July 26, 2014 | 1812 users online

Cleansers - L'Oreal - Revitalift Radiant Smoothing Cream Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by RaquellaDeVille

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Decent cleanser. But unlike many others, I did find this a little drying. Even though it is creamy, it's very soapy and stripping (which can be good if you wear a lot of make up). However, after toweling my face off, it felt so tight and dry that I was just dying to put on moisturizer!

For the price, it's great, but it's just another cheap cleanser that strips the face of its natural oils. My HG cleanser is the Cerave foaming facial cleanser which never leaves my skin dry as it keeps the skin's natural protective barrier intact.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 10:57:00 PM More reviews by MsLucyRyan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this product off and on for about a year now and really love it. I use my clarisonic with this and it creates a nice amount of foam unlike other cleansers I have used. If I use it with others it soaps up way to much! It leaves my skin soft and washes off nicely with no residue, pleasant smell, great consistency, only need a small amount, and hasn't caused me to break out at all. I will definitely repurchase when I run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 9:28:00 PM More reviews by thowell124

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG cleanser. I have repurchased 3 times so far, and will continue to do so. I love creamy cleansers and foamy cleansers. This is as creamy as it gets. Not sure about the other reviewers comments on its foaming action, because it does not foam up at all for me, it's just extremely thick & creamy. It does not leave any residue, does not make my skin feel dry and tight (I have extremely dry skin in general) and washes all my makeup away. I'm not an everyday foundation wearer since my skin has always been very good (good genes - thanks mom!), but I've used it to remove foundation & it's done the job. I always use eye makeup remover before I cleanse because I try to keep from tugging, pulling and using other harsh methods of removal around the delicate skin eye area for anti-aging purposes. This cleanser is so fantastic for dry and sensitive skin, I hope they never discontinue it! And now my husband has started using it because he loves the creamy consistency!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2013 3:54:00 AM More reviews by bayergal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The texture and smell of this product is just perfect! It's not too thick or thin when you lather it, and it smells nice and clean. I only use a pea size and it's more than enough for my face and neck.
My skin feels so smooth afterwards it's hard to stop touching!
I find this really helps with oil control & blackheads as well! It's not drying at all and I haven't broken out. I found this really did brighten my skin as well, it's great!

UPDATE; JULY 08 2013
I think this cleanser is more of a winter cleanser. It's now warm here and my skin started getting really dry once I stopped using this my dry patches went away.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2012 9:12:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

revitalift smoothing cream cleanser is a verry good cleanser.it leaves my skin smooth,removes my make up,hydrate,moiturizes my skin.it's not drying at all! It goes perfectly with my neck-face revitalift cream.for the results and price,i'm satisfied with that cream cleanser! Love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2012 8:49:00 PM More reviews by tomakeupchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product claims to cleanse your skin by removing all traces of makeup and skin impurities, while also providing various anti aging benefits as well. I think that ultimately this is an average cleanser. As with most products, YMMV. I didn't find that this fully cleansed my skin as there was still makeup on my face after cleansing (and not waterproof makeup either). For reference I have combo skin, with occasional breakouts, and slightly sensitive. So fail on the move all makeup and impurities claim. Personally I normally use an oil cleanse to remove makeup and then use a cleanser but in order to fully test any product I like to try it out in a variety of situations/conditions so I can evaluate its effectiveness. As for anti-aging, I didn't see any. Honestly I don't think cleansers are on my skin long enough to really give me any kind of anti aging and lifting benefits, although I understand the gimmick here is exfoliating ingredients which I didn't find to be effective nor irritating. After careful reflection, I concluded that I would most likely not repurchase simply because I think there are better cleansers out there.
Pros:
- Not over drying. I was able to cleanse my face and was not left with that horrible tight feeling that leaves me running for moisturizer.
- No irritating scent. It does have a mild scent which didn't disturb me in the slightest.
- Excellent lather. Now this is a personal preference but this thing suds up in a flash. You only need the tiniest amount of the product in order to completely cover your face (in generous amounts), which results in the product lasting a long time. If you over do the amount of cleanser, you will have a mini sud mountain on your hands - you have been warned!
- Does somewhat remove makeup and does an ok job of cleansing skin.
-Didn't cause breakouts.

Cons:
- No lifting, radiance or shrunken/reduced pores were observed, despite these being the claims of the product. This didn't disturb me too much as I didn't buy it as an anti-aging treatment. I wanted a good cleanser, plain and simple.
- Does not completely remove makeup. Now as I previously mentioned I don't normally rely on cleansers to do the makeup removal job but I do like to test them to see what they are made of. I experimented with different kinds of makeup and application of product methods (hands, vs scrublet vs mechanical device) and even changed the quantity of product used. At no time was I completely able to use my makeup. Please note that none of the makeup used was waterproof so this cleanser shouldn't really have had such a hard time clearing it all away. This leads me to believe it probably doesn't cleanse my skin all that well either. It did remove some makeup but not all, so if you are using this be sure to use a secondary method to ensure all your makeup comes off.

In the end I would have to say this is just average. Considering the number of cleansers on the market I wouldn't waste time with this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by bcbrosemer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this for a couple years now. I have normal to dry skin, and am 38 so have lines beginning in my forehead and around my eyes. I have almost always been happy with L'Oreal products, and this is no exception. I need something that will clean well without drying out my skin, this product is it. If I have full eye makeup on, I do use an eye makeup remover first, but if I have just eyeliner/mascara, that extra step is not necessary. This takes all my everyday makeup off easily.
This does foam up well, so you only need a small amount. I use it on a soft washcloth, and rub it in a circular motion. This gives me a gentle exfoliation without irritating my skin. It says it has exfoliating action, but there are no microbeads.
I use tepid water to wash, and rinse with cool/cold water. The cleaner rinses off well, I don't feel any residue left over.
I use pretty much the entire Revitalift line, and my skin has shown marked improvement. My skin is smoother, my pores appear smaller, and my fine lines aren't as noticeable. They are still there (actually thinking about Botox soon), but my face in general looks a lot better.
Have repurchased this at least 10 times, there is almost always a coupon for it somewhere. I can usually get it for between $4-$6, totally worth it for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2011 12:27:00 PM More reviews by isshevital

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was telling my mom how I'm so frustrated looking for a good face wash. I love acne.org cleanser for the warmer months, but it started to be a bit harsh. She mentioned that she had been using this and was very satisfied with it. She had an extra and told me to try it for a week or two and see how it agreed with my skin. I have to say, I was really not expecting to be so satisfied with it. It's amazing because it is creamy and yet it cleanses really well. I believe the benzyl salicylate is the "exfoliating" ingredient mentioned on the packaging, which works wonders keeping my skin clear and the blackheads on my nose under control. I almost never get a full pimple with a whitehead, so for someone with more of a problem with breakouts this cleanser may or may not be enough. But for me it is truly perfect. It also does a really nice job of balancing my oily t-zone without drying out my cheeks.

It's a little weird to me that people say that this takes their makeup off really well, because that hasn't quite been my experience. I usually only wear a tinted moisturizer or a light coverage foundation, but I still see a bit of makeup residue on my cotton pad when applying toner. I've not tried putting the cleanser on my face while dry, so maybe that's the problem. Either way it doesn't bother me too much, so I still give it 5 stars. In fact I suspect that this cleanser might continue to work for me into the warmer months, but we'll see!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2011 1:06:00 AM More reviews by natalieboo

Best cleanser on the market. Take it from me tried them all from cetaphil to cerave even paulas choice. Everything irratated my sensitive skin. This product has improved my skin dramatically in three weeks. No need to moisturize skin feels balanced and supple. Amazing creamy texture that takes off makeup and exfoliates.Incredably it even made my pores much smaller. Wasnt expecting that! :D try it!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2011 4:44:00 PM More reviews by HappyTheFace23

This is a really nice cleanser, because it makes my face feel so clean and moisturized and it does help with my acne better than my other cleanser, which is a bonus. I don't really need this cleanser to revitalize my skin so I don't know if it actually helps with that, but it works well as a daily cleanser so I don't mind reperchasing this product. It only gets 4 stars because it doesn't 100% clear my skin, otherwise I love it.

Edit: This made me breakout, and it made my face so oily, and as soon as I stopped using my skin began to improve. Four stars down to two. It is a nice exfoliating, moisturizing cleanser, just not for me.