October 25, 2014 | 1427 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - CVS - Oil-Free Eye Make-Up Remover Pads - Almay Knock-Off

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2013 8:53:00 PM More reviews by BlueGeek

I've used the Almay version for years without any problems. I decided to try the CVS version. It didn't remove my make-up, and the next day the skin on my eyelids was red and the surface layer was peeling off in big flakes. That was 5 days ago, and they still haven't fully healed. I have sensitive skin, but I've never had a reaction like this before. Ouch!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2011 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Jbluver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Overall Rating: 4
Price: 2 (1 = dirt cheap, 5 = expensive)
Pkg quality: 4
Repurchase: CHECK YES!
I am shocked to see these awful reviews! These are great! I took them with me to spain and on other domestic and international trips and they are SO handy for travel! They are a bit more expensive than if you buy the liquid, but that's to be expected for pads vs. liquid. The only thing that is annoying, is that you buy the cute little container and a brand new one isn't even filled to the top! IT's like yes there are 80 or however many in there, but dont' give me a larger container if your not gonna fill it! A tip - since these take a little more work to get off the makeup, gently press it against your eye for a minute or so before gently rubbing it to get it off. If I do simple eye makeup I use one for both eyes - each get a side. And I do it like the method above and get it all off. You may have to work on the lashes a bit to get it all off, I hardly wear much mascara but have to work it of sometimes. But for the price, I think it's great and well worth it! Have reccomended it to others and repurchased!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by YourEponine

My eyes have NEVER hurt as much as they did when using this product. I do not have sensitive eyes, and have always been able to use products that my sister would react to. Yet these pads were horrible. It would start to take my makeup off, but as soon as my eyes started to sting, they would water like crazy, and my makeup would end halfway down my face.

Never ever buying these again. They were so bad that I went back to CVS and got my money back.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2009 1:46:00 PM More reviews by JSH812

I always used the Almay pads too, but saw this was a BOGO at CVS, so I tried it. I do like how they work, but they do sting my eyes. Not enough for me to never buy them again, but I make sure to have the water running and my face wash nearby so I can immediately wash my face. They do the job - and I'll always buy CVS brand from now on.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2009 9:29:00 PM More reviews by iseejuniperblue

Terrible...this stings my eyes really badly, and it leaves them hurting and sore for at least an hour after I use them. The pads are really rough and not gentle at all. I highly recommend Neutrogena oil-free eye makeup remover...this cvs stuff was a total waste of money.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2009 2:04:00 PM More reviews by taralynn36

I was disappointed in this because I like a lot of the CVS dupes. The good thing is that the pads are ultra saturated so you get a lot of the remover and it's often on sale (BOGO1/2) at CVS. But it was only so-so at getting the mascara off and you really have to rub. Which isn't good seeing as this stuff burns my eyes! It really does sting which isn't so hot. I don't have sensitive eyes that much either. They tend to water but I usually don't have any problems with make-up remover. I prefer Rimmel or Avon's version much better.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/4/2009 10:46:00 PM More reviews by FlowerPunk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought these things while on vacation since my regular Neutrogena Oil-Free remover was taken from me at the airport for being oversized. The pads didn't work that great at removing waterproof mascara or my eye makeup in general. It would take a lot of heavy swipes to get everything off, and I would have to keep my eye tightly shut because the formula STUNG LIKE CRAP. I actually returned the tub after a few days of trying the pads out, but the stinging just wouldn't go away. My eyes aren't even that sensitive. Stay away!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2008 3:27:00 PM More reviews by pauley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just Love this stuff I like it better than the Almay, it removes the eye
makeup better and also makeup. much better price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2008 8:36:00 PM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this from CVS for only 4.99. It was a dollar cheaper than the Almay one (which I've never tried). It removes eye makeup so well including those budge-proof, waterproof stuff and you don't have to rub your eyes like crazy. It's not oily and the pad is pretty soft. I would rebuy but I had to stop using because I am allergic despite the hypoallergenic claim. I've used these pads twice and both times, my eyes instantly became itchy and irritated. The irritation disappears after thirty minutes or so but I don't want to deal with that. I don't have overly sensitive eyes so I'm surprised. I've never had this type of reaction with the few eye makeup removers I've used. I'm not sure what the irritant is but benzyl alcohol is listed as one of the products and it also has a very strong alcohol scent to it so I suspect this is the culprit. I would not rebuy.