November 21, 2014 | 1696 users online

Lipstick - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Volupte - Ultimate Beige #003

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2014 6:11:00 PM More reviews by Ridaaxo

I do really love the colour of this on my complexion! A silky smooth nude colour! I love wearing this on top of Mac Mehr with my favourite lip pencil - Clarins bay rose. Rouge Volupte lipsticks make my lips feel amazing and prevent them from drying out!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by liorak

Ordered this online thinking it would be a perfect your lips but better shade... was wrong. SUPER brown. At least when I was at my lightest. I think this is more for women of color. Not for lighter skin girls! I really wish this was pinker. :( I had such high hopes, as I really like almost all YSL products. But not all colors are meant for everyone! Returned it as soon as I got it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 2:55:00 AM More reviews by Heliana

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This lipstick is beautiful! So elegant and luxurious. It's very creamy and it lasts a decent amount of time. I've seen some negative reviews about it being cheap feeling and not lasting at all but I think they tried the Rouge Volupte SHINE version.
The packaging is oh, so beautiful, like a jewel.
The downside is that is really expensive (here at around 35 euro) so I am not sure if I will ever buy another one, it's upsetting that the prettiest shades were limited edition, those in the permanent one are pretty generic and you can find dupes for them in the drugstore. Like for example for number 11 (rose cult) a great dupe is revlon's "Cherries in the snow" where you have a 35 euro vs a 10 euro similar product so why would you spend those 25 extra?
Honestly though, if I ever have extra money to spend I would purchase another just because it's so luxurious!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 5:56:00 PM More reviews by ashwarya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you are nc30-35 then this is a perfect soft nude on our skin tone. I am so in love with this beautiful formula. Goes on like a dream and the color is very opaque. Its definitely MLBB yet noticeable. It lasts about 4 to 5 hours on my lips and keeps them very soft and hydrated. Ysl did an amazing job with these lippies aknd i am looking forward to including some more of these gems in my collection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2013 1:37:00 AM More reviews by cathykl

I wear this for work and it is just a bit darker and less red than my natural lip but looks great, very 'my lips but better' so I don't worry about extreme fading or having a ring of colour around the edge of my lips and nowhere else. I have yellow-toned/olive skin, NC30ish in MAC terms and this was what the YSL SA recommended and I've been wearing this colour for probably over a year.

Pigment is amazing, great colour payoff. Staying power isn't amazing, but not horrid either, at work I will reapply every 3-4 hours.

Overall - beautiful shade, non-drying on my lips and looks great for daily wear. Cons for me are the price, formula is slightly greasy and may sink into lines around the mouth, and the heavy and slightly ridiculous packaging. I swear this is the heaviest lipstick tube I have ever held. It must weigh like a pound. It's pretty, sure - but it's like my lipstick is wearing more gold bling than my entire workplace put together.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 7:35:00 AM More reviews by r3shma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you are Nc40-42 this is the best nude lipstick. The rouge volupte line is super creamy and very pigmented. One swipe is all you need. It is on the more expensive side but you are paying for packaging and the quality. They are getting discontinued soon so get your hands on them before they are gone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I love, love the packaging of these lipsticks. Unfortunately it's so hard for me to find a shade that looks good on me. The light colors are too pastel-y on me, while the "natural" shades tend to be too dark. Ultimate Beige is beige with some rose in it, and it's a muddy MLBB shade on me. To liven it up a bit, I top with NARS Chihuahua lip gloss so it's not as brown. I do have pigmented lips and I like that these lipsticks are pigmented and they wear really well. I was able to snag this at my Costco for about 20% off but I probably wouldn't pay much more than that.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by fannyfan

PROS:
- Perfect MLBB shade (my lips are pretty pigmented)
- Luxurious, velvety texture
- Lasts over 3 hours on me, transfers at bit but survives most drinks and snacks
- Cap top doubles as a tiny mirror, which is handy for reapplication

CONS:
- Expensive
- Heavy, comically opulent packaging
- Matte finish (I prefer at least a hint of shine)

BOTTOM LINE:
Definitely a splurge, but I wear it every day at work. Next time I'll probably go with the RV shine formula.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 9:08:00 AM More reviews by youwillneverfindme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The packaging suckers me in every time...it's just so OTT and girly, I had to have it. This is probably my 4th tube of YSL lipstick, and I've disliked every single one of them due to the scent and flavor...I think I'm finally over them. YSL lipsticks are perfumed with an old fashioned floral (violet?) that is somewhat nostalgic of putting on Gram's makeup as a kid...not wholly bad, but it's strong enough that I can smell it over my perfume as I wear them. They also taste like they smell.

While the formula is super nurturing to my lips and highly pigmented, I feel like the thick cream constancy is quite cakey and mature looking (somehow...difficult to explain but it makes my lips look *old*), unless lightly blotted on then blotted off with a tissue. Hence, the formula does nothing to enhance the look of my lips, no matter what color I choose. It also doesn't last more than a half hour.

Beige Ultimate 03 is a mature mlbb shade. On my pink, fair skin, it looks like a warm toned, rosy orangey-brown/nude. It's fairly dark, (even on my pigmented lips), and very pigmented as far as color saturation is concerned. It's just not my color, it's too dark and warm toned for what I like to wear. The closest comparisons that I can make to my current, tiny arsenal is MAC's Half n' Half, which is more brown and lighter in color, more of a true "nude" than Beige Ultimate.

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2013 9:36:00 AM More reviews by fergiefergie

This is the bomb diggity for me, so I'm surprised that everyone didn't give it five stars. HG for sure. If I were going on a trip and could only pack one lipstick, this would be it. Wouldn't even have to think about it. Yes, it's quite pricey; but for me it's worth every penny. Very lush, rich, hydrating formula. You don't need any lipgloss on top. I always wear lipgloss on top of my lipstick, but no need to with this beauty. Crazy intense pigmentation. I'm a PPP with full lips that have very, very little pigmentation. The # 003 Ultimate Beige is a pinkish nude with a tiny hint of brown and an even tinier hint of mauve. If my lips had average pigmentation, this would be a bit darker than MLBB. The only thing I don't care for about this lipstick is the scent, a mango-ish, yucky, fruit-ish smell. You smell it while applying, but the scent luckily dissipates almost instantly after. With YSL being French, I'm surprised they didn't go with the classic rose-violet scent that I adore. Wish they had. But other than the short-lived fragrance, YSL's Rouge Volupte is, by far, head and shoulders above all of my other lipsticks.