July 23, 2014 | 1299 users online

Concealers - Urban Decay - 24/7 Concealer Pencil (all)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2014 4:29:00 AM More reviews by Discern

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Indifferent to the packaging, I plan to use it, not stare at it. Price could be less, but you get what you pay for.

Great concealer, but I soon became annoyed at the amount of product that was eaten by the sharpener. So I cleaned out an empty very small glass (foundation/eye-shadow/lip gloss) jar, propped the pencil (point down) in it, taped the other end to a coffee mug so it didn't topple, and microwaved it briefly, for about 20-30 seconds. It was soft, but still in the pencil. So I blew down the back end, the whole inside plopped neatly into the little jar, which I sealed with the screw-on lid. I waste NONE now. I use a fairly stiff eye shadow blending brush to use the smallest amounts, and paint over all flaws, dark circles, blemishes. Some areas I apply thicker than others, as needed. Much much more control, you don't have to use your fingers at all to blend. I use it under a BareMinerals powder foundation and it is invisible. And no waste. Lasts all day, easily, does not run or slide. Not inexpensive, but when it lasts this long it becomes very good value indeed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by madeupmary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Absolutely brilliant concealer. I have terrible dark circles despite only being 27 years old and getting enough sleep and I've tried every concealer out there to disguise them and this is the only one which has even come close to making me look more wide awake. I was dubious about this concealer as I thought it would be too drying being a pencil applicator but it is so creamy and easy to blend. I also find it good for disguising spots and areas of redness, but this product really comes into its own as a handbag staple. I hate having to carry a separate concealer and brush, or even worse, dip my fingers into a product. Fantastic little product and going to pick up in a darker colour for spots and blemishes as the lightest colour is perfect for my under eye area but a bit too light for other areas.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2014 3:11:00 AM More reviews by Clairce1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I gone through my fair share of concealers and although it's ok I find so much is wasted in the pencil sharpener so I'd not buy again as hasn't lasted very long.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Katmetology

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've never rated a product perfectly on this site or elsewhere. This is my holy grail.

I've been looking for a concealer for several years that would give me full coverage without looking terrible on my weird combination skin. I actually have oily skin that is also flaky, so products look dry before they slide off an hour later. It's a mess.

This concealer is so creamy that it melts into my skin, but it's so rich and pigmented that it stays all day. The pencil is excellent too; I can cover my whole chin if I scribble, but I can pinpoint the corners of my eyes and around my lips with ease. I just can't speak highly enough of it.

Recommended x a zillion, especially if your skin is like mine.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 7:32:00 PM More reviews by pamyb1124

I really love this concealer, I wear it in the shade CIA as I have very fair skin. However, I do not like the packaging. While it looks attractive, you have to sharpen it to get more product and this can be complicated. Like the NYX jumbo pencils, it is surrounded by plastic that you can sharpen down. But, the formula of the concealer is very creamy so when you sharpen it the product gets stuck and jams the sharpener. I wish this was a pencil you could twist the bottom and it would come up, to me it would make it much easier to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by iheartmakeup01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

A big concealer pencil... I very love the idea! It's so creamy yet very easy to apply on blemishes. I must say that I don't use it under my eyes to cover dark circles, only on pimples or any blemishes. It covers them very well and it's not cakey or heavy. The shade CIA (lightest) matches my skin perfectly. It is expensive but worth every penny! Try it, you'll be very surprised how well it works ! Will purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2014 12:34:00 AM More reviews by Makeuplove86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great concealer! Coverage is nice and lasts all day. The consistency of the pencil is really good as well. The only thing I don't like is that it's a pencil that needs to be sharpened. I still recommend it and will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2013 12:55:00 AM More reviews by Notaglamourpuss1

Not a bad product,but just a little deficient in what it aims to do. Also more shades are needed.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Mbhamster

The best concealer ever! Stays on and looks beautiful. One downside is you have to sharpen it. Not that big of a deal. But just something to consider. Works wonderful for pimples and redness. So high coverage and creamy.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2013 2:33:00 PM More reviews by jenglund

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been searching high and low for a non-drugstore concealer (I finally got so frustrated with the fillers and crap in drugstore products that I decided to hell with it, and budget be damned, I'm getting some better stuff). My main purpose for concealer is covering up blemishes, large and small--and some busted blood vessels and sunspots around my face. I used Almay Clear Complexion liquid concealer (the wand) for the past few years, and it was nice, but the coverage wasn't great and I really prefer to use a brush to apply concealer...plus, like I said, I'm 30 now so I'm moving away from the drugstore stuff.

I was actually looking for a cream concealer (in a pot) to brush on. But I couldn't find one that was rated higher than a 3.5 or so on MUA...and I really have come to trust these reviews when it comes to makeup. I looked at Laura Mercier and Dermablend (was at Ulta), and they got pretty good reviews, but the lightest color in both was so orange/yellow against my skin!

I saw this (at Ulta) and quickly looked up the reviews on MUA on my phone. Lo and behold, it's rated very highly. I've recently started using a lot of other Urban Decay makeup, so I can't say I was surprised. It passed the MUA test, and it also lacks the ingredients I know break me out: Lauroyl Lysine (this is awful for us acne prone folks), shea butter, tons of oils, etc.

I got the lightest color, CIA. It was about $19 at Ulta.

I've worn it for two days now. It's got great coverage (especially for the pencil format--which I was initially wary of since the wax, etc. used to hold these and sticks together is sometimes problematic for acne-prone skin). It covers my enormous cystic acne blemishes pretty well, and my small sun spots and broken blood vessels. I can't even feel that I have concealer on, which is nice since a lot of moderate/full coverage ones smother me. It does stay on all day--though I've only worn it working from home, so I'm not sure how it will perform on the longer work days.

Best of all, no breakouts...doesn't appear to be clogging or caking or drying.

Hooray!

---update 2/25/14: stopped using this because the coverage wasn't enough for blemishes. Have switched to Clinique Advanced Concealer, which has better coverage for red marks and zits. It's also a bit cheaper.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No