December 20, 2014 | 1627 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - Salon Strength Nail Polish Remover, Removes Dark Polish

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2014 12:09:00 AM More reviews by PetiteLaSouris

Sally Hensen has an amazing reputation regarding their products. I first hear about the brand through word of mouth and found myself loving their polishes, adding quite a few of them to my rather large collection. When my housemate picked up some of their salon strength nail polish remover to encourage my habit I was excited to try it. I used the last of my supermarket brand bottle before I opened this one.

I'm giving it two lippies because it did exactly what I wanted it to do, it removed my polishes with very little hassle. Glitters stood up against it (as they like to do) but even they relented. But after three weeks of using it I noticed the skin on my finger tips was getting rough. It had a strange texture to it, like it was dying and loosing elasticity. Two days ago blisters of dead skin formed and my finger tips started peeling. The issue has mostly been on my thumb, index finger and middle finger on my left hand, though the right hand has some light peeling also.

I have sensitive skin, and I should have known that a hard core product like this would have effected me in such a way. Still I wont be buying it again and the peeling fingers is no where near worth the quick polish removal. A warning for those buyers with touchy skin, steer clear :(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 7:43:00 PM More reviews by KaylaRay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use the one with the black ans gold label.

I love this product! It is my everyday remover. I use pure acetone for glitters and glue remover, but everything else comes off with this stuff. I don't find it drying, and it is very fast. Even the darkest polishes are completely gone in under a minute and without rubbing. It cuts though two coats of strengthener, 2-3 coats of polish and a coat of seche vite easily. The only type of polishes that cause me any grief are super dense glitters but someone with more patience than I would probably be fine using this.

A lot of people are turned off by the acetone content, but you do more damage to your nail plate by rubbing and pressing them when struggling with non-acetone removers. The less you stress you nail plate, the happier they will be. Since I started using this remover, I have noticed my nails don't peel as easily or as badly as when I was using other removers.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by tsh82

overall i gave 4 lippies because i had to press it down on my nails before it starts removing it. but i like the after effect, which is:
1. not drying
2. doesnt smell too strong (despite the strong smell when you open the bottle)
3. smoothing
4. feels healthy

the only thing i hate about all the sally hansens nail polish remover is the fact that the opening is so big that its hard to pour a little. :(

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by lalaladylauren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

After several years of using generic Rite Aide nail polish remover, this works like a charm! (Hey, cut me some slack- I'm a poor college student!) I've tried to stick to non-acetone removers, as acetone is some pretty harsh stuff. BUT...I've discovered that acetone removers do remove dark polish much more quickly. Guess you can't have it all... *sad face*
Unless I can find another super effective non-acetone remover (suggestions, ladies?) I will be buying this product again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 4:03:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i got the salon strenght nail polish remover with provitamin b5.it is suppose to remove dark nail polish,and the bottle is black and gold.so,this review is for that formula.yes,it does remove dark nail polish and keep the nails strong.ok the test that i did was:glitter over crackled nail polish over a shimmery gold!it did remove all that!took a little bit of time for the glitter,for the rest(black,gold)it took a couple of the same operation .it took 40 seconds to remove all the nail polish,wich is good.so,i am satisfied with this product!love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2011 10:51:00 AM More reviews by lisasaurus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I can't even begin to say how perfect this remover is. I've used a TON of various brands and "quality" but none of them come close to this. I managed to remove my mani and my pedi with a single cotton pad and not a single trace of polish remaining.

It comes with the spout at the top of the bottle instead of having a regular open neck which I prefer as well.

I'm never buying another remover as long as this is on the shelf.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2011 7:17:00 PM More reviews by jacoba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Cannot rave enough about this product! I've been buying it for years, and no other brand has ever come close. Dirt cheap at Walmart, and takes off nail polish (which I wear tons of) faster and cleaner than anything else. Huge recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2010 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Eva32

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great nail polish remover. It easily removes my nail polish within 30 seconds, and it doesn't smell nearly as bad as others I have tried. I also like the packaging, as the bottle top has a small hole from which you can squirt the product out by squeezing the bottle. Not messy at all! I would definitely re-purchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 2:45:00 PM More reviews by srizvi00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best nailpolish remover hands down!(i have had an account for a while but this compelled me to write a review). Right now I have another brand's nail polish remover in front of me but I ran to my room to take out the last few drops of my Sally Hansen one because it works the best and it works very fast!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2010 10:33:00 AM More reviews by bellek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I haven't tried many of the salon removers, but from all the drug store ones I've used this is by far the best. I was able to remove all my nail polish (4 layers plus top and base coat) using two cotton pads within 30 seconds for both hands. There was no struggling, hard scrapping or anything that would further damage my nails. Just soak for a second or two and then all my polish would come off. This is the best remover I've ever used.