December 19, 2014 | 1037 users online

Foundations - Clarins - Instant Smooth Foundation (mousse)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2013 2:31:00 AM More reviews by Geetshki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Superb coverage for people who don't like a lot of makeup but want to hide redness or patchy skin. I think it's good for ppl who have a just a lil pory skin. Not for ppl who have a lot of pores though. And it's easy on skin. Easy to remove.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2013 4:24:00 AM More reviews by hellodionne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Coverage: Medium, but can be sheered out or thickened depending on application method

Consistency: bit thick, feels heavy on the skin. Won't sit well on oily skinned ladies, definitely

Packaging: Personally I like the frosted glass jar as it feels and looks luxurious sitting on your vanity. But the jar packaging is quite unhygienic as foundation packagings go.

Did it break me out: Not in cysts, but in little bumps that did go away after a couple of days of exfoliating and wearing mud masks

Repurchase? No. There are SO MANY MORE better foundations cheaper which perform better. Perhaps I'll try the Clarins Ever Matte soon.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by 4patti

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have owned this product for some time now. Originally purchased at Nordstrom during a fruitless quest for a Chanel foundation, I had seen its tester & asked an SA to bring it over in a last-ditch attempt to find a match. Turns out mine is 00 Ivory Beige. All agreed it melded seamlessly with my complexion & I've been a very happy camper since. Now I confess, I have since dallied from time to time with other lines (though this is the only mousse I own; I also like mineral pressed powder versions & NARS SG). I find its creamy texture easiest to apply with my fingers. I lightly set with powder after, pressing & rolling it in with a velour puff. Its finish lasts all day & I never have to retouch the actual foundation. Now while it is very buildable to my desired coverage (I like med. to full), it does not substitute for a concealer, which I do touch up. But I find that reasonable for a flawless finish payoff, which on me is not exactly "dewy"- more hydrated appearing; it takes a lot for any line to achieve this for me though. I am not a fan of the clunky glass jar & wouldn't describe it as transportable. It takes up a sizable area of real estate on my vanity. I have a feeling that while its vat-like size is bottomless & steep in price initially, it's overall economical, as it takes very very little per use. I don't bother with the plastic included spatula for dispensation, so also application is a bit messy, but for me not a deterrent. *Edited to add~ it is fragranced but pleasantly so imo; I almost forgot to mention it, as I am quite used to it ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2012 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Pambryant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this foundation-has the primer in it and makes pores disappear and leaves a lovely matte finish-doesn't accentuate fine lines

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2012 4:45:00 PM More reviews by loobyl

I brought this 3 days ago in Madrid for 25 euros . The shades in Spain are not the same as in England but I managed to get one that suits my fairish skin perfectly, No 2 in peach nude. This is the best foundation I have ever used and it just melts into the skin and leaves a velvet like canvas,no streaking or caking. It gives you an airbrushed look which lasts all day. You don´t actually feel like you are wearing foundation. When I go to the airport I will try to get it cheaper as this is now my HG foundation ( I don´t normally wear foundation just powder but this one doesn´t look obvious and creates a lovely canvas for the rest of your makeup. If you haven´t tried it yet go and get a sample and you will be hooked. Available at most department stores and perfume shops.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by aileenpineda

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I think i have found my foundation to match my oily skin. So far so good.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2011 1:46:00 PM More reviews by amiraXOXO

The texture is amazing and it makes you look flawless, but they just don't have my color. The selection is 1-4, then 6. Of course i'm right between a 4 and 6. Oh well. :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2011 12:39:00 PM More reviews by mcorreia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I got this from a swap and it stood sit for a long time on my drawer until I found out I hadn't use the right application method: instead of fingers I tried using Sephora Professional Stippling brush et voilá! I love it, gives such beautiful, flawless and velvety finish to my skin, the mousse texture is so comfortable and doesn't make me shiny actually a liquid form foundation is more prone to making that. It lasts all day long on me (combination/oily T zone) and it doesn't sit on my pores at all.
I find the finish to be quite similar to Estee Lauder Ideal Matte Mousse foundation.
The only cons are the colors I'm Mac NC30 and #04 is the closest but the color itself is not very natural and I'm not too crazy about the scent either, hence the 4**** rating. Otherwise I highly recommend it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by MaryKate88

My first experience with Clarins make-up and this foundation is already my favourite. It's smooth, non-greasy and gives you a longlasting radiant flawless look with an extremely natural finish!

Pro's:
- mousse texture, very soft and non-greasy
- gives you an even complexion and a very natural finish
- medium-coverage
- longlasting yet easy to remove with non-waterproof make-up remover
- easy to apply, even your fingers will do
- subtle scent

Con's:
- the jar packaging, would've been nicer and more hygienic if packaged in a bottle with pump
- the price is a little steep

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2011 6:33:00 AM More reviews by bookworm99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

My background: I have rather patchy-face, with my jaw being a bit darker than the rest. To top that I've a combination-oily face, that tans a bit easily and I sweat somewhat more than normal on my face.
So my concerns were all the above.

This foundation makes my face so smooth,even in color, is not cakey, doesnt wipe off, doesn't make my face shine, and most of all- doesn't photograph white!So my face looks glowing in photos and not "made up".

However, you need to apply it with a light hand.
I'm using Clarins-1.5 Tender Beige.