Sebastian Laminates Grip Defining Polish

4.8

on 12/29/2014 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I fell in love with the previous formula called "Get a Grip". This was a completely unique product that genuinely lifted hair, unlike everything - and I mean *everything* - that I have tried before or since. That would be about 15 other products.

Only a very small amount of Get a Grip was needed to lift fine hair, and it imparted great shine.

This new version, just called "Grip", falls into the 'same old, same old' basket. It's been reformulated to match a thousand other products in the market, relying only on brand and positioning for sales instead of brilliant formulation. It doesn't really lift or hold, just like none of the others do. Disappointing.

on 5/7/2003 5:23:00 PM

I think the gel is about average in its hold, compared to other gels. What makes this gel stand out, however, is that it gives unparalleled shine. My hair is long, thick, and wavy, and after I finish blowdrying with it, it looks as though I had used any other (good) gel. But as the day goes on, however, the shine from the product increases, and by the end of the night, my hair is very shiny and polished. Perfect for going out late at night. Great for blowdrying hair straight or wavy.

on 12/13/2002 6:56:00 PM

This is the world's greatest hair gel for me. My hair is long, curly, thick and coarse in some places. I need a leave-in conditioner, sometimes a nice serum (they're all the same, I fear..) and then a product with hold. Grip (formerly "Get a grip") holds my hair beautifully, keeps the curls, but keeps them smooth all day. And the shine! Whenever I run out of this product and use another gel, not only is my hair frizzy, but it is also dull. They shine of this product is unmatched by any other holding product. Be careful - use sparingly and you'll get a great result if you have my hair type.

on 6/23/2002 7:11:00 PM

I LOVE this stuff! The packaging says it gives hair "definition, hold & shine", and that it does. I have extremely fine hair and walk a fine line (no pun intended) between "not enough product" and "too much product" (which can weigh my hair down). This stuff gives it just the right texture so that my hair is actually "stylable"!

Popular Styling Products