September 18, 2014 | 1669 users online

Treatments - African Royale - Hot Six Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by sabrinasylvesternyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

I adore this when used sparingly as a moisturizer for my relaxed hair, but what I want to RAVE about with this review is Hot Six Oil as . . . the BEST foot treatment oil ever!!! I have horrendously dry and calloused feet, and even putting Vaseline on them nightly didn't completely rehabilitate them. But nightly rubdowns with H.S.O. have proven miraculous! I transfer into a small plastic dye bottle w a spout and keep on my bedside table -- the best!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2012 1:11:00 PM More reviews by sunshine824

Hot Six Oil is one of my favorite hair oils. I use it as a pre-shampoo treatment and it leaves my hair silky, moisturized, and frizz free. It has an overly sweet, fruity smell but it doesn't linger once you wash your hair. And even if used as a leave-in it still doesn't leave a strong scent.

To me it ties in effectiveness with Ginseng Wonder 8 Oil, except this one is easier to shampoo out. I also like using Indian oils(Dabur Amla & Vatika Oils) but I either have to travel to get them or order online. And the scents aren't too great. Plus they linger even after washing(especially the Amla Oil).

I find it even more effective at smoothing, moisturizing, and giving my hair shine than natural mono oils(olive oil, coconut oil, jojoba, almond, etc.). I've used those natural oils the most -almost every time I wash my hair- but the difference when using the Hot Six Oil was evident with the first wash. My hair felt silky in the shower before and after I shampooed - which it never does. My hair and scalp got clean but it still felt silky and not stripped or dried out in the least.

This is definitely worth a repurchase and I'll probably try it out in the other ways you can use it as suggested on the bottle.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

Ignoring every product I've read reviews about on the hair boards I bought this solely because it had an extremely light fragrance and didn't look watery. I was looking for a replacement for olive oil, which I now can't stand the smell of. All I read was it had oils in it that were natural and it didn't stench so that was good enough for me to buy it.
I'm surprised that this oil works so well. It leaves my hair scalp and hands soft.

1 WEEK UPDATE
On day 1 I loved it. Day 2 also but the strangest thing happened, the smell changed on my skin to something very chemically. It got more intolerable as each day passed so I had to stop using it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 9:23:00 AM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

This is great for relaxed hair that tends to be dry all the time; however, on natural hair it is too heavy and the oil just sits there without absorbing into my hair. Coconut oil works better for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 9:31:00 AM More reviews by Costumiere77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This product is a hidden gem. I wrecked my face (and apparently my liver) with Accutane 15 years ago. I now can have dried peeling skin over the top of whitehead acne... But this product made all of that go away. Oil? Successfully managing hormonal acne? Yes. After paying A LOT for an expensive brand of oil based cleanser, I discovered the oil cleansing method online. The process depends on finding the right balance of castor oil (no more than 30% in a mixture of oils) and other goodies that dissolve unnecessary oil or draw out dirt and bad stuff embedded in the oils using massage and steam. This particular brand of oil is my magic number. It has all kinds of different oils in it, but whatever balance of castor oil they have is perfect for 33 year old, humid climate, Accutane dried sensitive skin. I have tried Proactiv- developed an allergy, birth control pills made me kind of corner my boyfriend of the time with a pair of scissors in a closet and everything else eventually dried me out and made my skin either peely or red. I have hard water here, so I generally follow with a few drops of rice bran oil massaged into drier areas like cheeks, forehead and under eyes. It also strengthened my nails and I have my hands in lots of nasty things working with fabric crafts and paints. Weirdly though, it is not great for me as an all over moisturizer- like on legs and arms. Doesn't absorb as completely on those areas...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 8:23:00 PM More reviews by mymelody87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This all-purpose beauty oil is probably the best thing I've purchased all year - seriously. It works just as well as Argan Oil, as far as I can tell. The concept is the same. It can be used on hair, skin, nails, face, and many other places as needed. And wherever I use it, it does wonders, performing like other, more expensive oil products at a fraction of the cost. (Mine was on sale at CVS for $1.99) It also has a wonderful subtle fruity smell. I don't consider it "synthetic" at all.

To demonstrate its usefulness, here are some ways I have used it and liked it:
- as a pre-shampoo hair treatment.
- as a mix-in to my favorite conditioners to make them work better.
- as a leave-in conditioner and shine serum
- as a make-up, including eye make-up, remover
- as a facial moisturizer
- as a body moisturizer
- as a cuticle oil
- as a callous softener for the soles of my feet

This is just an all-around wonderful product as far as I'm concerned. I picked it up on a whim because it was cheap and smelled nice and I was curious, and now I'm hooked. I'll continue to buy this as needed, and for the price, I really feel everyone should give it a shot. I'm actually surprised more people don't know about this product and love it. Seems like none of the products generally found in the "ethnic hair care" section of the drugstore get any attention at all, which is sad since, like Hot Six Oil, some of them are quite amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Chelles93

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this stuff.

I use it for my body and my face.

A lot of people swear by the oil cleansing method - even with my acne-prone skin, I can use a nickel-sized amount of this, spread over my face and massaged lightly in, to really get all the day's sunscreen, makeup, and grime/pollution off. I just wipe it off with a washcloth and water or use a mild foaming cleanser on top of it.

Especially when I'm doing chemical peels or using Retin-A, it's a good, gentle cleanser that doesn't leave my skin in worse shape than before.

Smells good, so cheap, and it lasts forever.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2010 9:56:00 AM More reviews by NatanYah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

If you like this, please try "kemi-oyl". It's thicker and not as weird smelling.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2010 9:00:00 PM More reviews by jeungtae92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

i love this stuff. i use it as hot oil treatment on my hair and also body oil.
either way it works really well. smell is a bit too artificial for my taste, but it's still amazing product

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2008 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Cinnabuns

This is the perfect oil for hair, body and nails, and the price ($3.99) is a steal! I believe I purchased mine at Wal-Mart. It moisturizes all body parts, and the smell is fabulous. It also contains 14 natural herbs. I love to use this on wet hair before blow drying. If using on the hair, be careful to apply only a small amount or you risk weighing the hair down.