April 24, 2014 | 1804 users online

Cleansers - Sodium Sulfacetamide 10% and Sulfur 5% Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by cstrutt

MIRACLE FACE WASH! I have never had serious acne. In high school i had flawless skin, now i'm 20 and have started breaking out around my mouth and forehead. I went to a dermatologist and was diagnosed with rosacea (which i already assumed I had) and he prescribed me this Sodium Sulfacetamide 10% Sulfur 5% cleanser and an antibiotic. I tried the antibiotic for 2 days and hated how it made my stomach feel plus I don't like the idea of taking antibiotics long term for acne when there are so many other approaches. Instead I decided I'd strictly use the face wash twice a day and it made a noticeable difference. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS FOR ANYONE WITH ROSACEA OR SENSITIVE SKIN. I barley get any redness after I was my face and if any pimples come up they are usually gone within a day or so.

My only side note is that it does tend to make my skin a little dry in my T-zone area but my moisturizer evens that out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 8:45:00 AM More reviews by a1issa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am SO happy I found this product. 8 months before my wedding, I went to the doc and told my story of years of acne misery. As a teenager I had a regular visit schedule with a dermatologist, and everything I used resulted in horrible, peeling red skin. I've always been too sensitive for most acne products.

So, feeling desperate, and worried that I might be married with my terrible acne covered face, I talked to my internist and she spent a while scrolling through long lists of acne medications asking me
What I'd tried before. There wasn't much I hadn't, and this was one if those products.

So I dutifully filled the prescription and went home to try it. Lo and behold, in only a few days my skin looked AMAZING. I seriously couldn't believe it. Was the secret to great skin really just this simple, cheap face wash? Crazy.

Using the wash regularly, I have actually managed to have periods where I have NO acne whatsoever. This wash won't undo the years of scarring, but to be able to have clear skin is such a joy, especially after all these years.

Why didn't my dermatologist try this years ago? I'll never know. But hopefully gals and guys who are having terrible acne issues and can't seem to tolerate the harshness of most medications will come across this product and request it from their docs.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Eagleeye123

Sodium Sulfacetamide 10% sulfur wash is excellent. I also use with my OTC Sulfur Soap that my dermatologists recommended for only 49 online Joesoef Skin Care Sulfur Soap 10%. This sulfur soap is pharmaceutical grade OTC FDA approved for Acne, Tinea Versicolor, All Dermatitis as well. For best results be sure to use Warm water and work the sulfur soap into a Rich lather allow 60 seconds before rinse. This allows the Sulfur to penetrate deep into the pores killing all bacteria and fungus on contact, reduce the redness, reduce the inflammation and release any trapped sebum. At the same time the (.25%) salicylic acid gently removes dead skin cells yielding a healthy complexion in days. Joesoef's Sulfur Soap is the only Pharmaceutical Sulfur Soap that is pH balanced for optimal delivery to skin. Dermatologists have dispensed this OTC medicated soap for over 40 years. Available online $9 or ask you Dermatologist for Joesoef's Sulfur Soap.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by gcap4197

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been suffering with Acne for years, I have spent a fortune on doctor visits and products that just did not work on my Adult Acne. I started with this Natural Sulfur Soap Product called Dr Joesoef's Sulfur Soap 10%, What a find!, after using this soap for 3 Days I saw a dramatic difference in my Skin and Acne and I feel so clean after use. I use it 2 times a day and always keep a bar in the shower too because it makes me feel clean after my workouts. The large size of this soap makes its last a long time and it has a nice scent. My Dermatologist recently started carrying it suggested I give it a try. Finally the dermatologist delivered amazing results at an affordable cost.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2011 10:56:00 AM More reviews by rebekah202003

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this stuff! I have been out for 2 months and my face is breaking out like crazy. I have used it for approximately 6 years or more. You have to have a prescription and the Wal-Mart pharmacy I was using can not get it from their supplier anymore? Which sucks because without insurance it was thirty something. So worth the price though. Trying to see if I can get it from Walgreens now, fingers crossed! Definitely recommend it if you can find a pharmacy to get it. The sulfur keeps bacteria from growing which helps stop acne. Does dry your face out, which is good for my very oily face. Lotion always worked to help with the small spots, and a once a week scrub helped too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2011 12:04:00 PM More reviews by TregnierX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have cystic acne, and this product is a miracle for me! I use this and Spironolactone 50mg/d, and my face is totally clear. If you have cystic acne, I strongly suggest both this wash and spironolactone. Spironolactone decreases the activity of dihydrotestosterone, which is responsible for acne, unwanted hair growth (ie facial hair), etc. I've had acne ever since my late teens, and honestly, this is the only thing that works for me, and I have tried everything except accutane.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 2:02:00 AM More reviews by shovelbum89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this cleanser. It does contain a masking fragrance but it doesn't irritate my skin or cause my rosacea to flare. I use it at night in conjunction with a sodium sulfacetamide/sulfur lotion and while I think the lotion makes a bigger difference in the appearance of my skin, the wash is $5 (cheaper than anything I was buying at CVS) and works well.
This combination is, however, extremely drying. I guess the dryness could be considered collateral damage, considering how clear my skin has become.
The smell of this stuff is pretty offensive but considering it's the only thing that's worked for my rosacea, I really can't complain.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Ceci2468

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I highly recommend this for seborrheic dermatitis and acne (esp cystic acne). I used to use this (when I had insurance) and it was very effective. You only need a very small amount and leave on skin at least 20 seconds. I don't wear makeup but if I did, I'd remove makeup first and then use this. I had a huge bottle (about 32 ounces) and it lasted me over 2 years, using it everyday (sometimes twice a day). Kept my SD and acne issues away. Expensive without insurance but if you have insurance, it's definitely worth a try.

Now, I make my own sulfur products (see my notepad), including my own sulfur shampoo which is working great. I will post my recipe soon. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by Catzel

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My derm prescribed this for a flare of my seborrheic dermatitis and my rosacea. He told me my seb derm would be gone by the next day. It was.

Only a very small amount of this cleanser is needed, about 1/4 to 1/2 the size of a dime. Wet your hands and face, place a small amount of the cleanser in your hands, spread over your hands then spread gently over your face. You do not need to rub it into your skin. Count to ten and rinse. My skin stays clear and the redness from rosacea is considerably diminished.

The only downside of this product is that it has the classic sulfur smell, and if it gets on clothes it can linger until the clothes are washed.

The generic is called Sodium Sulfacetamide 10% with Sulfur 5% Cleanser and is the same as Rosanil.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2009 9:29:00 AM More reviews by Saramela

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

My bottle is labeled Prascion, my dermatologist calls it Plexion, but I don't care what you call it...it works! I have adult acne (painful, red, swollen, cystic bumps on my cheeks) and have used this cleanser every morning for the last three years and it (along with Retin-A) is responsible for finally getting my skin under control. Before I used this, I tried birth control pills, antibiotics (a variety of pills and topical), and Retin-A by itself, and I still experienced an occasional breakout that made me not want to leave the house. At first I wasn't the biggest fan of this stuff, it's not a feel-good, smell-good, look-good product like you'd get from the spa, but the results are worth it! I would not rely on this to be a makeup remover (I prefer Purpose for that purpose LOL), instead I use it once every morning on an otherwise already clean face since I remove my makeup every night before using Retin-A. I had to stop using it when I was pregnant and breastfeeding, and for a while I continued to have clear skin. Unfortunately the acne returned and my doctor prescribed this once again. The directions instruct you to scrub it in for at least 10-20 seconds so I wet my face and massage it in while counting to 20 then rinse. This is totally HG and I will use it every morning for the rest of my lilfe!