December 17, 2014 | 1716 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - A Kiss Of Shimmer

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by shinejunkiemonkee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Finding myself out and without any lip products, I snapped up a tube of this thinking it'd give me a hint of tint and healthy shine. Nope. It makes my lips white and frosty. I'm stuck with it now, so I plan to try it as a highlighter.

Nice enough packaging and reasonably priced. I just wish it weren't so darn shimmery.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2014 5:37:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

Felt nice at first but dried my lips out. Also has a frosty lipstick-y look to it that I didn't care for. I'm not a lipstick person, but I'm a fan of a lot of "almost-lipstick" type products. I like a smidge of moisturizing color on my lips. But the color and finish were a tiny bit too obvious for my liking.
It's an okay product with nice packaging but I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2014 1:07:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

I'm at odds with A Kiss of Shimmer. I like the lip product itself because it is smooth & has moisturizing shea butter & jojoba oil; my issue is with the pearly shimmer. The frosty pink looks strange on my dark (NC45) skin. It both looks too pink & too white at the same time. I know… I'm complaining about the shimmer in a product called 'A Kiss of Shimmer'. I was literally taking it to be that—just a kiss of shimmer, not a glitzy mess on my mouth. It makes me look like I kissed Ke$ha. It'll probably look more natural & not as creepy on somebody else, but I definitely have buyer's regret! All the unnatural pink & glitter just settles into my lips & makes me look like a wannabe Christie (the black Barbie). I'm typically a fan of Nivea & I trust the brand & this is the first & only product of theirs that I dislike. If they'd ease up on the amount of shimmer, I'd reconsider.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Lol98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love ittttt!!!! (But not for shaped lips)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2014 7:20:00 AM More reviews by Cherrybello

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

Now… I have recently become a fan of some of the best Nivea lip products, but this one is not quite there for me. On the package it says that it contains pearls and silky extracts to give your lips a pearly shimmer while providing a pearly shine. Well… I gave it so much chance that I actually went through half of it… but it didn’t quite work in the moisturising department, and the white pearly shine on my lips contrasting my Asian skin it made me look like I needed to be hospitalised, pronto… and pairing it with lipstick… any lipstick… just made my lips peel like there is no tomorrow… so… unfortunately this one I is quite disappointing for me, and it has been sitting in my neglected pile ever since…

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Bonitabomb

This is my go to lip balm/lipgloss/lipstick you name it! I've bought so many lipsticks and lip balms for color and this is hands down the best color!!! It gives such a nice glows pink shimmer and really makes ur lips and features stand out! I find myself always going back to this instead of wearing other expensive lipstick lip balms. Only thing I don't like about this is that it dries up quickly so I always have to constantly reapply but other than that I love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 2:43:00 PM More reviews by SoundlySensibleBeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE THIS SOOOOO MUCH!!! Talk about HG material. I am pale and range seasonally from nc15-nc30. Whether I am pale or "tan" this works fab. I get compliments everytime I wear it. I have spent hundreds looking for the right baby pink/nude lip stick and I found it with Nivea? thats bat sh*t crazy. I do have to reapply but I do with everything. I have a condition where I can only breathe through my mouth 85% of the time so can anyone say dry lips? This works wonders. Wouldnt live without it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by blueberryfrost

I think this has been reformulated. I used to have it and remember it being way too frosty and too slick, and not moisturizing. It smelled gross too, and i tossed it.

Now the packaging is a little different and the balm itself is also different.

Now, it's a bit thicker and more moisturizing. It coats my lips and stays longer. The color is not as frosty as it was...it's more of a pale shimmery baby pink than white 1960s go-go dancer frost. It isn't unflattering like my old one.

The scent is better now, too. It's a soft berry kind of scent, and I think my old one smelled like soap, ugh.

This makes a good base for lipstick and glosses.

Overall, this is an improvement compared to my old kiss of shimmer balm. Not my favorite, as I prefer my Baby Lips or Lip Smackers, but this works if you're in the mood for a shimmery baby pink lip balm.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by RomaSae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to like this. Cute packaging, cute idea, respected brand, I love shimmer...

Unfortunately, this does nothing for me. If anything, it makes my lips feel *more* dry and uncomfortable. I apply it and I feel like there's a layer of greasy stuff on my lips. No matter how long I leave it on, or how much I reapply, it just never moisturizes. Then my lips start chapping, and the shimmer catches on dry skin patches, and it just looks horrible.

Not to mention, if I put any more than one sheer swipe on my lips, it completely washes me out. No pretty pink shimmer here...more like a "there's no blood in my face but hey at least my lips look like snow" kind of situation.

Will not repurchase...can't even make myself use it. I'll give it to my sister or something.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 5:16:00 AM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

I got this on a whim at CVS and should have grabbed A Kiss of Moisture instead. It doesn't moisturize my lips. It just sort of puts a layer of shimmer on my lips and before I know it, they feel dry again. The smell is only okay. I use this under my MAC matte lipsticks to keep those from looking so dry. But as a treatment? Not so much. Plus, if you're not careful, the product rolls down in the tube if you press it on your lips just a little too hard. Umm. No. But I'm a fan of A Kiss of Moisture! Very nice!