Anastasia Of Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel

3.9

INGREDIENTS: Water, PVP/VA Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Matricaria Extract (Chamomilla Recutita), Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben

on 4/5/2015 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm disappointed with this product. I bought it in granite, which is a grey-based medium brown. The color is a good match, since I have light brown hair and rather dark brown brows. I think the shade is especially good if you don't want a brow gel with red undertones.

The brow gel makes my brows stay put all day, but it makes them very crunchy and stiff looking as many reviewers said. The brush is too big so some of the gel goes past the brows and it needs to be wiped out. Also the brush gives too much gel in one swipe. The worst part is that after a while my brows start to itch and the feeling doesn't go away unless I wash the gel off. I noticed that the ingredients differ a bit in different shades, so I recommend to check the ingredient list on the box before buying.

For the price and hype, I expected much more. In my opinion, there are better products for much less.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought the tinted brow gel in Brunette. It has a warm, reddish tone to it. I use it on days when I'm in a rush and I want my eyebrows, which are blonde-ish, to match my hair. It colours the hair well and sets but I do find it a little crunchy in texture. The brush is big and dispenses too much product unless you scrape off a lot of the excess. I've had my tube for 11 months and I haven't finished but when I do I will try different products instead of repurchasing.

Pros: tints eyebrow hair, stays all day, usually quick/easy to apply
Cons: crunchy texture, too big brush

on 1/28/2015 4:19:00 PM

I bought this to tame my eye brows between getting them threaded. I'm actually pretty lucky my eye brows don't grow in very quickly so just a little of this goes a long way. I'm not sure it does all that much but I do like it and it does help control the hairs that don't want to go with the rest.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

A lot of people love this brow gel and I personally find it overrated. It doesn't really do anything for me besides wipe away product and leave my brows crunchy. I probably won't buy it again.

on 11/26/2014 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I am in love with this brow gel. It stays put and doesn't get all over!

I got it in clear, and I use it with my Anastasia Brow Wiz in Caramel.

My favorite part about this product is that the tube cleans all the excess product off the brush, so my eyebrows don't get covered in gunk!

on 10/8/2014 11:32:00 PM

I tried this on a whim at Sephora and my life is forever changed. The product, although on a big brush, goes on lightly and brushes through easily. I love how it holds my eyebrows in place! However it is not heavy. I used to use eyebrow pencil, but it was waxy and clumpy. This makes my eyebrows look thicker without feeling thick. It looks very natural, but if you wanted a more dramatic look, a second layer would work. It gives a great "90's guess-model brow" look :) I love the elegance of how this feels to apply and wear. Also, I like the color of this because it is a medium light slightly shimmery brown that has no warm tones.

on 9/7/2014 8:27:00 PM

I love this product. You only need to brush on a little and it helps make your brow look nicely groomed. Also, with the tinted gel, you'll only need a little brow powder or brow pencil to make your brow stand out.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

For $29, I was really let down by this product. I use a very tiny amount gel in my brows since I don't like them to be stiff and I ran out of this product in just over 2 months which is ridiculous. That's ~$15 a month for brow gel. Not happening. The tube was also incredibly messy because I don't think the opening is small enough to stop gel from spilling out. Whenever I take out the wand, product gathers around the top of the brush and just spills out making a huge mess and wasting at least 2/3 of the product in the tube. I got the gel in the shade Blonde which was perfect for my brows and it did do an excellent job in keeping them in place, but the packaging ruins the product in my opinion because it wastes so much of it. If they come out with better packaging in the future, I would consider repurchasing despite $29 being steep for a brow gel but for now I'll definitely be looking elsewhere for my brow related needs.

on 8/25/2014 5:04:00 PM

What I love about this is it darkens your eyebrows but it also keeps them in place so they hold their shape, it's perfect! Haven't found anything better for brows out there!

on 8/20/2014 2:55:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I received this in a deluxe sample from the sephora favorites box last year. I am so incredibly impressed by it. I don't have issues with the size of the brush, its an ok size. Once applied, it dries down fairly quickly and gives your eyebrows a very stiff feel. I've found with even the worst eyebrow products I've used that don't stay put, this will make them last all down. It just sets everything in your brow area.

My one complaint is that when used as a topper over powder products, it tends to drag the powder off.

Popular Brows Products