Sage 4% BHA Mother Stricklands

4.2

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid Other Ingredients: Stabilized Aloe Vera Cold Pressed Gel, Butylene Glycol, Allantoin, Panthenol, Ethoxydigylycol, Salicylic Acid, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Isoetheth-20, Hyaluronic Acid, Chamomile Extract, Calendula Extract, Green Tea Extract, Arnica Extract, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Methylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Tetrasodium EDTA, Triethanolamine

on 10/6/2005 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Bought this with high hopes that it would work for me (after all it got a high rating here on MUA). Well, as with so many products that MUAers seem to love, this just didn't help at all and made my skin look worse, actually. Oh well!! I'm sticking with PC's BHA Liquid forever now. Speaking of sticking--I thought this gel felt sticky. Anyway-glad that Sage works for other ppl though.

on 10/5/2005 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I thought this would be too strong for my oily, acne prone skin but it's not. I was using the 2% MSSR but this is definitely better for beating the oilies and acne. I make sure my hands are wet when I apply it and let it sit for about 3-5 minutes before applying moisturizer. Very happy with this!!

I had such high hopes for Sage products and the disappointment was even greater. A little background...I have bad acne prone skin. I was able to stablize it with MD Forte until the summer. I decided to try out Sage since my skin was acting up. That was a mistake. I know that products work differently for everyone, but for the price and the promises, they should have done something. Not asking for a miracle, but something.
My routine consisted of Sage Regular Strength Facial Shampoo, Sage Regular Strength Corrective Grains, Sage 4% MSSR, and Sage Fix Zit 10%.
My skin is now 50% worth than when I started. I have discontinued using the products after over two months of religious use. I have more cystic acne and acne marks than before. I though my skin was purging, but it is not getting better, it is getting alot worse. The line also dried my skin out terribly. I used Cetaphil Moisture Cream and my skin still would flake and crack.
On top of this, the customer service is awful. They take weeks to respond to emails and items are always on backorder. Shipment is slow. Prices are way to high. continued >>

on 7/19/2005 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Really THE product in the Sage line that keeps your skin clear!! It is one of the few places I have found a 4% solution and it is gentle enough to use all over your face and neck. You can dry out when you first start to use the Sage line...but follow the companies specific recommendations and you'll work through it. I love the Sage line and really want to spread the word about it!

on 4/23/2005 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

My search for preventing acne has ended. I was thoroughly skeptical, but desparate nonetheless, to stop the never-ending acne cycle. This cycle consisted of breaking out (no matter how "non-comedigenic" my products were...) and then applying acne products ( Sage's miracle zit, etc) which ended up drying out my skin. I'd then have to moisturize to balance out the dryness and behold, break out again. With that said, I admit I was hesitant to try, yet again, another treatment/product. But this miracle product has been the answer to ending my breakout cycle for me. I cant believe how well this has worked for my skin. I use a little more than the product recommends, but then again, I overdo everything. I use it both am and pm and have not have ONE breakout since using it. In fact, I have had glowing, smooth, acne free skin. Thank God for this product. I'd pay any $$ to get skin this beautiful!! UPDATE: blah blah blah. I stopped using this 1 month ago. This stuff stopped working and I actually found it to be breaking me out. Dagnabit!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

HG!!!! Oh my goodness, I cannot live without this stuff. My blackheads look SO much better - vastly reduced in number and appearance. It doesn't dry out my skin at all - I use it all over in the AM and spot treat my nose and chin in the PM. I had to be without it for a few days and I could tell a difference. I will not be without it again! It is a bit pricey, but you only use a tiny, tiny bit and it is SO worth it!!

on 8/28/2004 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This broke me out within a day's time. I tried it on 3 seperate occasions to see if it was a fluke and yep it broke me out each time. I'll be using the rest on my feet and hope they dont break out either and no repurchasing again, unless ofcourse it does something spectacular to them at which point I'll gladly place another order.

It sucks.

on 7/26/2004 9:49:00 PM

I love this stuff, it makes my skin look great. The only problem is that it is just impossible for me to use twice daily. I have pretty tough skin--oily, not too sensitive, some monthly acne--but this is just too shiny and sticky to put makeup on top of. I use it only at night and have to warn DH not to kiss my face once I've put it on.

on 7/10/2004 8:21:00 PM

Sad but true---it's taken me 40 years(!) to finally learn how to control my acne. And Sage is the answer. I began using the products in November (2003) after a major cystic acne attack and for the first time in my life I have skin that is not blackhead speckled and constantly erupting.
I believe this BHA formula is the cornorstone of the treatment. Not only does it keep my pores clear and less oily, it also acts as a major exfoliant, which is great at my age (51). I also like how it can be applied over makeup during the day. I often feel eruptions coming
while at work, and the formula starts working immediately.

on 7/9/2004 7:11:00 PM

I have been using this for about 3 to 4 weeks now. At first i noticed a bit of a change but of course like everyone else i was expecting my acne to be completely gone by the next day, well, in reality that doesn't happen so quickly. By the 2nd wk i thought it was a waste of my money but then by the 3rd my skin started to purge and i noticed that this stuff was getting rid of those yucky zits that were hiding beneath my skin for months . I am still purging but i'm going to stick with this stuff since i believe its helping my skin get better. I do use it morning and night, and at night i use this along with DDF sulfur mask (only as a spot treatment). It hasnt dried out my skin either. I just suggest to give it more time i know i am .....i will keep everyone updated.

Popular Treatments (Face)