October 25, 2014 | 1721 users online

Moisturizers - LUSH - Skin Nanny

rated 2 of 5 on 12/1/2013 8:56:00 AM More reviews by Quailie

I recently did a big mad Lush shop and have come home mostly disappointed, although I love their products and the idea of their products. I thought this had a nice shop in the shop, and I should have asked the assistant for help, because I think their assistants are lovely and helpful!

When I got it home I hated the smell, it seemed really synthetic and strong. But I was astonished by the consistency, which I didn't get any idea of from the shop's pump dispenser on my hand. It is THICK. It's so greasy. It does not sink into your face no matter how little you use. If you use it at night then by the morning it is still sitting on your face. I can see how this would be a really welcome thing, like a treatment, if your face was winter-bitten and sensitive and needed some TLC. But for a daily moisturiser it really doesn't work for me, it's horrible.

On the plus side, it's non-sting-y (though tingly) so would be great for sensitive or damaged skin. I may need to use it during a cold, or when I just feel like greasing myself down, as if with lard. It even sits on lips without going instantly watery the way moisturisers do.

One important point. It claims to be SPF30. Now I think the legal definition of SPFs is dependent on using a certain amount of it, and given that a tub of it is about the same size as two or three doses of actual sunscreen, I'm willing to believe there's SPF30 in that dosage size. But given the amount you would be able to put on your face, even with dry skin, in the daytime without looking INSANE, there is no way it's SPF30. Stuff isn't SPF 30 if you use an edamame bean sized amount over your entire face. I think it's mislabelled.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by sheepo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this! I have very annoying combo skin - dry and patchy but oily on top. This eradicates flaky skin, smells beautiful and is just a real pleasure to use. Its very thick in texture so I take a tiny amount on clean fingers and warm it up a little then massage into face. If wearing underneath makeup a wait a while after application before putting foundation on as it does take some time to sink in. Doesn't clog my pores and overall just what I've been looking for ! :) Now called British Nanny

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 3:43:00 AM More reviews by Grantelicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a review for the new version of Skin Nanny now called British Nanny.
I absolutely LOVE this moisturiser I have been on the hunt for a good winter moisturiser for my sensitive/dry skin for years! British Nanny keeps my skin hydrated and moisturised all day! I never need to re apply, you only need to use a small amount so it lasts for quite some time. I also like that it has an SPF 30, yet doesn't smell of sunscreen or leave any white residue on my skin. It is quite expensive compared to other Lush moisturisers but as it last so long and works so well for me I happy to pay the extra for it, a definite re- purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by pennyr200

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've had issues with dry/dehydrated skin for years, no matter what I've tried my skin was always dull and lizard like! It also doesn't help that I'm quite a heavy smoker. I decided to try this after reading reviews online. This along with a lush cleanser has transformed my skin, it is an extremely heavy product but its what my skin needs and doesn't clog my pores like the medicated brands I've tried! For the first time in years theres no dry patches for my foundation to catch on etc. My face is now glowing and I love the smell to. I'd prefer if it was in a pump bottle though but I could easily transfer it to one if needed. I'm not sure if it would be suited to oily skins or for people living in a hot climate, but for people with dry skin living in countries where its just mostly wind and rain 12 months of the year its very useful. I've knocked some marks of for the advice I was given in the lush shop about the SPF, I enquired if it was both UVB as well as UVA protection and the lady serving me didn't really know, she read the package and then said it was. There's no such information given on the pot so she was obviously thinking on the spot to make a sale!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 3:42:00 AM More reviews by fascinationbeauty

This is the review for British Nanny which happens to be the 'new' Skin Nanny. If you're the type of La Mer créme user and enjoy creams that truly hydrate your skin with a little warm oil film on your skin you will loooove this.

I'm 20(!) and german. So winters here are COLD. combining this with SPF i think this créme that smells like LILLIES and ORCHIDS (it also contains orchid water and lilly infusion). I like to prevent better than to cure.. My skin normally tends to redness and irritations.. and it really helped! My skin was really supple and firm.

Though i have combination skin and sometimes blemishes!! Give it a try and just use a PEA-SIZE! a little goes a loooooong way!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2011 7:07:00 AM More reviews by xxtine1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have come to the conclusion that most Lush products don't agree with me. Despite the fact that I have ridiculously dry skin this is far too oily, the 'natural' ingredients only serve to irritate my skin more than it already is and it's ridiculously expensive. I have one and a half of these left and I don't know what to do with them.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 12:31:00 PM More reviews by alt629

Picked this up about two months ago. I had looked at it prior to that but the vaseline-like texture of the testers (in multiple stores) had always turned me off to it. I finally just got a sample, and despite the texture and what I think is an odd but very mild and transient smell, it ended up working really well to hydrate during the cold dry winter months. I guess my fear was that the thickness of it would end up breaking me out, but thankfully, this wasn't the case. I should note that when I went back to buy the full size, the new unopened product was a more whipped and creamy texture and color than the testers they had out (which I like better). I have been doing nasty winters for years, and have always (!) ended up drying up and flaking each time. Skin Nanny is the only thing that saved me this winter. In fact, I recently got some other moisturizers for the holidays, and within 2-3 days of playing with these new acquisitions, my skin dried out and started peeling like crazy. I went right back to Skin Nanny. This is definitely the best for dry winter skin. Took off a lippie for the weird smell and tub packaging, although I can live with these drawbacks. Last thing re the rumors of discontinuation... When I bought Skin Nanny the SA warned me that in three months, both Skin Nanny and Ultralight would be discontinued to "make way" for the new Skin Protector (Protectant?) that they've been advertising since the summer ad. They were selling the remaining stock, but after that, no more. I guess there's always retro...

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2010 1:57:00 AM More reviews by mishamod

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I Like how it has an herbal-ish scent to it that is refreshing and soothing at the same time. I have combo/ sensitive skin so I will need more time with this product to know if it is a keeper. But as far as the Santa Barbara Lush store, they have Skin Nanny in stock as of 11/02/10. I wish they sold s smaller "trial" size as well.
SO "SKIN NANNY" IS NOT DISCONTINUED HERE.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2010 11:59:00 AM More reviews by LadyVagabond

I am deeply in LOVE with this moisturizer. It seems to be the only thing which is actually WORKING on my skin right now. Normally I have oily skin, and I used this only at night, but somehow my skin is drying out like crazy and now I use this day and night and I love it! It actually makes me look like I'm wearing makeup- my skin is plump and even.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this has been DISCONTINUED by LUSH. I am really upset. But I'm in the process of finding some kind of replacement (and I'll keep y'all posted).

p.s.
in the interest of full disclosure: I actually work for LUSH.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 11:00:00 PM More reviews by countessfuf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been searching everywhere for a moisturiser for my very dry skin and have finally found something that is rich enough. I only use this at night because it does have a very oily texture but it doesn't break out my skin or block my pores. Dry skin sufferers- search no more, this is it :)