October 24, 2014 | 1727 users online

Treatments (Face) - Philosophy - Turbo Booster C Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by emilyannh

HG! HG! HG!

After a bad bought with cystic acne I have been left with marks and scars that still look pretty much like acne. No foundation, primer, or treatment ever hid them or rid me of it. I was considering pricier options when I purchased this powder on a whim.

Every night I apply a scoop full (or more...if I'm feeling dangerous) to my serum or moisturizer. I have applied it to face oil, coconut oil, and plain old cerave moisturizer and it dissolves completely each time. I do find that if I have any raw places on my face it does sting, but nothing terrible. Every morning I wake up to visible results. First my scars flattened out, then they started to shrink. Now they are barely there and disappearing more every night! I'm so excited! The rest of my face looks better, too. Will repurchase again and again.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2014 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Clxer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This little bottle filled with powder was one of the few products that caught my eye on the display. The idea of mixing vitamin C into my daily water-based moisturiser sounded really great. As far as I know, there are little in the market that offers such a powdered add-on. When I asked the kind beauty assistant to test it on my hands, the powder turned the serum used milky white. And 10 minutes later, there were even some chalky residues of the powder on my skin. Oh the horror.

I also knew that many topical vitamin C were actually unstable and would break down before it could fully be effective on your skin. There are mainly three types of vitamin C: L-ascorbic acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate and Magenisum Ascorbyl Phosphate ( MAP) with the L-ascorbic acid being the most unstable and MAP being the most stable. Willing to blame that little bit of chalky error on the choice of serum used, I kindly asked the spokesman if the vitamin used was stable. She then proceeded to tell me me how their vitamin C was more potent than most vitamin C products in the market and after beating around the bush a little bit, she admitted that it actually wasn't that stable. When I went to Philosophy's website to check the ingredients, I found that it was ascorbic acid ( similiar to L- ascorbic acid). Some mentioned that because the product is in powdered form, it makes it more stable. It does sound possible but I still wished that it was made of MAP instead of the ascorbic acid. As of now, there's just too much uncertainties about the stability of it to make a purchase honestly.

read more at: http://claudlyy.blogspot.com/2014/10/philosophy-brand-impression.html

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Zentec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love vitamin c, and what i love most about this product is that you can control your own dose. I use 2 (started with 1) scoops every morning mixed with my sunscreen and i must say my skin looks amazing. Normally my sunscreen is a bit greasy, but this powder leaves my skin with a matte finish. It stings a little bit, but only since i use twice the recommended amount of product i guess :) I'm already on my third bottle and i think i will keep on using this for the rest of my life!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2014 3:26:00 AM More reviews by teojia

Love this! I've been using this for about a month now, and I think it has made my skin smoother and brighter. I'm a little obsessive about cleanliness, so I still keep the box for the spoon and the bottle, and every morning I put them back into the box when I'm done with it. I use it with any of my serums, aloe vera gel, or any light lotion that I'm using in the morning, and do not experience any burning sensation as other reviewers have. I'm interested in trying out the cheaper alternatives when I'm done with this bottle, but for now I'm very happy with this buy, albeit a little expensive for such a tiny bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by blonderedhead78

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG product!! I use this with HIAJ night cream, only because I notice a faint smell after I use this and would rather not smell it during the day. Its the best, most affordable vitamin c product out there. I have issues with uneven skin tone, but this stuff have evened out and brightened my complexion and improved the texture of my skin. I notice it is also firmer and I haven't had any issues with breakouts (other bit c creams have caused me to breakout badly). Its worth the price and you can control the amount added to your serum or cream of choice.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by MonicaU

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been usin this vitamin c powder for over a year, and I just purchased my third bottle today. I really like it because: it is oil-free and does not break me out, it does not have too many ingredients and the first ingredient is ascorbic acid (vitamin c) which tells me it's more potent. It is easy to use and I feel like I'm doing something to help brighten the pigmentation I have from post acne scars, as well as the fact that it is not too expensive (in comparison to other Vitamin C's). Plus of the anti-aging benefits. All in all, I luv it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2014 10:51:00 PM More reviews by UbiquityEssence

Did anyone else's powder start to yellow? It seems like my powder started getting moldy... I kept the jar in it's original packaging in a drawer in my bedroom. Not in my bathroom.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Gailmakeup

I have to say this stuff is really good and I love the fact you can control the strength by how much you use, the only thing that prevents me from re purchasing this is that I am not sure if this is much better than a DIY C serum.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2013 9:40:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

I have to say I loved what this product did for my skin- right until it broke me out. When mixed with my moisturizer (I used Kiehls Ultra Facial Cream) it made my skin positively glowy and radiant- instantly! I thought I had found an HG product for sure. And then 3 or 4 days later I had about ten whiteheads on my cheeks, and I never break out on my cheeks. I discontinued use immediately and my skin cleared up.
I am still new to vitamin C skincare products and am figuring out what my skin likes and doesn't like. I know there are different types of topical vitamin C (MAP, SAP, L-AA) and that these products are very YMMV. I used a MAP-based serum in the past and loved the results. This powder is L-AA. So, obviously, I've decided to steer clear of L-AA products in the future. But just because this product isn't for me doesn't mean that it's bad or that I wouldn't recommend it to others. But I still can't give more than three lippies to a product that broke me out.
Would I buy it again? No.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 9:02:00 AM More reviews by Beautyfoolrise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

BEST TREATMENT PRODUCT I EVER USE!Currently I am using perricone vitamin c ester 15 but the price tag on this vitamin c ester is too much for me to handle..I came upon this products through MUA and it seen that there are quite many good review on this product..I have acne prone and dehydrated skin..I have reddish acne scarring on my cheeks and no matter how much I try to conceal with makeup it always look damn obvious..So i decided to give this a product a try..I am quite worry because it has high concentrated VC and I am afraid that it will give me stinging sensation/redness on skin but i am so happy that it give me nothing but radiance and smoother complexion..i am so amaze because when I finish putting on my foundation,my skin texture look so smooth and i need not apply many layer of foundation just to hide my acne marks..i have only use the product for 3 days and the result is so satisfying...I use my perricone blue plasma first,after 20 min i mix the powder with my apivita hydration serum...best combination ever...i will update again just in case some product is like so good at the beginning but it sucks after few month of usage..i am really counting on this product to solve my scarring problemm..finger cross..

UPDATE 26/10/2013 :I promise that I will do a update after using the vitamin c booster for almost 3 weeks!Firstly I want to say this products is marvelous without makeup my skin looks radiant and with makeup my skin look smooth and flawless!I have red and brown scar from acne,it did not really lighten my red scar tremendously but for the brown ones it disappear after 3 weeks use.I am quite pleased with the result so I hope with long time use it will help to clear up my skin or improve my complexion =)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No