October 23, 2014 | 1196 users online

Foundations - Colorescience - Pressed Mineral Pigment

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by NikNak7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am so afraid I am going to jinx this by stating that it is my hg, but I've been using this for about 3 months and I still can't believe I am using a powder on my extremely dry skin. When my usual foundation had changed formula I couldn't find ANY foundation that would sit right on my skin, I've tried everything, you guys have no idea, bobbi brown, chanel, la prairie, mychelle, Estée Lauder, no7,clinique, la mer, cle de peau, illamasqua, most bb creams both Asian and American, lancome, la Roche, dior, smash box, guerlin, Armani, mac, omg so many more that I can't think of the names! I finally came to the conclusion that I was never going to find something that a) dry out my skin, and b) will sit nicely rather than looking like my face has a load of muck on it. I went to a dermatologist about my skin issues that came from using bobbi browns foundation stick and she recommended this foundation, I humoured her by buying it but I had no intention of using it because my skin can't even stand cream foundations so I thought there is no way I am putting powder near my already dry skin. But I got some ipl done and I couldn't put on my other foundation so I used this because the woman said it wouldn't aggravate my skin, so I put it on and went to work, I looked in the mirror while I was there and couldn't believe it actually looked nice (baring in mind my skin looked like a lobster from the ipl), so after the effects of the ipl wore off I continued to this and i am so glad I did, this foundation is amazing, it won't dry out skin at all, it doesn't agitate skin as it sits on top rather than being absorbed and damaging the skin. I think the right type of moisturiser makes this makeup sit its best, I use johnsons day cream and don't wait for it to be completely dry before I put it on, it gives the right amount of moisture and better yet it feels like your wearing nothing, if you use a moisturiser that dries in quickly I find they can leave a dry rough canvas and the foundation doesn't sit as nicely. I think with mineral makeup you need to experiment what works with what but defiantly don't give up , if you have extremely dry skin like mine this is worth a try. I used to read reviews from other girls with dry skin and they said the loved mineral foundations and I thought how the hell can you put powder on dry skin? But now I know :). Oh I have light to medium skin and I use the colour second skin

Also just to let you guys know what skin care products I use that have totally changed my skin, all epionce products I use are, gentle foaming cleanser, lytic lite tx, renewal lotion and intensive nourishing cream at night, these products are unreal, I would never put anything else on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Parpar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

My derm said that the liquid foundation I was trying to cover up my zits with, was causing me more zits; what an annoying cycle! She told me her first choice for cover-up was Colourescience, the second was Pur Minerals and the third was BareMinerals. As I have tried the second and third options, and because I didn't like the consistency, coverage or colour, I decided to give Colourescience a try. When I bought it, the woman said a little goes a long way, and for the longest time I didn't like how it looked. I tried it with the circle sponge it came with (heavy coverage), the brush it came with (lighter coverage), and another sponge. I also tried Sephora's mineral powder brush, which was my favourite for a while. As winter came, I was using a sponge, and my sister commented how dark my skin looked. I was using a sponge so it was super heavy coverage, and it looked cakey. Anyways I thought I could get away with not using a brush, but I guess I couldn't. So now I use Jane Iredale's Handy brush I think it is and it's perfect. Also my skin looks way lighter, and more my skin-tone as it's not being covered with much powder. I don't buff it in as weird as that sounds, nor do I apply it in circles/threes. I find that if I just dip my brush in the pigment, shake the excess off and apply it in downward strokes on my face it looks just fine! I have found that less is more indeed. I literally had a few "crumbs" left because I scraped the last bits from the sides and I was surprised how little actually covered my face...I was using so much all along! Oh and the colour seems to work on my skin tone all year long. I started using this about 7 months ago and in the summer it was perfect with my tan, and in the winter it looks great as well. I am olive complexioned and I use warm tan/girl from ipanema! As mentioned before take something and scrap the pigment left on the sides of the compact; I probably got 3 more uses with just that. Also I find no need for the compact as it stays on my face all day, and I don't reapply so if you are like this don't buy the compact just the refill, or you can buy one compact, just in case and keep buying the refills...that is what I do! Coloreescience recently changed their packaging so it's way better than it was before! The cheapest I found in Vancouver, BC to buy the refill was $36 and the compact was $50ish. Also it's highly pigmented so it will cover pigmentation, but of course you can apply it lighter as well. A side note: Colourescience' primers are amazing as well! The chocolate mattiying one, the line tamer...the bronzer is not my favourite but still good! =D

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Lipstickluvah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

To begin, I LOVE this foundation. I had spent many years and many dollars searching for the perfect foundation before I discovered this, about 3 years ago. I *almost* thought I had found it with Bare Minerals, but honestly, that stuff doesn't even remotely compare to Colorescience. I use the pressed pigment, with a buki brush. This product makes it very easy to control the amount of coverage. It has eliminated my need for concealer. I have extremely sensitive skin, prone to breakouts and rashes and flaky dryness if synthetic, chemically makeup even comes near my face. But with Colorescience, my skin has actually IMPROVED. Not only does this makeup provide perfect coverage for a flawless look, it also protects your skin with SPF and improves your skin over time! This is also the only makeup that I have never had to reapply in the evening. I don't even need to touch it up-ever! And it tends to get even better as the day wears on, as it sort of "melts" into your skin, leaving a flawless looking complexion with healthy glow & radiance. I will never use any other foundation!
For reference, I always wore "fair" in Bare Minerals, and MAC NW20, and Colorescience in "light as a feather" is the perfect color for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2011 10:58:00 PM More reviews by ginger85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff. Most mineral powders don't give me the full coverage that my incredibly flawed skin needs but this one meets my incredibly high expectations. After working 7 years in the cosmetics industry I found it difficult to give myself the coverage I desired without clogging my pores. I use this as my foundation and concealer and then set it with a spray to let the minerals sink into my skin. I gives me a natural, dewy look. I like starting with their primers because minerals can have a tendency to settle into the areas I hate sometimes. The primers create a smooth surface for the minerals to glide onto. The Line Tamer has a yellow undertone so it counteracts my red. I'm very happy! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2010 1:09:00 AM More reviews by kjjamm808

After going through mutliple mineral foundations with no luck, I tried the pressed mineral foundation in color Perfekt, and it works really nicely. Gives me the perfect coverage, no irritation and breakout and also gives the skin a nice glow. I like this and Alima powder foundation in Beige 3...

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2009 1:33:00 PM More reviews by androniki

I had to change my review. The bismuth (?) clogged my pores and I have zits now, even on my forehead where I never get any zits! Red itching and terrible. Too expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2008 1:29:00 AM More reviews by livviilee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HANDS DOWN the best foundation I have used, EVER. It is magic with the Line Tamer. I used the colour "All Even" and it is a perfect match to my skin. Other foundations have always been slightly on the pink side - not this one. I wore it to my friend's wedding, and lasted pretty much the whole day - from 11am to 11pm. I had some slight retouches, but these were minor quibbles. I also used this foundation while I did a heavy work-out session and my skin stayed flawless! I have dry skin and somehow this product made my skin look simultaneously moisturised and matt/polished at the same time. You can vary the level of coverage - I used the sponge that came with it on the spots needed lots of coverage, and a kabuki brush overall. Truly magic.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/11/2008 12:49:00 AM More reviews by doORdye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bottome line before you read this long review: I LOVE this foundation!

I used to work in a salon where we carried this line of makeup. We had in-salon training on the products and the lady who did our training had then color matched me to California Girl. I had a feeling it was not the right color, but I think she was new to the company and that color is what "most" women supposedly are. I told her I didnt think it was quite right and she somehow convinced me that no I'm a perfect match to California Girl. So I went with it, ordered a compact, was so excited for it to come in. When our order came in I was all excited to try it out, opened the compact and went, hmm... that's an odd color. Not like any color makeup I've ever put on my face. So I tried it out and I was right, it really was the wrong color. I tried to wear it for a while but it seemed almost orange on me. Not like it oxidized orange, it just looked orange-ish from the beginning. So I stopped wearing it, gave it to a co-worker, and went on to other makeups.

I no longer work for that salon but recently decided I wanted to give Colorscience another try, but I wanted to pick the color myself. I've been wearing BE (in Fairly Light) for a while and I do love the finish of it, the coverage it gives, and the fact that I do not break out from it. But lately it's really been annoying how long my makeup application takes. So I googled Colorescience to find out where I could get a compact and ended up ordering from skinstore.com. Placed my order (in Light As a Feather), and then found out a couple days later that they were actually out of stock of my color. But it had already been charged to my account so I decided to wait the 5 days they told me that it should take for the backorder. I waited another week and still nothing. Called them up again and found out it could take another 2 to 3 weeks for some odd reason. I was like ok forget it, cancel my order! So then I placed an order from skincarerx.com. Same price and free shipping! And I got it in 3 days!

On to the actual makeup! I absolutely love it! Ok so I've only used it today so far, but I am in love. It LITERALLY took me 10 seconds to do my foundation today. Normally with my BE it takes me a good 3 to 4 minutes just to put on foundation with all the swirling, tapping, and buff, buff, buffing. I used the sponge that it comes with and while the sponge does kind of look cheap, I think it works well with this makeup. I just glided it on the makeup to pick up some of the pigment, glided it on my skin, pressed a little more to areas that need a bit more coverage (acne scars) and then I used my BE concealer brush to pick up some and apply to my under-eye and eyelids. I'm amazed how easy it was, how wonderfully this color blends with my fair skin, and how well it covers! The finish is awesome as well. It really is my skin only better! I used a little bit of my BE mineral veil on areas that tend to get a little shiny - forehead, nose, right on both sides of my nose. and I was set. Did the rest of my makeup and I was done in less than 10 minutes. As of right now this is HG status! My search for a less time consuming mineral makeup with flaweless coverage has ended!

The compact comes with 2 sponges which is really nice. I dont think they are washable though. The makeup itself does have an interesting smell. It used to bother me when I first tried this makeup, but not so much now. It's kind of just an herbal smell. Nothing horrible.

I should mention I wear Neutrogena Fresh Moisture, and BE Prime Time under my foundation, and I set it all when I'm done with MUFE Mist & Fix.

Edit: I no longer wear this. I dont know why but it stopped working well for me. It started to look cakey and that "shine" that's common with mineral makeups started looking more pronounced. Normally that wouldn't bother me, but I started trying out other liquids and powders and when I tried to go back to this, I just couldn't like it. The search for my HG continues.......

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2008 8:14:00 PM More reviews by Nikki16519

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my breakthrough discovery of the year. I love this stuff. I use Light as a Feather. I'm NC15 to NC 25. This takes Bare Escentuals and kicks it up and down the stairs. It lasts, its waterproof, it has amazing sunblocking capability, it doesn't break me out. It is wonderful. It covers everything you want it to. I put it on with a fluffy brush , use a concealer brush for imperfections (acne scars, dark circles, the pimples I get sometimes), blend it in with a sponge a little. It looks like it glows, but it's not shiny. That seems like a contradiction in terms, but that is the only way to describe it. It has an herbal smell that I enjoy. It is expensive. The compact was $50 and the refills are $36. I won't be without this stuff ever! EDIT: I had to share how well this product protects my super pale skin from the sun. I spent three days at an outdoor concert. Every day was sunny and hot. In the morning, I used this foundation and with revlon colorstay (spf 10) and no other sunblock on my face, and I didn't reapply because I didn't bring my makeup with me to an all day concert. I did bring a can of spray sunscreen SPF 55 in my bag for my body. I reapplied this three times a day. At the end of this three day extravaganza, I was burned everywhere except my face. I was hot and sweaty and jumping around and smashing into other people, and this powder lasted through all of that. I didn't even touch it up through the day! The chemical spray maybe saved me from getting horribly sunburned on my body as opposed to badly sunburned, but my face was ghostly pale using just one application of foundation. If you are serious about sun protection, this product is 100 times better than any can or bottle full of chemicals that barely protect you from the sun.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No