October 1, 2014 | 1223 users online

Polishes - OPI - Bastille My Heart

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

When I want to feel sexy, polished, professional, and chic, Bastille My Heart is the polish I grab. As a lover of vampy cremes, I do not usually go for other finishes, but this shade is kissed with just the right amount of shimmer to reflect light beautifully without being flashy or distracting. BMH is the perfect rich cranberry shade. Sometimes I stray away from true reds because they can lack subtlety. This color is sultry but modest enough for work or school. It is a great choice if you are craving a red nail but want something very classy and modern. I could see this polish looking good on just about anyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2013 3:16:00 PM More reviews by NinaSun

This color is gorgeous. It's a mix between a ruby red and a magenta and a violet color. It's so lovely because it looks so elegant and polished and it's a little deeper than true red, which I was looking for. Of course, the consistency and texture and longevity are all great, as usual with OPI polishes. Definitely one of the best in their collection!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2013 3:04:00 AM More reviews by bonniherself

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Oh, my. This is a gorgeous, jewel-toned, cool red jelly-creme with a burgundy vibe and magenta undertones. Two coats gives full opacity and amazing depth of colour. None of the swatches I saw prior to buying this really told the full story of the astounding colour depth. In bright light, this practically glows. It's more subdued in indirect light, but still jeweltoned and lovely.

Application is lovely, not too thick or too thin. First coat is somewhat streaky, but it sorts itself out by the second coat. I didn't experience staining with this, but I suspect it might do, because it's quite deeply pigmented, so it's a good idea to wear this with a good base coat that you know will protect your nails (of course, that's always good advice, for any polish, but especially a richly coloured one like this).

So happy with this colour. Magnifique!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2013 7:44:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Got this on sale for 5 bucks (CDN) which is a steal here. Love the clean berry red colour and it seems to be wearing reasonably well (I've had it on for a bit over 24 hours). It's a perfect "year round" shade and really pretty.and "lady-ish". If it wears well, I'll be back to up my rating to a perfect 5.
UPDATE: Okay, so wear wasn't the greatest but this was a DIY manicure (and I'm not great at getting long lasting results when I do my own nails). This lasted roughly 5 days on me, with a bit of "repair work" in the days between applying and removing. But even so, this is such a beautiful, appealing colour that I don't mind that it doesn't last a hugely long time. Going back to the store in search of a backup!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by Nikki_L

This is pretty. Dark berry shimmer. We'll see how it wears, but so far I really like this. Tired of statement manicures and wanted something plain.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Susee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This polish is from the fall 2008 OPI France collection. I find it to be a beautiful color, dark cranberry with shimmer. It is very cool toned, which I love because so many dark reds seem to pull more orange on me. It looks darker on me than in the picture, but not really "vampy." This polish applies smoothly without streaking and dries very quickly. It is completely opaque in two coats.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by MissMegg83

I just love this nail color. It looks great with fair skin and is perfect for fall/winter though I do break it out once in awhile in the warmer weather too. Often I find darker shades, such as the ever popular Wicked, to be so harsh on lighter skin. I'm not really sure how to describe the color...maybe a dark burgundy but with more reddish tones, but it is a very rich color with just the perfect touch of shine to it. When I apply it I find that three very thin coats works for me (I like very thin because I still can't seem to be able to apply nail polish well) but I'm sure two regular coats would be perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 1:58:00 AM More reviews by Audralee27

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Bastille My Heart is one of my all time favorite shades from one of my all time favorite collections, OPI's French Collection. I'm partial to this collection because I'm of french descent so I migrate towards this rich & elegant collection, but I think most girls would. The shades in this collection are so rich, elegant, sophisticated & yet so chic, hip with such a sense of style and refinement. Bastille My Heart is one of the stand outs in this fabulous collection! I'm a creme polish girl, but I do like a high quality looking shimmer and this one is it! I love the cranberry, plum & deep berry/raisin shades for fall & I love this shade spectrum so much that I try & sneak these shades in my wardrobe all year long. I would best describe this shade as a deep, complex plumish cranberry shimmer creme & if you have these two shades combined in one polish & I must purchase!!! I find cranberry polishes are hard to find & plum shades tend to take center stage these past seasons, but when I find a cranberry shade, I must purchase, but this one is in a catogory all its own. This cranberry/plumish shimmer has so much depth & complexity to it. It looks as beautiful in the bottle as it does on my fingers & that doesn't happen all the time. Bastille My Heart reminds me of OPI's Swiss Collection's, Diva Of Geneva, but Diva has gold undertones in it & is a half shade lighter going toward the plum side more while Bastille My Heart migrates toward the cranberry side. I find Bastille to be a richer, creamier, shimmery formula next to Diva. I love Diva as well, but Bastille makes me feel so feminine & sexy, but in a simple, clean understated way. The shade is dark, but not overwhelming. I receive so many compliments when I wear this shade & I subconsciously must really love it because I always tend to reach for it in colder months & it stays on longer than any shade I've ever purchased from OPI. This shade was the first dark shade that I ever purchased from OPI & I make sure I always have it my collection. It's a must! It never chips & that to me is worth every penny because that's one thing that I'm a stickler about when it comes to my nails! I'll obsess on the chip all day until I can get home & fix it, but never with this shade & seldom if ever with most OPI polishes. This shade is really so elegant & luxurious girls! You'll really feel like something special in this shade as it's so feminine, womanly & sophisticated. This is definitely a sexy, sultry shade & not a girly shade! This shade oozes confidence, inner & outer strength & beauty! All that in one little bottle! I'll take it! That's what different shades do for me! It brings out different feelings & emotions! Don't let this one pass you by or any from OPI's French Collection! :)

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2011 11:49:00 PM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bastille My Heart is a reddish cranberry with a slight shimmer. It's a beautiful color and it wears well. It's easy to apply, and two coats is all you need for a beautiful pedicure. Typically, I would save this shade for fall & winter. However, it's a color that I can wear all year round in So CA. This shade works with my skin tone, and it's one of my new favorites...

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by mbrow222

My all time favorite OPI nail polish! such a pretty colour. Dark red, with purple shimmer. Vampy colour, looks awesome on all skin tones! Def recommend!