September 21, 2014 | 992 users online

Concealers - BeneFit Cosmetics - Powderflage

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 9:55:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just rediscovered this in my stash and I'm in love. Got this several years ago (I think this might be discontinued now??). It's a brightening under eye powder. Used it, it made a nice makeup setter but didn't really brighten. At the time I was using lighter concealers with a less heavy consistency. Always forgot this as an extra step. Fast forward several years and add some dark circles/bags. I've been using and loving Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer, which is a very think creme. Because of the consistency, it has a bit of a shine/oily sheen. Guess what... Threw this over the top and perfection. Concealer looks like my skin! It's a massive difference. If u can still get this or have it somewhere forgotten, grab it and try with some of the newer concealers on the market! I love it! Lasts all day, doesn't get it fine lines and sets concealer nicely!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by babeybearz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm surprised this doesn't have better reviews. I love this stuff. I was using Laura Mercier's Secret Brightening Powder for quite a while and then swapped for some of this, not really expecting much after reading all the reviews. It turns out that I like this stuff way better than the Laura Mercier powder. I think the main difference is that this powder is pink-toned, so after applying it gives a noticeable brightening/lightening effect to the under-eye area, but without a white tone to it - it's more natural looking. The Laura Mercier powder brightens and lightens, but also makes your under-eye area look white. I kind of like the lightening/brightening effect WITHOUT the white better. I also think the Powderflage settles into fine lines less than the Laura Mercier powder. Right after applying the Powderflage, I always see a noticeable difference in the appearance of my under-eye area and it's always very pleasing! I've already purchased another one of these and will continue to use it for a long time. Also, I wanted to add that I use the little application brush that came with this product and I think it works fantastically. Perhaps if you're not getting the best results with your Powderflage, you should try using the brush that comes with it since it's meant to apply it in a single layer to prevent that cakey look. I usually don't use makeup brushes or applicators that come with the products, but this one is great! It's looks like a tiny little miniature fan brush like the kind you'd use for blush. When I use this, I get better results than I do when I use other brushes (like small powder brushes). Anyway, highly recommend this product! Try it out and play around with it. Works super well for me. :)

UPDATE 12/21/13 - I still love this product and swear by it. I use it every singly day under my eyes after applying corrector to the area. It still gives me the same beautiful, buffed out look and minimizes the appearance of fine lines under the eyes. As I've mentioned in other reviews, I particularly like how this powder doesn't have such a WHITE appearance after applying (like some other undereye powders), but is more of a natural color because of the pink. I have a couple of these on hand and will continue to purchase as long as it's available. Oh, and I still recommend using the small fan brush they include with this product for application - I'm convinced that has a lot to do with how the product goes on and getting the right amount of product (as opposed to too much, which makes it look cakier).

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Krystallulu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

The package caught my attention because it's pretty adorable. But the product itself, not so much. My expectation was that it would act as a finishing powder for under eye area, but it only leaves a weird bright white color which made the under eye puffiness more obvious :( I've tried to use it a different way but none of them worked for me. And it was so expensive compare to other concealing powder that are better at covering blemishes, I will not buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by thupham2

Obviously the more expectations you place on the Powderfage, the more disappointment you will be met with. People who assume that the "powderflage" will "camouflage" their dark circles will be in for an unpleasant surprise. No matter what a product claims, it helps to know that for some cosmetic types like powders, they can't always do 100% of what is claimed on the package. They cannot replace a cream, heavy-duty under-eye concealer. So I came in with an open eye and did not expect this powder to "conceal". To brighten? Yes, I did expect that, and it did work subtly and beautifully.
The best thing about this powder is that it is silicone based and so it migrates into all your little nooks and crannies around the eyes tactfully without any product build-up. As a very silky, light-weight powder. it sets my concealer beautifully without looking cakey or heavy - especially after I've used a thick heavy-coverage concealer & am worried that my normal face powder will be too thick to set it with.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2012 2:19:00 PM More reviews by TennysonGrace

This stuff is just ok. It doesn't really conceal much, but you can use it to brighten the undereye area. Overall its not worth the money for its claims.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 3:17:00 PM More reviews by JulieLN

This is amazing! It prevents my concealers from creasing and caking up.
But my best combination with this product is Ooh la lift from benefit too, which is an eye brightener. Buy it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 1:30:00 PM More reviews by LookingGood85

I bought this after hearing mega reviews from friends. Bought it and was a bit "meh". wasnt spectacular.In the end i found a use for it, setting my concealer. It adds extra brightness which is good i guess.

Im not a fan of their powderflage brush. There is NO point to it. Its too small, the bristles waaaaay to thick and coarse, they dont pick up any powder!!!! I use a No7 blending brush to put on,
The pot is fiddly too. A normal pot would have been much better instead of the globe!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by judywapner

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this product for setting my concealer. It prevents caking or creasing and sets my concealer all day. It definitely DOES NOT conceal on its own, though! I feel like it does brighten my eye area a little, and the texture is silky smooth.

The little ball it comes in is alright, a tonne of product comes through the little grill when you twist it open, you just gotta remember not to tilt it at all. And it stays closed tight, so you can keep it in your purse or whatever and not worry about spills.

I've had this a loooooong time so I really don't remember what it cost, but there's still and tonne of powder in that tiny little ball with no end in sight, so I think it must have been a pretty good deal!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by prettyvalerina

Well was I surprised! When I went to test this in Ulta I asked myself "how is this powder supposed to do all that it claims to do?!" it was so transparent, no thickness whatsoever. So needless to say I was VERY skeptical so much that I almost didn't buy it. But finally I figured what did I have to lose. Anyway I use this AFTER my concealer. On top of it. It brightens and helps the concealer not crease as it did before I had powderflage. I hope benefit never discontinues this, I'd be so lost without this miracle powder!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 10:18:00 AM More reviews by marielad

i want to start off by saying this is NOT a brightening product!

i am a concealer addicted woman. why you ask? i have crazy dark circles that i inherited. dark grey/purple nasty dark circles. i dont count on powderflage to conceal anything, really.

the only thing this does for me, which is ALL i ask for...is that it keeps my concealer on ALLLLL day. im talking over 12 hours...

i can not wear concealer under my eyes without this. for years i would set my conealer with MAC msf natural and i woudl literally reapply concealer and powder like a madwoman. Now, i barely look in the mirror because i KNOW my concealer is in tact.

i apply my concealer, bring out my podwerflage, and lightly pack it on with my mac 227. PERFECTION!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No