April 20, 2014 | 1639 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Stila - Hydrating Primer SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by dellajaz24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

[Just adding to the top of my review coz I've seen so many other girls on here comment about the smell; YES this stuff smells horrible, it smells like really strong harsh chemicals unfortunately but don't let that put you off coz everything else about it is great!]

I got this Primer for my dry skin hoping It would help achieve a 'dewy' finish and that's exactly what it does for me! so far so good, I've been using it for about 3 weeks now and it does work to keep makeup looking good and staying in place all day (with the added help of setting spray ha ha) I like the finish of my foundation when using this primer, it looks nice and dewy and fresh and its quite a thick creamy formula so its really hydrating like its meant to be which is also great! One thing I noticed is that It made my Lioele BB cream (already a moisturising product) look really shiny and oily but when used with my Revlon colorstay whipped (matte finish product) it looked really great so I guess you have to be careful not to use too much of a dewy foundation over this primer or it will look oily... so from now on I'll just use it with my more matte foundations and it works well and still looks dewy. I also use Nyx dewy finish setting spray over the top and that's how I achieve my dewy look. Over all this primer is great the packaging is huge so it will last ages, one thing I don't like is the smell of the product is awful, to me it smells really chemical'ish or something? so for that reason I give it four lippies but I don't let the smell bother me coz I'm happy with everything else it does as a primer. Worth trying girls!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by t0wlie

I got this as a sample a while ago and was super excited because I have very dry skin and silicon based primers arent the best for me. First time I used it I didnt like it cause of the smell. I gave it another try recently after trying a zillion different primers and was really impressed, it is very thick texture that really does hydrate your skin and keep your foundation on all day. It leaves me with a very nice hydrated dewy look. If you can get past the smell it is very worth it!

I generally will wash my face, apply a little lotion, then this primer goes on perfectly and wait a bit before i put on my foundation/tinted moisturizer.

Defintely going to rebuy, get it on ebay or amazon for much cheaper though!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 10:47:00 PM More reviews by reesesilverstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

This primer makes my face look so smooth, keeps my foundation from pooling, colloiding, or flaking. It's very comfortable on and doesn't cause me to break out or any of my skin issues to flare up. All in all, I think I've found a winner.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by amazonlily

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't get past the smell of this product. OMG, it's like a big sniff of diesel fuel, and it's right on my face. Gross.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2011 2:55:00 AM More reviews by hello2belle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I use this when I need my makeup to stay on for more than 8 hours. The foundation that I typically use on top of this is Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua. I can see a difference in how long the foundation lasts on my face. Without the primer it can last around 6 hours tops, with the primer it lasts around 12 hours.

I don't like the smell of it, since it reminds of Elmer's glue. However, I do like the overall texture and how well it blends into my skin. It almost feels like a moisturizer. I don't feel oily at all after I apply it. That being said, I don't think I would purchase this again. When I bought it, I got it for around $6 at the Stila website when they were having their clearance sale. It doesn't work that well for me to want to pay the full price of $30 or more.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2011 3:05:00 AM More reviews by Ksarah393

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a great product for dry skin. One of my problems with a lot of face primers is that they feel greasy going on, but this feels just like a heavier moisturizer which is fantastic for my dry skin. It is a little pricey, however I have had the same bottle for about eight months and I use it everyday and I have about half the bottle left....very little goes a long way! Sinks into the skin really well, love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 7:25:00 PM More reviews by beckal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am amazed at some of the negative reviews. To tell you the truth, I originally used it and decided after two usages, didn't think it did anything for my skin.
However, today I decided to give it one more try. This time, I washed my face, didn't put on any moisturizer (which I had done previously) and used my serum instead and then applied the primer, and then foundation. I am using BE Escentials foundation and after putting on a bronzer, couldn't believe the look of my skin. I looked absolutely flawless...went shopping in the cold air...came home and looked in my magnifying mirror and my skin looked just as it had early in the morning. This primer doesn't need any moisturizer, and that what had originally put me off. I now love it and would recommend it to anyone. It went on so smoothly and did the job I had expected from a much more expensive primer which no longer is in existence.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2011 9:00:00 AM More reviews by RaeRae2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I only have experience with heavy silicone based primers that feel oily and slick on your skin. This hydrating primer is more like a moisturizer. It soaks in and feels weightless. I have extremely dry skin that needs tons of moisture throughout the day to keep from flaking, but after switching to Laura Mercier creme' smooth foundation, that's not an issue anymore. But I still wanted to use a primer to make the foundation look smoother. This one seems to work nicely for me. I found out that the L'Oreal Perfecting Base primer was a total disaster with the LM foundation. The two together turned into an oily grease slick that slid off my face after an hour or two. This Stila primer is perfect to use with this foundation. It might not work for everybody but it works for me and I will definitely purchase again!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2011 8:43:00 PM More reviews by mladkins

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I picked this up at the Stila warehouse sale thinking I would hate it. Boy was I wrong! It's super hydrating for dry winter skin, not greasy and doesn't break me out. I use it mostly on my forehead, chin and nose-to-mouth lines. Keeps these temperamental areas hydrated and looking great throughout the workday!! I would buy again as long as I can find it on sale.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2010 11:27:00 AM More reviews by etherpixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really don't have anything good to say about it. It does not make foundation go smoother or last longer, it's simply unnecessary because it does nothing for me.