July 24, 2014 | 1587 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Chagrin Valley - Soap Co. Whipped Shea Butter in Lemon Almond

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2011 1:31:00 AM More reviews by sopranowriter

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used this product on my little daughter's eczema patches last night, and tonight after her shower, and I have already noticed a marked improvement. The patches aren't gone, but she says they aren't as itchy, and they definetly are smoother. I also tried it on my winter-dry skin, and the same thing has happened-it's not gone altogether, but it's definetly improved-and I've only used this cream for two days! I'm expecting that things will only get better from here. We both love the almond lemon scent-my daughter says it makes her smell "like cookies", but it doesn't last terribly long, so don't worry about smelling like cookie dough all day-you won't! The whipped texture of this cream is pleasant, but somewhat misleading-don't use too much! It's thicker and heavier than you think. Chagrin Valley sent a little plastic paddle along to scoop the cream out with, and if you scoop out just a little bit, then warm it between your fingers and rub it on, you'll find you don't need much. It sinks in fairly quickly if you don't get carried away and put on too much. Chagrin Valley offers trial sizes and different scents for their whipped shea butter creams-or you can get it unscented too. I bought a large 4 oz. jar, and at 15.00, in my opinion it is very affordable, as are all their products. This jar will probably last quite a while. Definetly give this one a try-I'm glad I did!
UPDATE: A few days later, the rough patches on my knees are almost all gone, and my daughter's eczema has immensely improved. Great, great product, and one to buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2010 9:18:00 PM More reviews by katwalker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wonderful texture, very moisturizing, melts into skin, etc. For me, it's just the perfect moisturizer. I don't have the best sense of smell, but I can smell the lemon and find the scent pleasant.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2009 8:22:00 PM More reviews by vintagequeengf1

I really enjoyed this product. The ingredient list is impressive, and it is great for my super dry skin. I use it at night so that everything has time to seep in.

I smell the lemon, but only vaguely. I don't really know what it smells like, but it definitely does not smell very good. This is forgivable because it is so moisturizing, especially at night.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2008 10:23:00 PM More reviews by graciebaby28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is such a wonderful body butter. I actually bought it solely for my hands but have heard others using it on the end of their hair etc. I love it for my cuticles though ♥

From site ♥
Ultimate all natural moisturizing treat for your skin, this light and fluffy Whipped Shea Body Butter is made using the highest quality, naturally extracted, unrefined organic shea butter available to provide you with the ultimate in skin conditioning. Our Shea Butter Mousse begins with 90% of the finest unrefined organic African Shea butter. Then we add calendula infused grapeseed and macadamia nut oils, jojoba oil, mowrah butter, wheat germ butter, wheat germ oil, and vitamin E. It is then whipped for hours into a luxurious cream with a light, silky smooth texture that then melts into your skin.

From me ♥
I have used alot of Whipped Shea Butters and they usually leave a very greasy mess behind, and I vow not to use them anymore. I don't know how this does not do that, but I am thoroughly impressed. I apply this to my hands each night and around my cuticles. It is greasy BUT only for a few minutes and then it melts into my skin.This I am convinced, is when the magic is happening. A few minutes later it all sinks in and my cuticles look amazing!

It is the oddest thing because like I said I have used alot of other products like this but none have done what this does. The other products would typically sit on top of the skin forever it seemed, not this though. I love it:) After it sinks in my skin just looks so healthy and hydrated, and my hands feel so incredibly soft. It's as if my skin is healing itself in front of my eyes. I am convinced it is the high grade of shea butter that is used. I know now that quality ingredients really do make a difference.

I do warn.. it smells horrible LOL Ok not horrible, but not Lemony either LOL It says Lemon Almond scented but the raw shea butter scent comes through loud and clear, and the scenting gets lost. But with the magic this performs, the scent is a non issue with me. I bought the trial size and will be back for a larger size when I am finished with this. The scent dissipates within a few minutes also, so no worries about that:)

If you aren't familiar with Chagrin Valley, come on over to the B&B board and we will hook you up with the link or just search for CV on the board:)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No