Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte - Ultimate Beige #003

3.9

I keep coming back to this shade from this particular brand. Yves saint laurent Rouge volupte formula is water weight, yet pigment packed lipstick that amuses me every application time. I love the scent too as it relaxes me!

on 2/18/2015 9:37:00 AM

This is a pretty nude, but slightly darker than the pinky nude that is so popular right now. It's kind of boring on me, doesn't really perk up my N/NW10-15 face or unpigmented lips. Has a strange smell that doesn't seem to linger. It's glossy, so the wear time is poor. I've had it for a long time, but I don't use it that often because I have so many prettier lip colors. At this price point ($35), I would rather have one of the NARS Audacious lipsticks.

on 7/30/2014 6:11:00 PM

I do really love the colour of this on my complexion! A silky smooth nude colour! I love wearing this on top of Mac Mehr with my favourite lip pencil - Clarins bay rose. Rouge Volupte lipsticks make my lips feel amazing and prevent them from drying out!

on 5/17/2014 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ordered this online thinking it would be a perfect your lips but better shade... was wrong. SUPER brown. At least when I was at my lightest. I think this is more for women of color. Not for lighter skin girls! I really wish this was pinker. :( I had such high hopes, as I really like almost all YSL products. But not all colors are meant for everyone! Returned it as soon as I got it.

on 1/6/2014 2:55:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

This lipstick is beautiful! So elegant and luxurious. It's very creamy and it lasts a decent amount of time. I've seen some negative reviews about it being cheap feeling and not lasting at all but I think they tried the Rouge Volupte SHINE version.
The packaging is oh, so beautiful, like a jewel.
The downside is that is really expensive (here at around 35 euro) so I am not sure if I will ever buy another one, it's upsetting that the prettiest shades were limited edition, those in the permanent one are pretty generic and you can find dupes for them in the drugstore. Like for example for number 11 (rose cult) a great dupe is revlon's "Cherries in the snow" where you have a 35 euro vs a 10 euro similar product so why would you spend those 25 extra?
Honestly though, if I ever have extra money to spend I would purchase another just because it's so luxurious!

on 11/26/2013 5:56:00 PM

If you are nc30-35 then this is a perfect soft nude on our skin tone. I am so in love with this beautiful formula. Goes on like a dream and the color is very opaque. Its definitely MLBB yet noticeable. It lasts about 4 to 5 hours on my lips and keeps them very soft and hydrated. Ysl did an amazing job with these lippies aknd i am looking forward to including some more of these gems in my collection.

on 11/9/2013 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I wear this for work and it is just a bit darker and less red than my natural lip but looks great, very 'my lips but better' so I don't worry about extreme fading or having a ring of colour around the edge of my lips and nowhere else. I have yellow-toned/olive skin, NC30ish in MAC terms and this was what the YSL SA recommended and I've been wearing this colour for probably over a year.

Pigment is amazing, great colour payoff. Staying power isn't amazing, but not horrid either, at work I will reapply every 3-4 hours.

Overall - beautiful shade, non-drying on my lips and looks great for daily wear. Cons for me are the price, formula is slightly greasy and may sink into lines around the mouth, and the heavy and slightly ridiculous packaging. I swear this is the heaviest lipstick tube I have ever held. It must weigh like a pound. It's pretty, sure - but it's like my lipstick is wearing more gold bling than my entire workplace put together.

on 10/19/2013 7:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

If you are Nc40-42 this is the best nude lipstick. The rouge volupte line is super creamy and very pigmented. One swipe is all you need. It is on the more expensive side but you are paying for packaging and the quality. They are getting discontinued soon so get your hands on them before they are gone.

on 8/21/2013 2:03:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love, love the packaging of these lipsticks. Unfortunately it's so hard for me to find a shade that looks good on me. The light colors are too pastel-y on me, while the "natural" shades tend to be too dark. Ultimate Beige is beige with some rose in it, and it's a muddy MLBB shade on me. To liven it up a bit, I top with NARS Chihuahua lip gloss so it's not as brown. I do have pigmented lips and I like that these lipsticks are pigmented and they wear really well. I was able to snag this at my Costco for about 20% off but I probably wouldn't pay much more than that.

on 7/16/2013 5:03:00 PM

PROS:
- Perfect MLBB shade (my lips are pretty pigmented)
- Luxurious, velvety texture
- Lasts over 3 hours on me, transfers at bit but survives most drinks and snacks
- Cap top doubles as a tiny mirror, which is handy for reapplication

CONS:
- Expensive
- Heavy, comically opulent packaging
- Matte finish (I prefer at least a hint of shine)

BOTTOM LINE:
Definitely a splurge, but I wear it every day at work. Next time I'll probably go with the RV shine formula.

Popular Lipsticks