Urban Decay 24/7 Concealer in CIA

3.8

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/8/2015 3:51:00 PM

My initial impression of this product was quite good. Now that I have used it several times, I have completely changed my mind. Here is a breakdown:

Pros:
1. CIA is a good color match for my light/pale yellowish undertone skin
2. Creamy texture (to begin with) so it's not hard to blend
3. Easy on the go packaging

Cons:
1. Wear time is plain awful for a HE product. Not even an hour after putting it on it seemed like it was completely gone
2. It settles into fine lines - majorly - even after being set with a HE powder
4. Sharpening - how are you event supposed to do this when it has a really hard plastic tip?

It's really a shame that I threw the packaging away because I would totally take it back. This might just go into my purse back up make up bag for emergencies but that's about the only time I am going to use it.

I totally agree with PrettyInPlaidChic's update - this is overhyped...and at point of this posting the price is now $20.

Pros:
--a truly light color for us ultra fair gals (i.e., those for whom most companies' lightest shade is Too Dark).

--good coverage: opaque with little effort, and initially blends in well

--I love creamy concealers in stick form (I am always searching for a replacement for Prescriptives 'Redness Corrector,' which was my HG concealer before its discontinuation).

Cons:

--stays creamy for...two seconds. Almost immediately settles into fine lines. Cake-y is the perfect description, because even when not under the eyes, it has a visual heaviness that I think it's fair to say, none of us want. Spackle? That's another word.

--un-sharpen-able. Casing on pencil is beyond plastic, it's hard. Get out your pocket knife.

Conclusion: I was willing to whittle for a viable replacement to Prescriptives Redness Corrector, but as it's not in the same league - even for a 'meh' formula - the packaging is an epic fail.

I gave it two lippies because it does, in fact, conceal. :/

on 9/24/2013 10:43:00 PM

This is a nice pale concealer pencil. I love the idea of it being in a chunky pencil that I can pop in my purse instead of a pallette. It's a nice creamy consistency and you won't have to use much if using a concealer brush to apply it. As other's have said, it's too thick for under the eye, but I find many concealers too heavy for undereye use and thus don't use them for dark circles. Covers up breakouts quite well without causing more irritation. One stick is lasting me forever and I will proably end up buying it again.

The shade- CIA is a pale AND I MEAN PALE concealer which is honestly the only concealer perfectly matching for me. I can easily say it goes with pinkish/yellowish undertones.

Texture- It's very creamy with almost a satiny kind of feel.

Smell- I didnt smell anything really. (YAY??!?!)

Pigmentation- This product is quite pigmented a little goes a long way too:)

Price- Obviously $18 dollars is a bit to spend but for a high end brand this is actually quite affordable!:)

How it feels??- This feels kind of velevety on my skin, i cant really explain since my skin is really dry right now.. (I have been using epiduo and aczone gel both) so i will be saving this for when my skin becomes a little more normal again.

Final verdict- I love this product, and cant wait to use it when my skin is more normalized out again. I just wish you didnt have to buy a special pencil sharpener:))

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this from an Urban Decay counter in a department store. I was desperate for a pale concealer and I had my Dad tailing me in the store becoming more and more horrified at the prices of make up. So I saw this, and thought it will do, it's one of the palest concealer I have used. When I tested it, the pencil had been sitting under the warm lights of the display, so it was very creamy, did not tug at the skin and blended beautifully.......when I used it the following morning, I realised the texture is very different, I find this concealer a better consistency warmed up. Using it under the eyes, it is too much. However using it with a concealer brush using less product than directly from the pencil, I found it much easier to blend with no cakeyness. It provides high coverage, covering ridiculously red breakouts (hormonal) and lasting throughout the day.
It's a chunky little pencil and it seems to be lasting me ages, I would buy this product again despite the different texture to what I initially thought it was, just try it with a concealer brush if it looks too thick xx

on 4/13/2013 10:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I decided to try out this concealer when I saw it on the Urban Decay website on sale for half the price! I am glad I did! The consistency is very nice, and easy to blend. The color matches me perfectly. Best concealer I have tried! This is great for concealing anything: dark circles, redness, blemishes, etc. I've been using this for a year and have repurchased it already and plan to again once I run out! This lasts a long time too which is a plus. Love it!!

on 3/7/2013 1:34:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I love this concealer! This colour is a perfect match to my skin tone. I use this concealer for both dark spots as well as over correctors (mainly corrector for my undereye circles but also green corrector when I break out). It covers both well, but it doesn't cover acne spots as well as others I've used. I love how easy it blends into my skin, and I don't find it cakey at all.

Just be careful if you put the cap on the back of the pencil. I did this and when I took the cap off the back the plug in the back came off as well, and it wouldn't go back in. I had to depot it which was also pretty easy but kind of annoying, I wouldn't have expected the pencil to break that easily. Overall this is a great concealer!

on 2/17/2013 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I think this product is great for spots. It covers and stays. I apply it with a brush over foundation and set it with powder. If I had more spots (hope I never do *knocks on wood*) I might re-buy, but it's just horrible under the eyes - cakey and settles into fine lines. Between that and the inconvenient packaging I give it an average rating. I would still recommend it for fair girls who get more than the occasional spot.

FYI - you don't have to buy UD's sharpener, I bought Sephora's $4 professional dual sharpener with and it works perfectly.

on 1/15/2013 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

As a lady with very pale skin I find it quite hard to find a concealer that is fair enough and that doesn't read strangely. CIA matches me quite well, I'm around a N/NW10.
I use the pencil to spot conceal when I have breakouts, hyper-pigmentation after a breakout and broken capillaries. If I'm in a rush under my eyes, however I find the texture a little too thick and dry to use there most of the time.
I cannot speak to the lasting power on its own, I always use a powder on top. However my blemishes stay concealed for approx 12hrs with the product. On my broken capillaries around my nose it wears off more quickly, my oils break down everything that goes there. I would love to give it more stars, but I wish the texture was thinner, the staying power was better on oil, and the pencil didn't need to be sharpened.
I should also mention I have the older packaging, which may have another formula than the one available now.

on 11/10/2012 6:03:00 PM

I bought this product for under-eye coverage. It went on fairly easily, didn't tug my under-eyes, and covered quite well at first. However, it faded in just a couple hours. It caked up a lot, even worse when I tried to set it with a little powder. I think it works a lot better if used as a brightener. If you're looking for under-eye coverage, look elsewhere.

Top Rated Urban Decay Products