FX Special Effects - Flat Iron Spray

3.5

on 12/24/2014 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

FX Flat Iron spray is a product I picked up at HEB when I needed something right now to fix my hair with and I couldn't run to the beauty supply store or ULTA. So I grabbed this up thinking it would do as a stand in for my Kenra spray in a pinch. I have been using this for a month now and it does work, but I hate the sprayer. It won't depress evenly and the spray comes out unevenly and in large particles and in random bursts. I want a steady even fine particulate mist. This feels sticky when you spray it on and Ugh! Now to the good part. This stuff really works. My hair is beautifully straight and the flat iron just glides right through my hair using this. It keeps my hair straight for days and days. I live in a tropical zone and humidity is a fact of life even in winter, but unless it's actually misty out or 99% humidity this does keep my hair from the frizzies and helps it stay smooth and straight for about 5 days. I like that it isn't crunchy when it sprays on like my Kenra spray is. I like that it keeps my hair smooth after using my flat iron. I don't like the way the spray comes out. It is very difficult to get a good even spray as the pump is hard to press down and tends to spray in short bursts and it won't depress all the way down for a good even spray. The first two ingredients are #1 water and #2 alcohol. My hair is dry enough and does not need any alcohol on it to cause more damage and dryness. I used some hair oil to put the moisture back in. This does not leave my hair stiff or crunchy at all but I don't like the spray pump at all. If the pump dispenser worked better and gave me a finer more even mist and I was able to actually depress it fully instead of the choppy bursts I would be a lot happier with this. I might or might not buy this again. I think I would see what else was available on the market shelf and compare, but I would consider this as an option too. I don't remember the price I paid but they are sold at Walmart online as a 2 pack (6 fl. oz each) for $8.94. I'd say it's worth that. It works and once you get past the crappy application, it does what it claims and my hair looks great while using this product. I've been using this for a month now and I am satisfied with the results once you get it out of the bottle. Maybe I simply got a bad sprayer on mine. Other than that the product is great.

on 7/6/2013 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is a good product over all. I'm happy with the shiny, straight hair after using it and it's a good price for what I'm getting. I've noticed less heat damage to my ends since I've started using this. It leaves my hair softer and smoother than other products.

It's about $5 at my local Walmart, but it's lasted me a long time so I'm happy with it. The spray nozzle makes it kind of streamlined, so occasionally I find it leaves my hair a bit wet for heat and I have to let it sit before straightening.

on 12/1/2012 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Best heat protectant product I have ever used! It comes in a unique bottle and you can buy it at any drugstore! Doesn't smell too great, but smells a lot better than some of the other hair products out there! This leaves my hair soft, silky, and shiny. I use it everyday! I pair it with FX Brazilian Silk Serum & my hair looks and feels amazing!(: No more frizzies for me! Would buy again, would recommend to a friend!(:

on 10/5/2012 10:54:00 PM

Best flat iron spray I have found. It doesn't leave my hair crunchy and totally prevents fly-aways. It also leaves my hair smooth and the smell isn't harsh.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the best flat iron spray I've used.It makes my hair soft.It helps my hair straighten quicker.I notice I don't have has many fly-aways either.Love this stuff:)

on 7/11/2012 8:11:00 PM

I love this stuff so much! I use it when I straighten my hair. it's the only product that gets my hair straight. It's great and it protects hair from heat. It also makes my hair very soft. However, I find if you use too much it gets a little sticky:/ other then that, I reccomend it!

on 8/4/2011 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is not my favorite product, but i would buy this if the store ran out of the product I'm using now. Good side: It's cheap (under $5 @ walmart online), and it leaves my hair shiny. Bad side: it doesn't smell very good, it's sticky, the bottle leaks and like someone else said, it sprays kind of just directly on one part instead of misting, dries out my ends. Not sure if it actually works from heat protection as my hair is kind of fried, but i do iron my hair very often.

on 2/12/2011 5:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Meh. This is the first heat protection product I've tried since I've started straightening my hair more and playing with it more often, so I don't have much to compare it to. The smell is OK... not awful, but not fantastic. No real complaints there. However, I don't think it's protecting my hair very well because I'm getting quite a bit of breakage. Perhaps it's just me over worrying about my hair since I'm new to fixing it up, but it's a bit bothersome and I will be trying a different brand. For the price, it's worth trying it to see if it works for you but with my experience, it kind of sucks.

on 2/5/2011 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I bought this for 2.99 at Riteaid. I spayed on my highlighted shoulder lengthed hair and then used my Instyler. I think it left my hair shiny and silky feeling; mind you I have thick and coarsse, wavy hair. The smell is not that good but not horrible either and I can't really smell it on my hair afterward. I wanted the Chi shine spray but not the 14.00 price tag. I would definately buy again. Its worth way more than 2.99.

on 10/13/2010 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I personally didn't like this. While it smells fine and your hair is sooo silky after straightening.... This did not give my hair any heat protection. My hair is now VERY fried. I had to do several deep conditioning treatments to get the texture back to normal hair texture.