November 22, 2014 | 1980 users online

Treatments (Face) - Philosophy - Turbo Booster C Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2014 10:24:00 PM More reviews by yummyface1023

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Every fall/winter I go through the same ordeal. Around my nose and sides of my mouth, in and around my eyebrows, and along my hair line, I would get flakes. Not from dryness mind you, from sebborheic (sp?) Dermititis. Nothing worked. I used all kinds of moisturizures...even coconut oil and other oils, and exfoliants, thinking it was a dryness problem. Then I did some research and found that it is actually a type of yeast infection so I tried an athletes foot medication...on my face. Nothing worked consistently...until this. Somehow it works, no raw, oily, flaky patches and they have stayed gone for months now. I'm sold. I mix this with $6 Okay complete oil free for sensitive skin and it keeps my face smooth, bright and even toned

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Lray2000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Probably should have done proper research before purchasing this product. There is a reason why the people who rate this generally have oily/acne prone skin. I have sensitive and dry skin and this felt like acid against my face.

Didn't matter if I mixed this with a serum or moisturiser the sting and irritation was unbearable. If I mixed it with my moisturiser it made it very watery. I lasted for about a month using it every morning before calling it quits. I didn't see any major improvements or enough to warrant the pain.

Also I noticed that the product left an orange stain. Not so much on my skin but my nails and dresser table has staining. So my advice is to be careful with the powder especially if you mix it with anything water based.

This has been covered before but the bottle and scoop is not practical at all and is very messy I found. The spatula needs regular cleaning as that too gets a little orange after a while.

Overall I'd say no for me and anyone with dry and sensitive skin a definite no.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by emilyannh

HG! HG! HG!

After a bad bought with cystic acne I have been left with marks and scars that still look pretty much like acne. No foundation, primer, or treatment ever hid them or rid me of it. I was considering pricier options when I purchased this powder on a whim.

Every night I apply a scoop full (or more...if I'm feeling dangerous) to my serum or moisturizer. I have applied it to face oil, coconut oil, and plain old cerave moisturizer and it dissolves completely each time. I do find that if I have any raw places on my face it does sting, but nothing terrible. Every morning I wake up to visible results. First my scars flattened out, then they started to shrink. Now they are barely there and disappearing more every night! I'm so excited! The rest of my face looks better, too. Will repurchase again and again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2014 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Clxer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This little bottle filled with powder was one of the few products that caught my eye on the display. The idea of mixing vitamin C into my daily water-based moisturiser sounded really great. As far as I know, there are little in the market that offers such a powdered add-on. When I asked the kind beauty assistant to test it on my hands, the powder turned the serum used milky white. And 10 minutes later, there were even some chalky residues of the powder on my skin. Oh the horror.

I also knew that many topical vitamin C were actually unstable and would break down before it could fully be effective on your skin. There are mainly three types of vitamin C: L-ascorbic acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate and Magenisum Ascorbyl Phosphate ( MAP) with the L-ascorbic acid being the most unstable and MAP being the most stable. Willing to blame that little bit of chalky error on the choice of serum used, I kindly asked the spokesman if the vitamin used was stable. She then proceeded to tell me me how their vitamin C was more potent than most vitamin C products in the market and after beating around the bush a little bit, she admitted that it actually wasn't that stable. When I went to Philosophy's website to check the ingredients, I found that it was ascorbic acid ( similiar to L- ascorbic acid). Some mentioned that because the product is in powdered form, it makes it more stable. It does sound possible but I still wished that it was made of MAP instead of the ascorbic acid. As of now, there's just too much uncertainties about the stability of it to make a purchase honestly.

read more at: http://claudlyy.blogspot.com/2014/10/philosophy-brand-impression.html

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Zentec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love vitamin c, and what i love most about this product is that you can control your own dose. I use 2 (started with 1) scoops every morning mixed with my sunscreen and i must say my skin looks amazing. Normally my sunscreen is a bit greasy, but this powder leaves my skin with a matte finish. It stings a little bit, but only since i use twice the recommended amount of product i guess :) I'm already on my third bottle and i think i will keep on using this for the rest of my life!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2014 3:26:00 AM More reviews by teojia

Love this! I've been using this for about a month now, and I think it has made my skin smoother and brighter. I'm a little obsessive about cleanliness, so I still keep the box for the spoon and the bottle, and every morning I put them back into the box when I'm done with it. I use it with any of my serums, aloe vera gel, or any light lotion that I'm using in the morning, and do not experience any burning sensation as other reviewers have. I'm interested in trying out the cheaper alternatives when I'm done with this bottle, but for now I'm very happy with this buy, albeit a little expensive for such a tiny bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by blonderedhead78

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG product!! I use this with HIAJ night cream, only because I notice a faint smell after I use this and would rather not smell it during the day. Its the best, most affordable vitamin c product out there. I have issues with uneven skin tone, but this stuff have evened out and brightened my complexion and improved the texture of my skin. I notice it is also firmer and I haven't had any issues with breakouts (other bit c creams have caused me to breakout badly). Its worth the price and you can control the amount added to your serum or cream of choice.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by MonicaU

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been usin this vitamin c powder for over a year, and I just purchased my third bottle today. I really like it because: it is oil-free and does not break me out, it does not have too many ingredients and the first ingredient is ascorbic acid (vitamin c) which tells me it's more potent. It is easy to use and I feel like I'm doing something to help brighten the pigmentation I have from post acne scars, as well as the fact that it is not too expensive (in comparison to other Vitamin C's). Plus of the anti-aging benefits. All in all, I luv it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2014 10:51:00 PM More reviews by UbiquityEssence

Did anyone else's powder start to yellow? It seems like my powder started getting moldy... I kept the jar in it's original packaging in a drawer in my bedroom. Not in my bathroom.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Gailmakeup

I have to say this stuff is really good and I love the fact you can control the strength by how much you use, the only thing that prevents me from re purchasing this is that I am not sure if this is much better than a DIY C serum.