December 22, 2014 | 1276 users online

Blush - Everyday Minerals - HOMEWORK

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2009 1:53:00 AM More reviews by SharonWT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

So, I really wanted to love this blush. It looks soooo beautiful in the jar and on my face. However, it's just doesn't look nice on my skin.
I don't know what it is. I tried putting a tad on, the way I always do and it's still bad. It makes my pores look HUGE. I think it's the shimmer in it. I never really had a problem with EM shimmer blushes, I mean I'm in love with Theme Park from EM and that's also a shimmer blush.
I don't know. It's look like a warm purple/pinkish brownish with gold shimmer. It looks so damn beautiful.
But it makes my pores look HUGE, even with primer and everything else on. AND it makes me look ruddy.
It's weird, and drives me crazy.
Like other reviewers said, this blush is tricky.
Get a sample first. If it works then I'm jealous. lol.
I swapped mine away. I hope you worked well for your new owner. lol

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2008 10:21:00 AM More reviews by mc82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

In the jar this looks like a coppery-brown shimmery shade, but as you apply it, the colour is mauvey-brown with the copper shimmer being very subtle. I use olive medium or sandy medium in the EM foundation and found this works well as an everyday bronzing-type blush as for me it is not very pigmented. The undertones to this are slighter cooler, but the copper in it does warm it up.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2008 3:13:00 PM More reviews by bubbleheart

This is one of the trickier of Everyday Minerals blushes. Im fair, but by no means pale and I do have warm undertones and I still have to be very careful about how I apply this or it can end up looking muddy. This is not your blush that you run to in the morning when you have to get your makeup on and out the door in 5 minutes. It also is very dependant on good lighting, to make sure you get the reddish rosy glow rather than the muddy brown on your cheeks. In the container it is quite a pretty color to look at, with the coppery sheen overlaying the rosy/mauve. I can see this looking really great if you have a tan. Ultimately Im glad that this was free, or else I probably wouldnt spend full price on it for what Im able to use it for.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2008 12:54:00 PM More reviews by selmasoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The description of 'Homework' on the EM website is a rosy shade with copper undertones, and that is pretty much accurate. At first, I didn't think I would be able to wear this blush, as it looked a little dark in the pot, however it goes on really light and is not garish at all. I am taking off one lippie though because it is very shimmery. I like a sheen but the shimmer is a little too intense for my pale skin.