December 22, 2014 | 1718 users online

Blush - NARS - Sin

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2014 5:42:00 AM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have never seen Sin in-store, but have searched online for swatches and dupes. One of them is said to be MAC's Plum Foolery. I'm happy I haven't bought Plum Foolery when I had a chance, but have listened to my 'feeling' and blindly ordered it online via friend in US (I am in EU).
Plum Foolery looked more like a 'red plum' (while Sin is more like a 'purple plum'). While Plum Foolery is on the purple side, the red in it is much, much stronger (than I imagined in Sin) that I was afraid I wouldn't be happy nor satisfied with my final look. As I have a lot of blushes (I confess I'm a junkie), I searched for a down-on-earth purple (Illamasqua offers a real purple blush in 'Sin'. Coincidence?). My face tends to accentuate red in any of the blushes, no mater the color: an orange blush never looked as orange as in the pan on me, but pulled more choral, despite me being on the pale side.

Sin. It is such a beautiful purple color. When applied, it looks neutral and sophisticated with a hint of coldness. Because of the purple in it, it makes such a nice shade for colder months. The 'purplishness' is not obvious but present.

The quality is on pair with the price. Being a US$30 blush, the quality is delivered: it is very pigmented and the powder is enough hard not to have a lot of fall-out in the pan (Illamasqua users understand me). It is very easy to overdue the application as the blush doesn't require layering. The best application for everyday is accomplished with a fluffy or a bigger blush brush as blending is not an option when running late.
The blush is good for an all-day wear: as a 'work' blush and as a 'night-out' blush. It pairs very nice with any eye look and with almost every lipstick. I like the contrast effect you can get when pairing the blush with a neutral, warm or orange eyes and choral to orange lipstick. It also looked nice with Naked 3 looks, but then, I'd rather use MAC's Melba or Style.

Among all three NARS blushes I have (Sin, Orgasm and Madly), I find Sin to be the most unique and fancy one, and Orgasm the most boring and unflattering one (bought it out of hype).

I don't have anything similar in my stash. Illamasqua's Morale is the same blush but PINK. I absolutely recommend this blush to everyone! The color is so unique and won't collide with any pink, rose or red shade in your stash. It's the most beautiful safe-purple blush I have came across. It works well on my neutral skin tone and I'm absolutely sure it could work very nice on both yellow and pink toned ones, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2014 9:42:00 PM More reviews by lovethekings

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I can't believe it took me so long to try this blush. It gives a nice subtle glow and looks stunning with dark vampy lips. This is the perfect blush for fall and winter and it looks nice whether I'm pale or have tan. So in love :)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2014 1:10:00 PM More reviews by morgannicole

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

although I'm a huge fan of Nars blushes, and I own more than I care to admit, I have to say this is my least favorite that I own. I have medium light skin, fairly neutral toned, but this seems to pull red for me. I wear a medium coverage foundation since I have some acne scarring, but this seems to make my redness slightly more prominent. I also feel like it applies patchily no matter which brush I use, I can never get it to apply as evenly as I'd like. I think this would look fabulous on darker toned skin, or even lighter, blemish free skin, but for me I just can't make it translate to look as nicely on my skin as it does in the pan.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2014 9:32:00 AM More reviews by hanknelmer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One of my favorite blushes, definitely gets worn most in the winter time. The sheen is gorgeous. Color works best with cool makeup colors. Sort of a purple undertone, a lot of pictures I see online don't seem to represent it accurately.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2014 11:36:00 AM More reviews by stimwink1

Looking for another natural blush to wear everyday or to pair with more bold eye/lip color. I have MAC's Warm soul which is beautiful but it leans more peachy and I wanted something more mauvey. This is a Mauve/plummy/brown tone blush that is very neutral and my guess would be it will work with either a cool or warm tone depending on your undertones. Some people may get a very muddy look from this. Very little is needed on this and I would not use a dense brush for this reason. Again you will get a very muddy look. I am a lite/medium neutral tone that leans just a little bit cooler and this comes off very natural on me. Because of the intensity I keep it off the apples of my cheeks and try to keep it further back on my cheekbones. I do not pick up the shimmer on this so for me it is very subtle. This will be along with my warm soul a repurchase for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 9:55:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

Pretty shade when swatched, I do not care for it that much on the lids.
I can also get the same affect with drugstore products for much less.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 2:43:00 AM More reviews by EffyG

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a gorgeous shade to own if you're a fan of the Nars blushes. Or if you are a fan of blushes in general. I pair this with any makeup look and always works. At first I wasn't completely sold on buying it because although it looked like a beautiful color, I wasn't sure how it would look on my skin. After trying it on, I was fully sold. I apply this lightly because it's very easy for it to look off if you apply too much. I think most can work with this shade and make it look beautiful. The pigmentation is superb which can be said for all the Nars blushes. This is a really nice color blush to add to your collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2014 7:28:00 AM More reviews by 1017

When I finally tried Sin, all my purple, reds, vampy and gothy lipsticks stood up and applauded. Finally a blush that gave them all the proper attention, balance and pop they deserve! I am NW20, winter with almot black hair, brown eyes, pinkish skin that can make blushes turn ruddy or orange ( I have a weird undertone, but Sin stayed true & didn't turn). I separate my lipsiticks, bin 1 is corals, warm pinks, bin 2 is hot pinks, reds, bin 3 is filled with purples, deep berries, vampy shades. Sin should just be stored with that last bin. It brought such balance to my look when I popped on my UD Rapture or my Revlon Black Cherry. It even gave new life to my MAC Up the Amp. It is a gorgeous plummy but not heavy on the brown shade. Others have done great jobs of describing the color here. I was trying to avoid shimmer, but unlike Orgasm, this is more of a sheen and not full on glitter. And I think the sheen is what makes this not over powering on my complexion. If I put on a shade like Revlon Black Cherry, with any other blush I own, I look goth. I put it on with Sin, I look sophisticated, luxe, refined, old Hollywood. If you are looking for any kind of fall/winter, berry, plum type of shade, try this. I kissed a lot of frogs before I found Sin.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 12:31:00 AM More reviews by cloz90

A gorgeous blush, however, the plum shade draws attention to red pigmentation left from acne :( I would recommend for clear skin though. It is stunning.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 7:40:00 PM More reviews by m331

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Sin is a gorgeous plum shade with a warm shimmer. It's like a wintery orgasm. Meaning the blush shade, of course. Ahem.

I'm pale, so this is a little tricky to wear. I apply it under my cheekbones instead of on the apples. If you're wearing a bold, cool-toned lipstick, it really pulls the look together. I'll build a whole makeup look around this blush - it is an objectively beautiful colour.