thing I though of when I went to put this primer on my face was walnuts- it smells identical to the smell of walnuts. I don't dislike walnuts but I do not want to be rubbing that heavy smell on my face at all. Luckily it does disappear shortly after you apply it but it is still very nasty in my opinion. Maybe its the shea butter in it but I'm not sure. As well this primer is not hydrating really. It doesn't dry out or accentuate dryness but it certainly does nothing good for it either. I will not be repurchasing. Maybe this would be a better product for someone with normal to combination skin.

Edit: I stopped using this primer for a bit and then started using it again and cystic acne appeared on my face. Time to toss it! Would not recommend.