September 30, 2014 | 1842 users online

Treatments (Face) - Philosophy - Turbo Booster C Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Zentec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love vitamin c, and what i love most about this product is that you can control your own dose. I use 2 (started with 1) scoops every morning mixed with my sunscreen and i must say my skin looks amazing. Normally my sunscreen is a bit greasy, but this powder leaves my skin with a matte finish. It stings a little bit, but only since i use twice the recommended amount of product i guess :) I'm already on my third bottle and i think i will keep on using this for the rest of my life!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2014 3:26:00 AM More reviews by teojia

Love this! I've been using this for about a month now, and I think it has made my skin smoother and brighter. I'm a little obsessive about cleanliness, so I still keep the box for the spoon and the bottle, and every morning I put them back into the box when I'm done with it. I use it with any of my serums, aloe vera gel, or any light lotion that I'm using in the morning, and do not experience any burning sensation as other reviewers have. I'm interested in trying out the cheaper alternatives when I'm done with this bottle, but for now I'm very happy with this buy, albeit a little expensive for such a tiny bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by blonderedhead78

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG product!! I use this with HIAJ night cream, only because I notice a faint smell after I use this and would rather not smell it during the day. Its the best, most affordable vitamin c product out there. I have issues with uneven skin tone, but this stuff have evened out and brightened my complexion and improved the texture of my skin. I notice it is also firmer and I haven't had any issues with breakouts (other bit c creams have caused me to breakout badly). Its worth the price and you can control the amount added to your serum or cream of choice.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by MonicaU

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been usin this vitamin c powder for over a year, and I just purchased my third bottle today. I really like it because: it is oil-free and does not break me out, it does not have too many ingredients and the first ingredient is ascorbic acid (vitamin c) which tells me it's more potent. It is easy to use and I feel like I'm doing something to help brighten the pigmentation I have from post acne scars, as well as the fact that it is not too expensive (in comparison to other Vitamin C's). Plus of the anti-aging benefits. All in all, I luv it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2014 10:51:00 PM More reviews by UbiquityEssence

Did anyone else's powder start to yellow? It seems like my powder started getting moldy... I kept the jar in it's original packaging in a drawer in my bedroom. Not in my bathroom.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Gailmakeup

I have to say this stuff is really good and I love the fact you can control the strength by how much you use, the only thing that prevents me from re purchasing this is that I am not sure if this is much better than a DIY C serum.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2013 9:40:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

I have to say I loved what this product did for my skin- right until it broke me out. When mixed with my moisturizer (I used Kiehls Ultra Facial Cream) it made my skin positively glowy and radiant- instantly! I thought I had found an HG product for sure. And then 3 or 4 days later I had about ten whiteheads on my cheeks, and I never break out on my cheeks. I discontinued use immediately and my skin cleared up.
I am still new to vitamin C skincare products and am figuring out what my skin likes and doesn't like. I know there are different types of topical vitamin C (MAP, SAP, L-AA) and that these products are very YMMV. I used a MAP-based serum in the past and loved the results. This powder is L-AA. So, obviously, I've decided to steer clear of L-AA products in the future. But just because this product isn't for me doesn't mean that it's bad or that I wouldn't recommend it to others. But I still can't give more than three lippies to a product that broke me out.
Would I buy it again? No.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 9:02:00 AM More reviews by Beautyfoolrise

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

BEST TREATMENT PRODUCT I EVER USE!Currently I am using perricone vitamin c ester 15 but the price tag on this vitamin c ester is too much for me to handle..I came upon this products through MUA and it seen that there are quite many good review on this product..I have acne prone and dehydrated skin..I have reddish acne scarring on my cheeks and no matter how much I try to conceal with makeup it always look damn obvious..So i decided to give this a product a try..I am quite worry because it has high concentrated VC and I am afraid that it will give me stinging sensation/redness on skin but i am so happy that it give me nothing but radiance and smoother complexion..i am so amaze because when I finish putting on my foundation,my skin texture look so smooth and i need not apply many layer of foundation just to hide my acne marks..i have only use the product for 3 days and the result is so satisfying...I use my perricone blue plasma first,after 20 min i mix the powder with my apivita hydration serum...best combination ever...i will update again just in case some product is like so good at the beginning but it sucks after few month of usage..i am really counting on this product to solve my scarring problemm..finger cross..

UPDATE 26/10/2013 :I promise that I will do a update after using the vitamin c booster for almost 3 weeks!Firstly I want to say this products is marvelous without makeup my skin looks radiant and with makeup my skin look smooth and flawless!I have red and brown scar from acne,it did not really lighten my red scar tremendously but for the brown ones it disappear after 3 weeks use.I am quite pleased with the result so I hope with long time use it will help to clear up my skin or improve my complexion =)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by deZire

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have to agree with you ladies, this stuff is amazing, I don't think you can get a more stable vitamin c. Its fresh every time you use it. I have become a vitamin c junkie since I saw the review on vitamin c on the doctor oz show. Dermatologist on the show said the one thing they recommend besides sunscreen is Vitamin C, 10% - 10%. My two favorites are Philosophy Booster C powder and OST original vitamin c20. I use vitamin c every morning before sun screen, and every night. I combine this booster c with the Whine serum. It can be combined with any moisturizer or serum. Protects against free radical damage, brightens the skin and gives it a glow, and firms the skin. Just recently purchased the philosophy skincare antioxidant powerhouse duo from QVC , which consist of the whine serum and Booster C, for 49.00, cant beat that price. Love this duo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 7:44:00 PM More reviews by esmeralda1977

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG alert!!! This stuff really lets my skin glow like nobody's business. It's easy to use and the effect is overwhelming. I bought this powder because of a youtuber's review who has the most gorgeous skin who recommended to mix it with St. Ives Timeless skin moisturizer. The result is a serum like texture that I apply on my whole face and neck. the moment I put it on my face I feel intense moisture and my skin looks fresh and rosy, it looks so healthy and beautiful but the real miracle for me is that the redness around my nose and blackheads are a lot less obvious (!) and my skin stays like this the whole day. If I wasn't such a makeup junkie I could throw a lot of products away that promise this subtile glow from within but of course I will use them up for facial masks. This is the only product in my huge collection that truly delivers without breaking the bank or using high maintence gadgets/ masks or costly procedures.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No