October 23, 2014 | 1617 users online

Palettes - MAC - Shadowy Lady Quad - Cult of Cherry

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2010 3:55:00 AM More reviews by Melohhdee

i would have to agree with SadAng3l review on this product. i thought it was just my palette that had bad pigmentation. this isn't a palette that i reach for often because it takes a lot of time for me to apply the color due to the pigmentation. its great when everything is applied. very pretty combo's, but unless you're willing to take time to apply it, it's a no go for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2010 10:54:00 PM More reviews by eskimo122

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

wow, so this is why everyone buys mac! this quad was my first mac purchase and i was not disappointed. the colors are very pretty, but i was more impressed with the texture and application of the product. there was NO FALLOUT, even with the dark colors that come in this set. the light muted pink is kind of a dud but the other 3 colors are great, especially the vibrant blue. the dark purple was not as pigmented as i was expecting but its great to use with the lighter shimmery purple. they have good staying power if applied over a primer. i will be purchasing more mac in the future

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2010 5:25:00 AM More reviews by LIZlawlz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite MAC quad. I use all of the colors quite regularly. It is great for smokey eyes OR softer looks.

The colors are:
Lightfall - a pink, pale, highlight color. not super pigmented but very soft and good for blending.

Smudged Violet - a shimmery gray purple color

Deep Truth - a GORGEOUSLY pigmented cobalt blue with shimmer and black undertones

Shadowy Lady - A lovely deep plum matte color great for blending smokey eyes or to use as a liner.

This palette is WONDERFUL for the price, and I've been using it for at least a year, probably two? And not sick of it at all

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2010 8:30:00 PM More reviews by TheZombiesAteMyEyeliner

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i am doing a review on the shade LIGHTFALL! that is the only shade from this quad that i have. Its not pigmented so i didnt kno how i was gunna use this. i put my udpp on, then put this all over my lid up to my brow and it really evens out my lids and makes my shadows brighter and last longer. in the summer my shadows crease but i wore this combo today and it lasted!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2010 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Blingbling07

This is my first review!!! yay! haha anyway. I got this quad at the CCO, for only 24.50! which is a great deal for Mac products. And i love love love these colors! Especially Smudged Violet, it is so very unique, and build-able to make more intense or just a settle, muted color. Deep Truth is a SUPER gorgeous shade of blue, which you can make really intense or just a thin layer of color. It's very unique too, it shows up rather black, but has a blue sheen, it's really pretty, shadowy lady is really nice too, it's a good, not shimmery dark purple that is very pigmented. The only color i do not like is Light Falls, the lightest pink in this quad. I don't like the texture, and it's not as pigmented as it could be. Plus maybe my skintone is a little darker, it just blends away, like nothing's there. But overall i love the other 3 colors, and this quad is great, =) I won't buy it again though, just because if i were out of these shadows i would want to try something new =)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2010 12:39:00 AM More reviews by hdh41795

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I found this at my CCO and I love it! I can make many different looks with this. I would buy this again!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2010 1:32:00 PM More reviews by SadAng3l

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this along with the Spiced Chocolate quad which was a big disappointment. I payed quite a bit for it as it was not available anymore when I looked for it. The colours in this palette are:

Lightfall - A pinkish, biege highlight colour
Smudged Violet - A greyish, shimmery purple
Shadowy Lady - A dark matt purple
Deep Truth - A dark shimmery blue

In the palette the colours look really pretty. The colour payoff for Shadowy Lady and Lightfall when swatched though is not that great. Lightfall doesn't show up at all really. Deep Truth is a very pretty dark blue but I don't know how I could wear it without it being too much. Shadowy Lady and Smudged Violet are also great colours but the pigmentation could be better.

All in all its a good palette but its not worth the big price to be honest.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2010 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Crazybunnygirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Starting out in makeup, everyone says "if you have brown eyes, purples look great" so I opted for a good quality pallette with lots of purples. I tried it out, and honestly, I just looked so brooding and avril-lavigne-y I couldn't really wear it anymore. I swapped it away.
The best look I did with this pallette was on Halloween where I made bruises all over my face and neck adn arms to look liek I'd been beaten up, so, if that's the look you're going for, then it's perfect.

I liked smudged violet. It's sort of a muted, grey-ish purple with lots of gold pink and i think blue shimmer. Beautiful color, but nothing I'm too attached to.
Shadowy Lady was probably my favorite, but I can just pick that up anytime at the MAC store.

Would not buy again and was very disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2010 1:38:00 PM More reviews by squishie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have one of these quads and have actually purchased another one recently that should be on it's way already :D

As many have also said, i love smudge violet. It's such a great base colour to start off with and use it as the blend between the dark eyeshadow up to the highlight colour. It's so pretty i havent seen any colour like it. It's almost a silver with a touch of purple that it almost looks like a dirty brown? I cannot wear silver at all! It looks so terrible on me and doesn't suit at all but this is more of a grey purple and i repurchased mainly for this colour :) However my main disappointment is i swiped this with my finger a few times, the eyeshadow has harder spots and clumped up a lot. I do not have water or oil on my fingers so i guess this shade is more sensitive? Only use a brush for this colour, my pan is clumpy and messy looking only after 3 uses :(

I'm a bit disappointed in the pigmentation of the shades though. Lightfall is the worst. I'm fair - medium skin toned and lightfall does not show up at all! I can't tell what colour it is. I can see it looks a bit like a grey pink on my finger but the colour does not come off/show. As people stated it is a highlighter, maybe for dark skin tones only? Even crappy powder foundation is more pigmented than this =/

Deep truth is such a lovely blue. I'm not a person who can get away with bold bright colours, however i love rich blues and at first i was disappointed this was a bit dulled out and not as rich, but its actually a very wearable blue for me. However i have to swipe this 10 times (finger) to get the colour to come through.

Shadowy lady is a nice deep purple. It almost can pass as a brown with purple tones. As someone who mostly only wears neutrals, this is a nice change from the typical browns without straying too far.
Not the best shade in the quad but definately one with the best pigmentation and simple hassle free. Colour goes on easily, no clumps at all.

I would recommend this quad for the smudge violet and shadowy lady but the colours are hard to show even after a lot of packing on. Also hate the clumping as i need to scrap the whole harden layer off and waste a lot of the eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2010 12:05:00 AM More reviews by MIJA_97

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I LOVEEEEEEE this quad!!! I was so happy to find it at my CCO for $24.50! I love every color SPECIALLY shadowy lady and deep truth! OMG! this quad is LOOOOOOVEEEEEEEE!!