August 22, 2014 | 1820 users online

Lipstick - Bobbi Brown - Lipstains

rated 1 of 5 on 8/11/2009 6:16:00 PM More reviews by suzzen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought the Cherry lip stain and am very disappointed. This is NOT a stain . . . more like a lipstick in a tiny pot. The Cherry color turns light pink on my pigmented lips and makes me look ghoulish! I think this is a better color for someone fairskinned/fairhaired. I'm on a quest for the perfect lip stain that doesn't rub off, lasts for hours, and doesn't look fake. I'll keep looking . . . .

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2008 11:35:00 PM More reviews by lrntn

I'm on my second or third tube of Ruby lipstain -- which is saying a lot for me, b/c I have a ton of lipgloss, sticks, you name it. It has a natural consistency, not too glossy or drying, and what I love best is how it's truly a stain -- it takes a long time to fade, and fades naturally. This may not sound like the best praise, but it is -- in that it's not something I automatically reach for, but no matter what new trend I try, I always come back to this.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2007 11:04:00 AM More reviews by superkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have the Pink Berry one but I've used it less than twice due to the smell... It smells like cheap, old lipstick that has gone rancid so even though I like the colour (sheer peach-pink), I can't bear using it on my lips due to the smell.

Texture-wise, it's not very moisturising but then, so are many other lipsticks. At least it didn't claim to be moisturising.

I have the lip sheer in Mauve and that one smells ok.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2007 12:17:00 AM More reviews by mermaidmaenad

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh how i love lipstains! not goopy or gooey.. just right for long lasting, natural looking, color. I bought this in a shade called 'candy'. although this is a bit thicker than my other favorite, Becca cheek/lip tint, it does rank right up there in quality. If you are a lipstain kind of person, as i am, i do recommend this one wholeheartedly. very good. i'm not crazy about the way the package/compact opens, but other than that, an excellent product in a good arrangement of colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2007 4:35:00 AM More reviews by ruthiepa

I loved ( discontinued ) this lip stain and have found some recently on places such as Ebay. Pink Berry is my fav. Alot of comments have been made that it is very drying on the lips and flat and they they wish it had more moisture and shimmer. I would suggest purchasing a lip stick or lip gloss then. The reason this is dryer is due to the fact that is is made to sink into the lips and stain them. If you do not like the sheer, long lasting flat finish a STAIN can give you then this is not your product. I have never tried a stain that is moisturizing. For all that stated that they tried using lip balm FIRST, and gave this product bad reviews because it did not stay on as long as they expected, try using the balm AFTER the stain has set and dried a few minutes. I LOVE this stain. For ME, it stays on a very long time and gives my lips that just finished kissing for hours, natural look. I will miss this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2006 10:50:00 AM More reviews by Yogal28

I can't recall which one i had as i had this long ago and has since thrown it away...guess it's the raspberry stain or ruby stain...anyway, i hate this. It completely dry out my lip even though i put lip balm on my lip before applying this and still it dry me out and it doesn't stay...i dunno why i get this for but for the price of this (doesn't come cheap) and a well-known brand, this isn't a thing i called quality. Have never tried their product again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/24/2005 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Lucerito

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this in Cabernet, very nice red/brown shade, creamy and matte finish
I think this is a good product, however you have to prepare your lips with a good balm, other wise it will show all the lines in your lips and I can look awful in dry lips. If you have soft perfect lips then you should try this product, other wise stay away. I find Clinique Red Drama lipstick a good alternative for this with a little more moisture and very similar shade and more practical than lip stain.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2005 3:35:00 PM More reviews by dakgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For reference, I'm a PPP (BB Porcelain, LM Porcelain Ivory) with dark hair and dark eyes. BB Lipstains were really nice, smooth texture, lasted longer than her new Shimmer Gloss Sticks. The lip stains were discontinued to introduce the shimmer gloss sticks. Mistake. Ruby Stain was the Perfect red for the person who wanted to wear red lipstick but was afraid of looking like a hooker. It was a red for everybody. Plum stain and Pinkberry stain were also faves. Mocha stain and Bare stain were perfect warm shades. For some strange reason BB lipsticks get this funky smell...like an old crayon, much faster than most other brands.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2004 4:15:00 PM More reviews by Emma13

Ruby stain used to be my staple. Loved the colour, sheer "bitten" red with enough brown to go well with my colouring (I have pale yellow toned skin and naturally pigmented lips) - but I so hated the scent! Now I'm looking for a similar sheer lipstick that I can stand the smell of.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2003 11:59:00 AM More reviews by frenchy

some nice colours here: ruby and bare are my faves. however they are very drying in consistency.