E.L.F. Mineral Lipstick

Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Ceresin Wax, Microcrystalline Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Paraffin Wax, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Tocopherol (Ve),Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vc), Retinyl Palmitate (Va), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is my first E.L.F. Mineral Lipstick and it is in Runway Pink. I have finally found my "my lips but better" shade. I usually wear deeper/vampy colors so, for me, pinks are outside my comfort zone. I bought this on a whim and I am so pleased. It's a nice nude pink with the slightest brown tone to it. It doesn't have any kind of off putting perfume-y or chemical smell to it. It is decently moisturizing. The packaging is neat and sleek. And, as usual with e.l.f., the price is right. The only thing I found odd is the actual shape of the lipstick. It isn't shaped like the typical lipstick that will conform to the shape of your lips upon application. The slant of the lipstick is a little steeper, a little more straight so that can make application tricky, depending upon your lip shape.

on 1/12/2015 4:12:00 AM

I bought a few shades of this formula and feel it is worth more than what you pay for them. I've used more expensive brands but these seem better than some of them, for some reason. The colors are wearable (most of them), the pigments are good and they are so cheap.

on 11/27/2014 2:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

So great! I bought one the first time, just to try it. And I was not disappointed. Not sticky at all. Now I have just about every color.

on 11/15/2014 6:14:00 PM

These lipsticks feel like mud on the lips for some reason. They were not the most moisturizing but not drying either. They do not stain the lips, btw. Most of the shades I bought contain shimmer which I am not particularly fond of. The only non-shimmer colour I tried was rosy tan and this one felt exactly like mud! The colour looked very dull, not flattering at all!

on 11/5/2014 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

very Creamy, pigmented at a very good price drugstore lipstick.

on 9/28/2014 12:48:00 PM

I'm not one for lipstick, usually. I prefer tinted lipgloss and other lip products of the like. I received this in a mystery grab bag when I made a recent purchase from E.L.F. It came in Rich Raspberry. Upon opening it, it looked dark and definitely not a color that would go with my fair skin and blonde hair. Not only that, I was skeptical of the quality. However, I gave it a go and I was surprised! I wore it with subdued and neutral eye makeup, and this really make my lips look elegant and polished. The color was more raspberry/berry colored on my lips than it looked in the tube. It has amazing pigmentation and staying power. After initial application I touched it up maybe 2-3 times, mainly because I was eating and drinking, but the color stayed the entire day. I feared that it might be drying, but it really wasn't. I would recommend, and I wouldn't hesitate to try other colors in this line.

on 6/5/2014 7:38:00 PM

I bought this in Rosy Raisin, and I love the colour. I've been looking for a nice orangey pink for a while and this was a hit for me. The texture is nice and creamy. Doesn't stay on if you're eating/drinking, but a quick reapplication every now and then isn't a big deal. I probably will try another colour, likely in the nude range as I don't see much point in a highly pigmented lipstick that doesn't stay very long. Very happy with this purchase though!

on 11/13/2013 12:36:00 PM

I have 3 shades from this range and I like the colours and the payoff is good. However, I find these to be quite drying, even though they are supposed to have a cream finish, so that puts me off. Another con is that they can melt and break easily. They're not the worst by any means, but I can find better lipstick formulas from the drugstore for the same price or cheaper.

on 1/12/2013 7:57:00 PM

I got this product in natural nymph. And first off it looked like I put concealer on my lips. It made my lips look really dry. So I gave it to my sister and it made her lips look dry too. So I decided to just go and buy it in a different color. And I got it in pouty petal this time to see if it was just the shade this time. And it end being a better choice. It didn't make my lips look dry and it looked smoother on my lips.

on 11/29/2012 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought these two on a whim because ELF was doing a free shipping event for a purchase of $25 and over. So I decided to try these out. I got Rosy Raisin and Rosy Tan. Both very similar except Rosy Raisin tends to be more of a light sheerer nude pink while Rosy Tan tends to be more brownish and a darker nude pink. I love these both but find myself wearing Rosy Tan more!

Pros:
Beautiful colors
Great color pay off
Stains even after you wipe it off before you eat and etc
Long wearing (3-4 hours +)
Amazing texture (very creamy and feels like a lip balm)

Cons:
Not true to color on website, must look at swatches online
Can settle into creases
Rosy Raisin is sheerer but Rosy Tan is more opaque (inconsistent?)
The shape of the bullet is weird

Recommended for Medium Skin