September 18, 2014 | 898 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Lip Shimmer in Fig

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by tarsmom

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this based on the reviews here and thank you for such accurate ones! This is perfect if you want a YLBB color. If you apply it, it blends right in with the insides of your lips (mine anyway), yet for a balm has enough pigment to cover. It's the best of everything, feel, color, taste, and not dry, too moist or waxy. This makes your face look nice and teeth, too. I just bought the Rhubarb too but it's just a tad too pink for me - however, I may apply a little over Fig for a little more brightness. Overall, these are exceptional lip products and I would buy in the future.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2013 7:25:00 PM More reviews by lavenderwig

I never screw anything like balms up because they always seem to get stuck up.. broke my rule cus I was so curious to see how much there was and there is a lot of product! but then halfway going down it stopped so I had to push it down and some was sliced onto the brim but I just put that on my lip instead of wasting it and just wiping it. if you're not a lipstick girl (like me--I only have 2), want color with lip benefits, these are not expensive for how long a tube will last and every color has such impact that if you don't want the full color, you can dot and rub, and repeat as much as you like. gave it a 4 though because since it is a balm, it's rounded, and if you have lips that do that little M thing it's kind of annoying getting the balm to be precise in that area.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 2:22:00 PM More reviews by BeeYourself

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The color is beautiful. For daytime wear, I use it more sparingly: Instead of running it across my lips as I would with a clear lip balm or lipstick, I dot it on. It still has a terrific color payoff, but it is more subtle and suitable for a pretty and casual look during the day. If I use it at night, I can afford to use it a little more liberally. It has a nice tingling sensation when you put it on, so I like to use it as a sort of pick-me-up makeup product. I'm still using the tube of lip shimmer that I bought a few years ago so it still has the problem of not being able to twist down, but I've heard that Burt's Bees has acknowledged that problem since then. Overall, a very nice lip product, suitable for any age or skin color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2012 11:48:00 AM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this color. It's very similar to Clinique's Almost Black Honey lipstick. When you apply it, it feels tingly because of the peppermint oil. The color is a muted, semi-sheer wine color. It does moisturize and the lasting power is decent (better than the Black Honey).
This is for everyday wear or going out. I will keep purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2012 7:01:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Fig comes off as a plummy mauve pink, a perfect MLBB shade. I'd honestly call this the poor/cheap girl's Chanel Boy but minus the high shine factor. Great for the days when you want a bit of color but don't want the shine of a gloss or the impact of a lipstick. Also, Burt's Bees finally fixed the problem where you couldn't retract the color back in the tube, so there's no reason to not pick up this color (and several more).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2011 9:18:00 PM More reviews by sugarcheri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my HG daytime lip product! Just the right amount of colour and I love the peppermint oil. The fig shade also works well with my ruddy colouring and high lip pigmentation. Very decently price, and an environmentally responsible product! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2011 12:37:00 PM More reviews by Chamuda

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love love love. Perfect MLBB shade. Love that it's all natural too.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/20/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by semisilence

It's 100% natural and matches my actual lip colour. It's also a decent moisturizer. Unfortunately there's no way to screw the balm back into the tube. Furthermore the product has a tendency to be too soft to apply precisely. Once on, it bleeds everywhere. I'll stick to the original balm, thanks.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2011 8:36:00 PM More reviews by KalmiaB

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried my this in another shade too - both are STILL too much color. I then tried to lightly paint it on with a brush - STILL too much color.
Now, I apply the Hurraw colorless balm, then just a dot of this on lower lip, then spread with brush. AHA - finally - the minuscule the amt of color I crave. At this rate, stick of this BB product will surely last me ten years.

Maybe I am using the wrong BB product? I just want a hint of color.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by ninanina

This is a sure dupe for: NARS Dolce Vita l/s and Clinique's Black Honey, I have both and swatched them, can't tell the difference. I'm taking lippies off for the packaging, there IS a reason we buy lipsticks and not this cheesy thing that globs all over the place, another lippie off for the terrible peppermint taste...that said, it's a great color and cheaper than whatever at $3.50 a tube when you're out of something and in a hurry pick this up, it's surely YLBB, but not as great as a lipstick. On the fence if I will purchase again.
**Update** This went in the trash after 2 days, not only did it almost ruin an expensive handbag due to glop all over, but it got on my hands every time I applied it, it bled around my lips. The color is lovely but not for me, big ICK!