October 30, 2014 | 1747 users online

Highlighters - Becca - Gold Shimmering Skin Perfector

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2009 11:34:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Well i'll try to rewiew this but I must admit I just tried it on once and was totally disappointed.
I got a sachet sample and I applied a little of this highlighter over my foundation.
What a discoball effect i got !! I looked gross and shiny like I was covered with sweat. Did I apply too much ? probably.
I then tried to lower this shimmery ball effect with tons of powder but was not OK. I looked like a hook*r.
Gross.
Had to wash off everyhting and start all over again.
I need to try mixing the highlighter with foundation, and a tiny drop, I must focus!
I will edit after a few more attempts, but I am not sure this will ever become a HG. At this hefty price, in addition!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2008 2:13:00 PM More reviews by onlypanties

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a HG product (not HG shade though). The bottle has a pump and see through. The color looks is tan with a bit of goldish to it. The bottle retails at $41 ( I was able to buy it at $38 back in the day). Bit pricey but so worth it. This product is very comparable to MAC Strobe Cream but 100x better. I own both and NEVER reach for the Strobe Cream. I think that its much to subtle bordering non existent.
This tends to make me look a bit more bronzy, I don't think this shade suits my NC42 skin much. I have mixed it with my liquid foundation but it was much to gold & bronzy for my taste. Think Goldmember the movie.
What I like to do is apply it to my cheek bones, tip of nose & sometimes a dab on the chin. Then apply my foundation like normal. I like to use a little, around 1 pump, if I use more than that I tend to look greasy and NOT sexy glowy.
I'm glad that more MUA'rs are on board with this gem. I have been using it around 3 yrs and the bottle looks like new.
Would I buy this again? Hell yeah!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2007 12:04:00 PM More reviews by mtalla27

This is one of the best highlighters I've ever used. At first it appeared orangey on my hand, but once it was applied to my face it looked amazing. I already had Opal,which has taken a back seat to Gold. So incredible with a tan, but would not look as natural on someone with a lighter complexion. Fantastic for my light olive skin and has become part of my everyday makeup routine. I typically wear a tinted moisturizer and apply this to my cheeks in an upward motion towards my temples. It provides the perfect summertime glow.

The only drawback to this is the packaging as it was mentioned before dispenses way too much product from the pump. A little goes a long way so there is always some wasted product that gets washed off the back of my hand.

If you have light olive/med to tan skin tone and are looking for something to give you the ultimate glow this is the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2007 10:00:00 PM More reviews by mariat1986

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

great product. quite expensive in australia. i received a bunch of samples from becca a few years back and the tiny gold pot i received from them lasted me forever! so as u can imagine it will just take forever for me to get thru the 50 ml bottle. stays on beautifully, a tiny amount on the cheeks for a bit of highlighting is perfect... too much and u will look really gold. really nice over a deep blush. definitely makes you glow. gel-like and easy to apply with finger tips. love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2006 11:37:00 AM More reviews by fififiona

I love this so so much. I was torn between Opal and Gold because I didn't know which one suited me more. Eventually an MA persuaded me to get Gold because it made me look a little more bronzed. I use it on my cheekbones and browbones and I love the subtle glow it gives me (which lasts all day!). I also like to use it on my eyes and I've used a little on my lips too which looks pretty. I'm not a huge fan of the packaging as the pump forces out way too much product, alot of which goes to waste. But all in all, this is a fantastic highlighter, definitely worth the priciness.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2006 3:11:00 PM More reviews by mineren

I'm a CCC/MAC C6 and have been using this product for 2 weeks or so, mixing it with foundation or wearing alone. I purchased this product specifically for a lift on the days when my skin looks fatique, etc, usu at the end of the week. It does give the skin a nice glow and definitely has to be applied with a very light touch. I found that a light application of powder is necessary or it ends up looking greasy. I could not imagine using 2 pumps as recommended, and I actually try to use 1/2 pump. Also, the nozzle tends to clog, it comes out in a squirt - so I really have to take care when using the pump. Overall, I'm just so-so with it, and altho I'm impressed with the other Becca products, I prob will not re-purchase this one. Update: The pump on the bottle is sucky, it tends to clog a lot, so the product comes out a lot of force, squirting all over the place. I finally had to transfer it to another bottle so that it won't waste.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2005 12:30:00 PM More reviews by Scout12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love these highlighter. I have both the gold and the pearl, and they really give such a nice subtle glow that can be mixed in with any type of foundation. That's usually how I use them, mix the proper amount of pearl and gold and then blend it with my foundation on my hand before applying it to my face. That technique has virtually saved so many wrong buys of foundation that has either been too dry for my skin or wrong colour or just simply wrong. Working with mixing these small miracles you just can't go wrong. Becca has recently extended the amount of colours to this range, and I'm almost afraid to go to their counter, because i know it will be so hard to keep myself from buying more of this stuff. And the thing is these come in 50 ml bottles! So the once I have will probably last me a lifetime...
They are very moisturizing too which is perfect for anyone with drier skin, but they might very well break out someone with oily and sensitive skin.
The gold perfector is a bit orangy golden that revives up a dull skin day. And the pearl variety is a creamy white silvery finish. Together they make an almost perfect beige shimmered colour without the pink that almost all highlighters contain making this mix look soo natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2005 4:55:00 PM More reviews by olygirl04

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

In defense of this product it's a highlighter not an all-over face rub (unless you really want to glow). I really like using this in addition to my tinted moisturizer. The trick for me is to mix a small drop with the foundation first and apply to the protruding parts of the face. The first time I rubbed it all over my face like lotion my skin looked like that gal's in Goldfinger...but now I've learned. It does have a yellow/orange tint but that gets downplayed with a little finishing powder. Just a little around the cheekbones and the eyes and it makes me look awake (not glittery). I should have waited to buy the topaz- better match but the gold is pretty, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2005 6:04:00 PM More reviews by leidon

This is an absolute must have for all MMM to GGG ladies who want that angelic ethereal glow. Definitely HG. I have naturally tan skin, warm with gold undertones which lean more toward orange than yellow (GA LSF 8, loreal W7, Chanel #5, mac c4/6,Becca #5). This doesn't create an offensive disco ball shimmer or teeny bop sparkle, just perfect skin. No foundation really matched my skintone perfectly, but I add 1/2 to any foundation d/s or high end & it makes the shade my perfect match. It gives me that soft candlelit glow. It's like having my own personal travelling lighting system. A very special thanks to STACY at Valley Fair Nordstrom's Becca counter for helping me find this fabulous highlighter. Good luck to all on your HG quest!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2004 12:55:00 AM More reviews by moneybunny

Very pretty gold shimmer, I apply it as a moisturizer under foundation. It gives me a nice "glow", natural, not to shiny. I don't find that it's too pigmented for my skin, but it definitely has a warm tone to it.

This product has a nice light smell (some shimmery products stink!!) and the pump packaging is very convenient.

You may be able to find a product like this for a lot less money, but you get a quite a bit, and I think it will last me forever.

Update: I put this on one day and notice that it smelled "bad". I received it a swap, and it must have been old when I got it.