September 30, 2014 | 1781 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - XXL Extensions [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by glamycakes2014

really loving this mascara right now. i love the fact that it comes with a primer. it holds curl all day and stays on all day. its just perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by ginajewell

Recommend this for beginners wanting a primer/mascara duo. I love this because it lengthens great and volumizes almost as good. The primer actually does its job rather than just lighten lashes. Pricing is good- bought for less than 7 dollars at target

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 1:41:00 AM More reviews by MakeupLover411

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love it!! Once again this mascara also has two sides like the XXL Pro Volume Waterproof Mascara by Maybelline but this product really helps give your lashes that extra length =) it has a slight smell to it, but all mascaras do! I would definately reccomend to try it out =)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by FeenFeenFeen

I LOVE this product!!!!!

I have been using this mascara for a few years now and It's always my go to mascara! I cant get enough of it. I have tried Maybelline falsies and I sometimes use this over it just because I can :). I've tried many mascaras now and do own several which are ok but i tend to use this first or over the top because its so amazing.

* the packaging is awesome, its a dual end mascara with a white primer and black mascara for the second step. It separate your lashes well and I always use it to sort my lashes out so I dont waste all my black on getting them right :).

* The wands are typical mascara wands, nothing special but I find they separate lashes really well.

* i put on several coats until im happy and its doesnt clump together fast or dry to quickly either. Its definitely build able depending on how you like it. Its also good if you want to use another mascara with it too, like I do, whether its first or the seconds one, its just as good :)

* I have long eyelashes but WOW! this product really gets them to their max! It makes them super super long and have a nice subtle curl to them.

* It holds its look ALL day and even til the next day! depending on whether you sleep rubbing your face all over your pillow or not haha.

* It comes off really easily, I mean mascara is never the best to get off anyway but its not difficult thats for sure

* Its standard price here in New Zealand, at Farmers itll always be more expensive by far, but The Warehouse or the supermarket is the way to go and its about $20 which is normal store bought price. I get mine online for about $12 which is way better, or at makeup sales.

The only thing that could be better is put more product in the barrel ends, theres not that much, but i suppose its got two separate sections. Ive bought this many times and I will until something better comes out but itll have to be really good as this is hard to beat

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Alisaaaish

I have no idea when I purchased this product, I found it in the back of my makeup drawer and wondered if it still works after all this time.
    The primer is REALLY effective for length like it says, it makes a noticeable difference but not quite false lash worthy. The other side is alright, seems to be a normal mascara nothing special but I love the size of the wand and it's so easy to use on my bottom lashes. I LOVE this mascara, my only complaint is I wish the sides were a bit longer, it's kind of hard to use because it's so close to the base.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by EmiliaRachel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My favorite mascara ever... In Waterproof. I've used designer macaras and none have compared. Let the primer sit for a minute before applying the black coat. This product is non clunky so you apply more coats based on how bold of a look you'd like. I love the wand bc it's shorter and sturdier than others giving you more control and less black marks around your eyes that occur when using other brands. This product stays all day, eye lashes curled and everything! I've been asked at least by ten different women if I'm wearing fake eyelashes or what kind of mascara i use. My friends that have started using this brand are also hooked!

My biggest recommendation would be to choose the waterproof version. (black blue and yellow) for some reason the primer on that one works better than the non-water proof. And to let the primer set before applying the black!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2012 1:40:00 PM More reviews by julienowen

I originally bought this product due to high reviews and 'cause I really wanted a mascara primer. I have very short, thin lashes and heard good things about this product. But after trying it for a few days, I saw that it doesn't do anything for my lashes! The curl doesn't hold all day, and the length is pretty average.I definitely like the Maybelline The Colossal Volume Express better! And it's cheaper too! Much better formula and brush.

If you have short and thin lashes like me, I definitely don't recommend this. I will not be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I used to use this mascara a long time ago. I have to start off by saying I do not like Maybelline mascaras, they are usually cheap quality. This was the ONLY exception, & the only one I liked from Maybelline. This is another version of L'oreal's Double Extend mascara. L'oreal's works better, but this one is a cheaper alternative. This mascara actually gave length & volume, but this mascara flaked a lot, which was the downfall. Maybelline mascaras are notorious for flaking, this one was no different in that aspect. The last time I used this I was probably 13/14 yrs old, so my expectations & quality have changed a lot since then. I won't ever buy this mascara again since I've found much better ones, but I would reccommend you buy this mascara if you're going to buy any mascara from Maybelline. This is the best quality mascara Maybelline makes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by rawortley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE THIS MASCARA...DEF MY HG! Iusually read reviews and when people say Ialways come back to this, I don't getit,because Ilike to switch things around, but I have to say I def do always come back this. I love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2012 6:48:00 PM More reviews by ElectricBluee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Decent mascara but i am still on the hunt for my HG. The packaging is very sleek and classy, with two compartments, one for the primer and one for the mascara. The primer builds up my lashes really well but i think the shape of the brush causes most of the primer to cling to the middle of my lashes instead of the outer part which is what i want. The mascara goes over the primer and lengthens well. It makes my lashes look fanned out but it tends to clump my lashes together sometimes so it lookes like i have four, very long and very thick eyelashes lol. The mascara also doesnt cover the primer well and when i try to maneuver the brush to cover it, it ends up clumping my lashes even more. Overall, cheap, decent mascara that lengthens and volumizes pretty well but clumps. Will not be buying again bc i intend to explore other brands.