July 24, 2014 | 2133 users online

Pressed Powders - Elizabeth Arden - Flawless Finish Ultra Smooth Pressed Powder - Light

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by polmaysaund

Very expensive for what it is, I got it for £10 because my workplace gives me a discount on Arden but I wouldn't pay £25 for it. Saying that it's a great powder, doesn't cake easily like so many do, it doesn't add much coverage I find but enough as long as you use a good foundation. I think it's expensive for a powder but it is still the best I've used

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 10:05:00 AM More reviews by blueroses2525

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I picked this up at the Elizabeth Arden outlet store at the Tanger Outlets mall and am very impressed. Beautiful coverage, non-chalky finish, and the 03 "Medium" shade matches my NW20 skin surprisingly well. The Tanger Outlets had it on a BOGO for $20, so I ended up paying $10 each for two!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by moor

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very good quality powder that is always in my bag. I have stopped using pressed powders about ten years ago - because of hygiene, clogging the pores etc - and basically my skin was always too demanding to risk. Recently I discovered great pure finish powder by Arden - and by pure mistake I bought the pressed one once.
Which is absolutely amazing - for emergencies and touch ups.
I have 02 - which is equivalent of 01 loose pure finish powder - and matches great my nc10-20 complexion. Suprisingly nice coverage - especially good at masking redness and - gives me very natural effect.
I haven't noticed any negative impact on clarity of my skin.
What is really cool about it - I can powder my face in less than a minute and it looks the same as after putting primer, foundation, loose powder and fix spray - but always natural and even.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 1:45:00 PM More reviews by Snuggles555

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Received this awesome powder in a swap. Wow! This is some seriously high-quality powder here folks. Got it in translucent & use it to set my foundation. Which stays set all day I might add - without needing touch ups. YAY! The compact itself is gorgeous, the powder is finely milled, not chalky or powdery. Love this!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2011 8:49:00 AM More reviews by banababba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

makes skin look worse (chalky) don't buy

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2010 12:46:00 PM More reviews by paigeallison

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I really love the packaging. It's so classy and looks nice. I get complimented on that a lot. Anyway, I was using Rimmel Stay Matte and was running out, so I saw EA was having a sale and decided I would try out one of their powders as part of their "Buy $25 - get this set for $37" Or something like that.

So the powder was exactly $25. I loved all of the other makeup in the big pink boxed set I got. It's great!

But the powder.... it's very soft and very dry. I have combination skin and I was using it to set my concealer and to just give my face an overall color that would make my skin look even. I have a bit of skin discoloration, redness, and at the time when I bought it I was dealing with some breakouts.

Generally, since I use a lot of moisturizer and primer, I would think this dry powder would set well over it and last all day. And it did not really do that.
It's very fine and barely created a thin layer on my face, when using the puff provided with it.. I was disappointed. It wouldn't cover over my concealer and, in fact, It seemed to accentuate my blemishes. So I decided to use the remains of my Rimmel at the time.

Recently, though, my blemishes have diminished so I thought, "Oh well maybe I'll give it another try!" And I used a brush (smart move on my part!) and it seemed to coat my face more evenly and looked more natural, but my skin still felt so dry and throughout the day, it would start failing me and my skin didn't look as nice.

One thing that really got to me was that after using the brush a couple of times I suddenly hit pan! Even though I just bought it. And I used the Rimmel powder all summer, and I still have some left!

Maybe I am using it wrong or something, but I don't think so.

I'm going to opt for the N.Y.C loose powder now, only $3 and seems to be worth my money!!!

I'll update if I experience any better with this product!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2008 2:46:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

I have to say that this is a good pressed powder! The colour 'Light' is a good match for my NC20-25ish skintone with yellow undertones. I use this alone (on an everyday basis to work) and it is great. If you are expecting alot of coverage then this is NOT going to provide that. I should say that it doesn't have coverage at all since it's a pressed powder and meant to be applied over foundation to set it. But I use it alone beacuse I don't like to apply foundation on a daily basis, and thus, the consequences is that some of my redness shows through and my pimples are not covered. This simply evens out my skintone while making me look fresh and luminous. The texture of this powder is super silky smooth and very finely milled. It's as if you have nothing on!! Superb Product!! The price isn't that bad either but it is on the steep side yet lower than the other high-end products. The compact is a little bulky and wish there was a separate compartment for the sponge but I don't carry this around with me anyway, so it's alright. I use this once in the morning and it lasts me the whole day (no touch-ups needed). Best thing about it is that it does NOT break me out nor does it aggravate my skin (little flesh-coloured bumps). EDIT: Since I reverted back to MAC Studio Fix I haven't use this powder. SF is much better for me because it provides me with the coverage I want to cover up my blemishes/acne. Will not repurchase this when finished.