December 21, 2014 | 1596 users online

Shampoo - DHS Clear Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 2:22:00 AM More reviews by shilohcalista

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is highly overpriced for what it is just a very basic unscented shampoo nothing special really. If you are in need of unscented hair cair products I recommend you try Ingredients to Die For they have many ready to use shampoos and conditioners that are unscented and far superior to most of the prepackaged stuff like this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 9:23:00 AM More reviews by thevnilly

Most shampoos cause me to get clogged pores along my hairline, forehead, & temples. I'm not sure if it's the fragrance or SLS found in most, but ever since I've been using DHS I no longer have this problem. It's pricier than what I'm used to (anywhere from $13-$17 for 16oz. depending on where you buy it online), but if it saves me from annoying bumps then it's well worth it. I try to use only a small amount, since it isn't the cheapest. It's also not the easiest to spread and work through long hair. I have fine hair that needs to be washed every day unless I'm just spending the day at home and can throw it up in a bun. So, I haven't experienced the dryness like others have.

Overall it's another great product from Person & Covey! Their amazing DML Forte Cream is the only facial moisturizer I've been able to use 100% problem free for the past 2 years.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2012 9:49:00 PM More reviews by happymerlot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I love that it doesn't contain fragrance, dyes or irritating essential oils, but that's about it. Much too drying for my hair. Might work for someone with oilier hair/scalp or who washes their hair less frequently.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2011 3:22:00 PM More reviews by MaddieEvans

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have eczema and this shampoo is the best product I've tried that leaves my hair feeling clean without aggravating my skin. If you are in Canada you can find it online at ebeauty.ca: http://bit.ly/udrZ3S where it's 18.50 for a big bottle (shipping incl.) The smell's not great but that's a small price to pay for something that works for my skin, if you have any kind of sensitive scalp issue you should definitely try it out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2010 10:23:00 PM More reviews by typicalgirls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I suffer from eczema. As I've gotten older, I've noticed my scalp and forehead is more sensitive to shampoos, regardless if they contain SLS or not. Typically, if I wash with any old shampoo my forehead becomes dry,flaky, and the skin is sometimes red and inflammed. I find this shampoo keeps my scalp and forehead the closest to normal I can ever expect it to be with eczema. It is fragrance free, but there is a weird plasticy scent to it that kind of makes me nauseated. This doesn't strip the hair whatsoever, I find my hair to be shiny after washing with this. However, by the end of the day my hair feels/smells dirty. It is impossible for me to "skip" a day with this one.

Overall, since I've had no reactions to it I have to rate it pretty high.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2010 3:35:00 AM More reviews by aizen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

there is not so many choice if you are looking for shampoo which
not contain perfume, essential oil ,SLS.
pretty much your choice is Free and clear or DHS clear shampoo.
this shampoo makes my scalp bit itchy and sore next day.
however it's so populer around sensitive scalp people.
if you have senstive scalp and looking for a shampoo which no contain any perfume and essential oil, I would recommend to try it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 8:41:00 AM More reviews by tried_em_all

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like others have said, this is pretty harsh, and although I don't find it as drying as the Free & Clear - the Del Ray Special Shampoo, is the least drying of them all for me. This burned a little when I was using it, and made my face and hairline very red.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2010 8:15:00 AM More reviews by Tresor

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have baby fine, color treated hair and psoriasis on my scalp. So, I have trouble with hair care products. I've used baby shampoos and organic, all natural ones, but still my psoriasis flares up, causing rashes, flaking and itching. I've even gone to a derm for medicated products, some with minor help. DHS Clear is the only product I've used that stops the rash and itch dead in it's tracks. It also makes my hair clean, shiny, manageable. My hair isn't weighed down and doesn't get greasy midday. The packaging is plain, but I'm not complaining. It's just nothing exciting, but is that why you buy a shampoo? Of course not. I have no complaints except that I have to order it online, it's not available near me and I live in a major metro area.

UPDATE: I found out that I can obtain DHS products by ordering them through any pharmacy. Not an Rx product, but one can only get them through a pharmacy. I wonder why? Anyway, I am now able to get this at Target, Walgreens and CVS. YAY! However, I took off a lippie, due to the fact that your hair will dry out in time from using this shampoo. I now alternate with other products and use argan oil to balance it out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2009 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Treasa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this on the recommendation of my dermatologist because i have atopic dermatitis as this is supposed to help Initially I thought GREAT, no problems and my hands started to clear up. However with continued daily use it actually leaves my scalp feeling VERY DRY/DEHYDRATED so I started to add a couple of drops of glycerin which has helped alot. I also water down this shampoo, 200mls water to about 10mls shampoo. Also It DRYS the life out of my hair to the point I have to use the feria conditioner daily(i have never had to do that before and only used it once a month).
It does not bother my highlights except to make them a little blonder.
I continue to use this because it is the only one that I am not allergic to.
The conditioner that goes with it is useless so I dont even use it as it does nothing. I continue to use the feria conditioner

Update:stopped using this-destroying my hair. Way too HARSH

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2009 12:19:00 AM More reviews by Skytenshi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's a great shampoo that balances the oils on my scalp and I will give it four lippies because of that. However, it works for me just as Avalon Organics Lavender Nourishing Shampoo and Head & Shoulders do ... so given the price of this product, I would not buy it again (therefore, 1 lippie off).

Edit on 30 December 2011: For some reason, I eventually went back to this shampoo and have gone through bottle after bottle of this. Raising this to 5 lippies.