September 30, 2014 | 1932 users online

Powder - Cinema Secrets - Dual Active Minerals

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 3:37:00 PM More reviews by sandracruz

Full coverage.

Can be used dry for full,
moist for medium/sheer

I am so much amazed with how fast this can turn an oily, acne-infested face into an even, poreless and perfect canvass.

Long lasting, very durable. Made for oily skin.

When paired with CS ultimate foundation, you have a synergistic base that will last more than 12 hours. You can swim and sweat on it, no problem. It's so wonderful.

Not so good: very limited shade. they have to formulate more warm (yellow) medium shades.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2014 3:49:00 AM More reviews by b2kkkel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

What I like about this powder is that it diminishes pores and fine lines, evens out my skin tone, doesn't cake, lasts long, sets my foundation, not too heavy, oil free, Aloe Vera, SPF 8, doesn't contain talc and looks really really natural. It comes in a convenient compact with a mirror and sponge. My skin feels smooth with this on.

It says that you can apply wet for more coverage. I'd never tried wetting a pressed powder foundation before so I decided to try it to see how much difference in coverage it would give compared to the coverage it gives when it's dry. I sprayed cinema secrets moisture spray onto the sponge as it suggested and even sprayed some into the compact directly onto the powder. I found that there was no difference in the amount of coverage it gave me when I used it dry. It was more difficult to apply wet and harder to blend out and get an even coverage. It kind of made no sense using it wet, it's just more difficult that way and dries out the skin.
It says that when wet it could cover birthmarks or tattoos.. I'm not sure how it would but perhaps I wasn't applying it right? I don't know..
I wouldn't say it's a full coverage powder as when I wear it alone, I can still see acne marks. Worn over a good foundation and/or concealer it looks poreless, natural and matte. I prefer to dust it on top with a powder brush.
Overall, I would buy again as it's something I can wear when I want to look really natural,or to set makeup. It will stay put in hot climates and I think it will last me a reasonable amount of time, it's quite nice.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2012 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

I am looking for an alternative to MAC's MSFN. I love the product, but I also want a powder with slightly better coverage and a bit more finely milled.

This powder is very similar. It does seem more finely milled than MSFN, but the color match is not the same, and the coverage is debatable. I believe Tender Touch would match NC15 perfectly, although it's not so yellow that I couldn't wear it. The coverage seems the same or less than that of MSFN.

All in all, it's a great powder, and I like the sponge that comes with it, but it's not the upgrade to MSFN I was looking for. It's a more finely milled version with sunscreen, but with less coverage.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2008 9:34:00 PM More reviews by HAROLD6975

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Have been using Cinema secrets to dual to set my foundaton application. The coverage is buildable and the finish is skin-like. I love these and cannot work without them. Looks amazing in under the camera lights as well. Summer sand is my favorite shade:) Just really love love love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2008 11:15:00 PM More reviews by decj0002

Honestly, this review is based on use WITH CS's Ultimate Foundation Primer. I know that this foundation would not work nearly as well without the primer (b/c I tried). WITH the primer, I give it 5 lippies. Without the primer I give it 3 lippies (just an average powder foundation without it).

This product is called Cinema Secrets Dual Active Foundation on Camera Ready Cosmetics and retails there for $19. The color swatches on there stink, IMO, though.

I am combo/oily, LLL, between an NC20-25 MAC SFF, NC25 Studio Tech, yellow undertones, acne-prone w/ post-acne marks. So many foundation oxidize on me to an unflattering orange-y shade, or are much too pink for my yellow undertones. This foundation in Tender Beige is *perfect* for me. It leans slightly neutral, IMO.

Bought it at a retailer for $25 for 8g (0.28oz), less product than MAC's Studio Fix powder, but IMO much higher quality. Comes with mirror and sponge. Packaging looks kind of cheap and is unlabeled, but the product inside is the true gem anyways!

You can apply this foundation both dry (for matte finish) and wet (for dewy finish). I apply dry with the Cinema Secrets powder fluff OVER the CS Primer and get amazing coverage for a powder. It goes on slightly light and powdery but is easily fixed with contour, blush, and by the time I'm finished with my makeup the powder has magically adjusted to my skintone, probably due to the oils in my skin. I put this on my neck as well to correct the discoloration of it (my chest is fair/yellow, my neck is dark/olive/yellow, my face is blotchy red/yellow). This is the only foundation I found that doesn't make me look like I'm wearing makeup on my neck and decollete to even my discolorations out!

Very natural finish, doesn't appear cakey and would take an extreme amount to look cakey. I use about 4-5 swipes of the powder for total (face, neck, decollete) application. I do use CS's Ultimate Foundation Primer underneath which makes a huge difference in coverage. With the primer, I can cover my acne blemishes, post-acne marks, and rosacea, and it glides on evenly and stays matte longer (I think I end up using less product that way b/c I don't have to go over areas twice).

For you PPP's out there. My PPP BFF (dry/brunette/NC15 SFF/NC15/ Fix Powder/Revlon Colorstay Buff) was perfectly color-matched to Tender Touch. With heavy coverage she can cover her freckles completely, but after awhile she found that it settled into her fine lines (but she had put on way more than she needed). I would probably recommend Tender Taupe for NC30-35's but I'm not positive.

This foundation is "Oil-Free" with Aloe Vera and Sunscreen (although I do not know if it is stable). It is also talc-free! YAY!

Ingredients: Mica, Zinc, Stearate, Octyl Palmitate, Nylon, Silica, Dimethicone, Trimethylsil, Oxysilicate, Lecithin, Aloe Vera, Methicone, Sorbitan Sesquileate, Trisodium EDTA, Sodium Dehydro-acetate, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides. continued >>

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No