October 1, 2014 | 1692 users online

Lipstick - Urban Decay - Revolution (old formulation pre summer 2013)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2013 3:10:00 PM More reviews by SkullGlitter

What the hell, how did I resist these for so long!?! I tried a few shades on my hand in store and thought the color selection was lovely and the pigmentation was A+ but I was put off by the price tag ($22 standard) and wasn't specifically looking for a new lipstick. After giving F-Bomb another try, on my lips instead of my hand, I was amazed. And now I feel wonderful about buying these and wouldn't worry about the pricetag.

The claims for this are all true. "Creamy, badass luxury. Our Pigment Infusion System delivers insane color payoff with creamy shine, Maxi-Lip plumps and nourishing oils leave lips cushiony soft." The glide is creamy and smooth but not buttery. The pigmentation is extreme and the finish is satiny and looks creamy. Now, for me, the most important is not killing my lips' moisture... this just melded with my lips with a soft, powdery feel when my lips meet. The oils are wonderful for my lips and don't cause the lippie to wander into cracks and crevices or outside where it was applied.

I don't lean towards the bright red lipsticks, but I love F-Bomb. Streak and Obsessed caught my attention immediately. All lovely.

I really loved the older lipstick packaging with the dagger and filigree work on the outside of the case, but the Revolution lipstick packaging is so sleek and wonderful that I don't miss it overmuch. The lipstick doesn't feel weak in the tube so I'm not afraid of it breaking off when bustling around inside my purse.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by melangerehab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Bought this on sale for three dollars. Pretty color, but not very wearable most of the time, you have to keep the rest of your makeup very toned down in order to pull this off. I think a red should be more versatile. I like the texture but it doesn't stay as long as I'd like, so I wouldn't get it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by veganrebecca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So, I thought I'd give this red, red lipstick a try. Bought it online. Put some on. Looked rather bright and unnatural... not something I'd normally feel comfortable in, but I thought I'd be bold (well, in the safety of my own home - I didn't go out with it on).

Husband comes home. He pretty much never comments on my makeup. Took a look at me and said, "You look like a clown."

Well... I appreciate the honest feedback, I GUESS. Decided that color is not for me, haven't worn it again. Well, that's not quite true - I did try to put on just a tiny bit, using it as a stain... it still looks too bright, somehow, on me.

It's just the color that I don't like. I should add: on me, this is not a red red, it is a pinkish red. But I'll always think of it as clown red :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by hMFdeeezy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick! It's such a pretty color and even though I'm like a nc30 it looks gorgeous on me. It's super creamy and VERY pigmented! It's my go to red & just looks classy! I love it !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2011 9:13:00 PM More reviews by lusciouspreciousluv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I love red lipstick. Revolution is the best ultimate red lipstick I can find today vs. my hall-of-fame, all time favorite from l'oreal in true cherry that was discontinued moons ago. It is extremely intense, satin, in your face red with blue undertones. I favor this over MAC Red. Will repurchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 2:13:00 PM More reviews by veganbonnie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Egads, this is the brightest red on the market it seems. It is so very red that sometimes I feel kind of nervous about wearing it. It is a lovely texture, though, it glides on and stays on for a long time without drying. But man, it's red! I mean RED!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2011 9:11:00 PM More reviews by rubywoo91

I picked this up on a whim for 2.99 in tj hughes, never having experimented with lipstick much before. Well! I really love revolution, it started my lipstick obsession of the past few months. It is a very intense shade of red if I apply it straight, so I keep it for parties/nights out, but if you take a brush and daub it gently onto your lips it can also come out a pretty deep pink that is suitable for daytime. The packaging is also really pretty and discreet, the only negative thing I would say is it drys my lips out a little.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2011 5:01:00 AM More reviews by makeupaholic83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Amazing color and pigmentation, a gorgeous bright cherry red. I absolutely love the colour, the best red i've ever seen!!!
Also, the formula is super smooth and it litterally glides onto the lips, 1 sweep and you're ready to go!!!
Just 1 complain: IT DOES NOT LAST LONG!! if you don't drink/eat or smoke it may last 2-3 hours, not longer than that tough!
I'm not a smoker but I drink a lot, so after a while I end up with pachy lips!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2010 4:50:00 PM More reviews by mrsWard

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love UD anyways and I had fallen in love with RUSH so I let the lady at Ulta talk me into trying Revolution on. I LOVED IT..UD never ceases to amaze me. I am a darker skinned black woman so Ive never really considered red lips but I think it looks best on me!! I love the smell and it doesn't taste horrible. Also, I never have to reapply when I go out for the night, esp when I use my lip primer. This it totally worth the 22 bucks. I went to shop around to look at other reds afterwards and no others can compare. This is a True Red!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2010 8:52:00 PM More reviews by puffinrose

Fabulous lipstick! This is one of my all time favorites. Goes in a true red, dies down to a deep berry colour. Which is not what I expected when I got this product, but now I love it! Also, it is super moisturizing. I would not apply lip balm under or over it. It lasted me half the day without reapplying, it did fade..but did so beautifully.