August 22, 2014 | 1187 users online

Masks - Fresh - Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2014 10:17:00 AM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my first experience with a "hydrating" mask. When applied its almost translucent. Doesn't really dry but seems to absorb. Rinses easily with water. I did not notice any firming, but skin did glow and was moisturized. Did not cause me to break out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 3:13:00 AM More reviews by jchoi128

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Forever in love, HELLO HOLY GRAIL MASK!!!

It's not the typical "mask" texture but rather a super frothy and light texture that melts on your skin and absorbs fast. I use this as a mask, sometimes wash it off, sometimes sleep on it or sometimes apply a very thin layer before makeup in the morning. It really depends on whether my skin needs that WAKE UP KICK to look super refreshed, even toned and supple.

Once you apply it, you immediately get a cooling feeling all over your skin and it's wonderful. I love that feeling. Then it works its magic and give you a radiant, glowing, supple, moisturized, and even toned skin. I think the cooling effect on the skin stimulates circulation on the face and gives you a radiant glow. It's not a permanent effect nor is it a product that strives towards a permanent change but still very good temporarily.

The price is pretty high but I am more than happy to spend $92 for 3.3oz jar. It's just because there's no other product that can replace it. I have used so many masks, facial products and this is by far the best. It works on me and I hope it works on other ladies that are curious and debating to try this or not.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Paintedlily62

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is WONDERFUL!! I had been using a foaming face wash that has aloe in it that had slowly been drying out (and irritating) my skin and this cut the redness by more than half. It feels like a primer going on. It smells faintly of cucumber. It has a cooling effect on the skin. I left mine on for about 10 minutes. When I went to bed my face felt calmed and soft. When I woke up the next morning, the irritation pimples that had started to develop were going down, my skin was amazingly soft and the redness/inflamation was almost gone. My makeup went on smooth. It's just wonderful! I know it's $88, but if I'm only using it once or twice a week it will probably last me at least a few months. I'm going to purchase the full size when I get close to the end of my sample. It's just that good....

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2014 12:45:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I got a generous sample of this from Sephora, but I was sorely disappointed. I did not notice any effects at all as a result of using this. The product claims to reveal softer, firmer skin instantly. Bust! In fact, I was hoping that this would exfoliate some of the dead skin cells to reveal softer skin, but it did neither hydrate nor exfoliate, so the end result was exactly the same as the starting point. It feels a bit mentholated (although according to the ingredients list, it is not). I do not particularly like cooling sensation products, so I could have done without that feature. In summation, save your money and invest it in a product that is either going to exfoliate or plump your skin. This simply is not it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2014 11:22:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The Black Tea Mask smells lightly of black tea and is a creamy white paste. Imparts a mild cooling sensation on the skin. I leave it on for 30 minutes and rinses off. It does leave the skin feeling soft, but mostly that is from the film that is left on the skin which I do not like. I really did not notice any instant improvements in skin firmness, radiance or well, anything from using this ridiculously high priced mask.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2014 2:36:00 AM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

As much as I like this product, it is quite pricey for what it does. I have normal skin that is dry from time to time, so it's not like I was expecting a ton of improvement to come from this mask. I figured if I can notice a difference from a $20 mask, I assumed I would too with a $100 mask.

I use this after I wash my face in the shower so that it's applied when my pores are still enlarged. It goes on cool, and does not ball up. It has a sorbet-kind of texture to it, very refreshing. I notice that it has a cooling sensation if you fan your face. I use it 2-3 times a week, for anywhere from 30-60 minutes each time. The instructions say to put it on for less, but considering how expensive it is, I decided to leave it longer to maximize my benefits.

It does not dry to a hard-shell finish, so it washes off very easily. Once washed off, I noticed my face very smooth...and that's it. Did not notice any minimizing of some of my redness on my face, nor did it particularly help with the dry patches on my face. It just left my skin kind of glowy and very smooth.

The packaging is very average. However, it is not travel friendly because the body of the jar is made out of glass.

If this was a $20 dollar mask, I would repurchase it. However, it is not. It did not help with my skin at all, or at least as much as I thought it would considering the price. Yes, it gave me baby-soft skin, but for the price, it is definitely not worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by michelleva

This did not "ball up"...It left my skin smooth and soft! It smells sweet! And is nice, white and creamy. my face tingled a bit after too! I think there's menthol in it?

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 1:22:00 AM More reviews by Cheryn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

It is an expensive mask, my most expensive bu far and definitely it's an better option than sisley's. Gave in to my temptation at Sephora after getting numerous samples of it. This mask gives a cooling feeling and there was once I left it overnight and I woke up to hydrated skin, which mostly isn't the case if I didn't go through my nightly skincare ritual. As do all masks, please exfoliate prior to using so you get the maximum benefit of it. Smell of this mask is bearable and not overwhelming. I have sensitive skin so I tend to be careful in the masks I choose for fear of being 'burned'. I will always recommend to get samples to try before buying. Hope this helps

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by AyoC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got samples of this! It's an okay mask. It's hydrating, smooth and creamy. If that's what your looking for go for it. Not worth it to me. It has a slight sensation that I can tolerate and I found pleasant. It felt like putting thin lotion on my face. Not what I want in a mask but okay. Unless I get this as a gift. Wot be buying.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2013 8:17:00 PM More reviews by Tiptoemousey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this mask the smell is nice and crisp it has a nice cooling effect I leave it on for about an hour. I use this two- four times a week in the winter and one-two times a week in the summer I buy it during sephoras vib sale due to it being 88 dollars for 100ml I do stock up during that time. I would not say this mask is a must have but it is something that is really nice. One of the biggest mistakes people make with this mask is putting to much on at one time you need a very thin layer if you use to much it can burn a little but it leaves the skin glowing smooth and feeling nice.