April 18, 2014 | 1031 users online

Lipstick - Urban Decay - Weapon of Love Lipstick in Trainwreck

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2012 7:50:00 AM More reviews by bedazzeledberet

I love this lipstick because of how cute the packaging is and how much I love the deep pink shade, and how elegant it looks as well as being vampy. It can be a bit drying and the taste isn't the nicest but I just love the colour so much its all worth it. If your in doubt please swatch it in the shop to make sure you love it just as much as I do!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2010 8:54:00 AM More reviews by iloveurbandecay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My favourite Urban Decay lipstick colour to date. It absolutely lights up my fair-porcelain complexion and it lasts! Others have spoken about a taste or smell, but honestly I don't taste or smell anything. I love this dark fuschia and will definitely buy it again!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/29/2008 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Disco_Dancing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

**UPDATE**

I have recently re-discovered this lipstick (yes, I did just let it sit there in my stash, unused), and feel obligated to edit my review accordingly. I have taken to wearing my lipsticks full-coverage lately. When applied like that - directly from the tube - this lipstick is actually really drying; if I try to apply it over balm, it goes on streaky, and I can't apply balm on top of the lipstick or the color will migrate to the edges of my lip line. The taste is horrendous either way.
I still absolutely, 100% adore the color, though, thus I would still re-buy. However, if you cannot handle dry lipstick, or simply dislike the packaging, I think that the Georgio Armani 2010 fall line has a similar-looking lipstick (minus the blue-ish shimmer) in a much nicer formula.

(Reference: NC20, dark brown eyes, dirty blonde hair.)

Let me just say, before I start the review proper, that the packaging of these new UD lipsticks is absolutely gorgeous! It's what sucked me into trying the line. Each lipstick comes housed in a large and heavy purple metal tube with a little gunmetal dagger sticking out the top - it seems very sturdy to me, by the way, so I think it's unlikely it would break - and a clear plastic cover doodled on with delicate purple designs.

Okay, now that that's out of my system...

The color I got, Trainwreck, is a deep berry/fuchsia color, creamy and with the slightest hint of shimmer. Because it goes on slightly sheer (although I've had no issue building that sheerness up to full coverage), I don't think it's too over-the-top for daywear at all. Plus, it looks amazing against my complexion! Really brightens my whole face up. I think it would look great against darker skintones, too.

I also really like the smell. It's described as "creme caramel", and that seems pretty accurate to me. It's pretty strong in the tube, but it fades off of my lips quickly enough... So it's pleasant, but doesn't get annoying like some perfumed lipsticks do.

It lasted for about six hours without a lipliner, by the way, and that was with some eating and drinking.

At $22, this lipstick costs a pretty penny... But I would definitely buy it again. For me, it's an HG fuchsia - and I didn't even know there was such a thing. ;)

Pics >>

(Applied full; it's much brighter and darker in real life.)

(Applied sheer; again, brighter and darker in real life.) continued >>

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No