October 1, 2014 | 1704 users online

Fragrances - Tom Ford - Noir de Noir

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 2:44:00 PM More reviews by PSS07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite rose scent, with the notes well blended making it classy, sophisticated & sexy.

There are lots of comparisons to Black Orchid & White Patchouli! I own both & to me neither are like this. As with most TF scents I find this distinctive & unique.

I was luckily enough to receive this as an Christmas present. I absolutely love & it has become my signature scent. I have a 100ml bottle but use it only for special occasions due to the price.

Some people feel this is more masculine than feminine but I think it's a good rounded unisex fragrance, on my skin it projects feminine.

For me this is the perfect Rose which I have been searching for, for a long time. I love!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Tess35

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I tried this a few times. I am not good at fragrance description but the initial blast of this baby is rich chocolate and elegant black rose. Wonderful. But the dry down is awfully sweet like my grandma's perfume.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2013 4:41:00 AM More reviews by Mathou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is one gorgeous fragrance! It's hard to describe but it's a very intense and dark rose... It's sweet, deep and has a hint of chocolate. It's my new favourite parfume. I love, love Tom Ford but this one is really my favourite of them all. It's just a shame it dosn't last that long at me. Only a few hours :( Normally his perfumes are everlasting on my skin but not this one :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by rp1017

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I won't describe the notes as everyone else has hit the nail on the head in describing Noir de Noir but I will add that this is one dark and sexy perfume. I understand that this is unisex however, I am leaning that this is more on the feminine side ..... it is long lasting and when my body chemistry is right, this scent is wonderful on me, however, sometimes I pick up a beer-like quality in the beginning notes, but it does dry down eventually.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2012 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Jaimee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very sexy feminine perfume. It is warm and sultry. There are notes of vanilla but not cloying or gourmand. Perfect for a night out with your man. It also has great staying power.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2012 11:27:00 AM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This a one dark fragrance! Definetly for the femme fatale in all of us. On me it was mix of cherry and chcoclate liquour although I'm sure others find it to be quite different.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

A review I read online stated perfectly that Noir de Noir is "the queen of flowers...in her darkest aspect". This is ROSE, but a dark, brooding, foreboding rose with no hint of romance whatsoever. Vanilla and saffron swirl beneath the surface and restrain NdN from going despairingly dark, but the patchouli and oakmoss keep the blend in its entirety thick, rich, and with only a pinprick of light. This is not Cinderella, this is her evil stepmother: cruel, haughty, and without remorse or regret. The sweet and innocent best keep away. Noir de Noir layers quite well with Tuscan Leather if you wish to make it more masculine (NdN is too feminine on its own to sit well on a man) and/or you wish to quash that last remnant of light and make it completely dark.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Melloney

There are very few fragrances that I love from the first sniff. Noir de Noir was a casual encounter at Heathrow Terminal Three and it was definitely love from the word go. Sweet, creaminess, darkness but not much of a chypre in my humble opinion. Still it's a delicious dark scent that's unisex. One star off because as paschat has already noted, the lasting power is not much. All the oomph is in the first half hour and then it's much milder . It's top heavy . I don't mind though, I do love this. I would have bought it if I had enough room in my liquids ziplock bag at the time.

Edit: I bought the 100 ml bottle with the most delight shortly after I purchased Black Violet .
Noir de Noir is Tom Ford's Turkish Delight scent . Still in love with this .

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Lisaandtheword

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Opening reminds me of Patchouli Noir but more smooth, begins to be rosy, soft velvety petals. Patch gets dry, makes scent similar to but more dusty than Rose en Noir. For my taste the rose here is too soft & pink, overpowers the darkness. Drydown is just "eh" powdery patch & sweet rose softness.. I much prefer Rose en Noir.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2010 7:20:00 PM More reviews by tessture

Lasting power on my skin has been five hours and counting so far. It has very faint sillage, being a nose presser, but wow, I'm loving it. It's like a cleaner, spicier version of Fumerie Turque, which I adore. Wood, spices, clear tobacco notes, the suggestion of leather, a faint soapy edge that might be this rose people talk of that I can't discern at any point in the blend. I'm actually wearing it on the other wrist from Fumerie Turque and it doesn't dry down as honey-sweet, either, which is a bit of a plus. This is a lighter tobacco-wood scent and I can see wearing it in summer easily (and am doing so right now). This might be FBW. So far, I'm loving it.