October 22, 2014 | 930 users online

Polishes - SinfulColors - Vacation Time

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2014 3:47:00 PM More reviews by DontMakeASound

This color is alright, and I might buy it again. It's like a dusty dark pink that in some lights looks brown-ish.

The formula is slightly thick but not too bad. The only downfall about it is that it chips somewhat fast so I recommend using a good topcoat.

If you like the color, get it! For a $2 polish it is pretty good. I like it for something that wont really stand out yet its not as boring as a nude polish.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 10:58:00 PM More reviews by bandabug

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Let me start by saying this polish looked *nothing* on my hands like it did in the bottle! I thought it would be a brownish-mauvey/rose, but it was more of a tannish terracotta on my nails. I just didn't like the color...too warm for my taste. It made me think of the MAC Spice lip pencil in nail polish form -- it was that same shade. Yes, it's neutral, but not necessarily all that inspiring. I guess, either you love it (as many previous reviewers obviously do) or you don't. To me, it's sort of blah and boring. I do have to say that the polish applied very evenly with a nice opaque finish after two coats. And it only cost me a buck on sale at Walgreens -- bonus! All said, I think I'll save this for my toes in summer when I have a bit of a tan. Otherwise, it's just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by ariesdiva330

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

An excellent nude/neutral color! Great wear and excellent application. A MUST-HAVE in my collection

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2014 10:33:00 PM More reviews by kymomandstuff

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I came across this polish while searching for the perfect my skintone color for a mannequin nails look.This color is the perfect match for my Cherokee/tan skin.The formula is comparable to my higher end polishes at a fraction of the cost,and it will look good on many skin tones.While there's nothing particularly exciting about it,I don't consider it grandma-ish either.I'm really loving a more neutral nail lately,and this accomplishes that as well.Would definitely repurchase.Beware that not all Sinful Colors polishes have a great formula like this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Curlybird

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a brown-pink polish in the same family as OPI's Barefoot in Barcelona, only more pink. Vacation Time is a deep rose with brown undertones.

These colors look great on people with warmer and/or darker skin tones, but not so much on the cool-toned ladies such as myself. The formula is thin but builds nicely to a streak-free finish in two coats.

You know it could look good but it's not "me". I think it's called Vacation Time because it's a work-friendly polish color. I imagine staring at my nails after a hard week at work and thinking- vacation time!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2013 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Crystal101

I love sinful colors. Ever since I started painting my nails I have used these colors.I love the pinks and purples and blues and well basically all of them. I love the glitter ones. I recommend buying these nail polishes!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was a top rated product from Make Up Alley. I happened to have this in my untrieds so I was excited to pull this out for a nice fall manicure. After using this I disagree with that recommendation. The formula on this is really thin though and this goes on streaky. The polish tended to want to run and it's more work to get an even layer of this. The second coat did even it out a lot but I was able to put it on a bit thicker. This is a warm rosy shade and I kept thinking I had something like it already. After looking in my stash I found China Glaze's Dress Me Up and side by side these are sister polishes. Dress Me Up is a shade lighter and not as rosy. I really wanted to like this polish once I got it on, but it is so boring and nothing about it really stands out and makes me want to look at my pretty nails. It really needs some shimmer or a golden inner glow or something. I am already bored with it and it has only been a day. Even though this isn't much of a stand alone shade, it is great for doing nail art and I like the warmth and the creamy woodrose color overall. With my skintone it really does nothing for me, although on someone else this will probably look fabulous. It is a bargain at only .99 on sale. I wouldn't get it again though since I have the similar shade in Dress Me Up and I like the China Glaze formula and color better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 3:18:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This color is a gorgeous muted coral pink that immediately brightens my skin, and I think it's a color that would look great on all skin tones. Two coats get full coverage

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2013 8:53:00 PM More reviews by ClassyNeverTrashy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I will not lie, I tend to shop by brand.
I do not care how cute, cheap, etc. wet and wild, sinful colors, nyc, etc. makeup brand cosmetics are. I will ultimately opt for the more "luxurious" drugstore cosmetics.
But anyway, my local pharmacy carries mostly cheaper brands and I wanted a light brown polish.
Okay it looks coral in the pics, in real life its more brownish/nude with a hint of orange to it.
So I got it, why not? It was two bucks.
Anyway, it's great. I hate to admit it. Dries quick, doesn't really chip and I've had it for a while and it lasts!!!
I guess I'd buy it again if I was tight on money hahaha.
While I'm here writing a review on this, go out and buy wet and wild matte top coat!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by ora613

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

MUA you done me wrong! The top-rated polish? Really? This has to be the most boring, grandma color in my stash. I mean, I *am* a grandma, but still. I gave this four stars because of the price--spare change--and the quality. The damn thing wears like iron. After around ten days I could finally take it off because of the new growth near my cuticles but the tips showed not a single chip. It has already been noted that this color is misnamed, since it's definitely for work (especially if you work in the funeral business). I think a better name might be "Inoffensive."
I will try this brand again if I can find a color more to my taste, ie OPI Mon-sooner or Later and Ate Berries in the Canaries, and Essie Playdate, all of which I am grateful for discovering here. But have pity, ladies. Those of us who can no longer wear, say, emerald eyeliner still need some joy. I think I'll pawn off Vacation Time on my mother (she's 101!) although she does like a little sparkle in her top coat :)

23 out of 25 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No