October 24, 2014 | 875 users online

Eye Shadow - Laura Mercier - Eye Colour

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2014 9:25:00 PM More reviews by KBRed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I spent a LOT of money on the petite Bonbons holiday palettes and almost EVERY single one of the 30 shades turns into the same muddy shade of brownish gray on my lid. I won't even use it anymore and it's a shame because it was really expensive and I was super excited about the beautiful rainbow of colors. I've never had this problem with any of my naked palettes. NOT WORTH IT!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 6:41:00 PM More reviews by angiedairou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

MY HG of shadows. Over 40 and can't do shimmery, but Laura Mercier matte are perfection, last all day and doesn't give me the creasy crumply look. I love the custom compact.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/27/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by toulose

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the eye basics. I love the lipsticks. I hope to dissuade you from buying the mahogony eye shadow that is supposedly wet/dry. It really doesn't deliver, a complete waste of money.
Elizabeth Arden's dual perfection is the only way to go if this is any comparison. Save your dollars

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by vuvie

Texture - softest eye shadow I've ever tried but then again, I don't use much eye shadow much as I don't like the way they grate at my sensitive skin. So soft! So buttery!! All this time I've been using Laura Mercier Creme Colour which is another great option for people who cannot stand eye shadow.

I have 2 eye colour:
Gold Dust
Seashell Pink (Sateen)

Gold Dust is very light gold but not white. Use this as brow and inner eye highlighter.
Seashell Pink is very light pink with gold undertones (and most probably flecks too). It is Gold Dust with pink.
Both colours are pretty sheer.

So these 2 colours are very pleasant and suitable for people who wants to achieve the healthy barely there look.

See the colours here:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 6:28:00 PM More reviews by liz48170

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like the LM line. I find that as I am growing older, the "no make up make up" looks the best on me that is, natural. I need definition to my eyes, and this in the vanilla nuts, cafe au lait and coffee grounds are my 3 go to colors for definition and lining. I also have gosh knows how many other LM colors in a book of colors. The Kir Royal is gorgeous purple and I use for evenings or a more dramatic look, or as a liner. I love the fact that I can take out the pan and refill the pan that I need. I run out of the lighter colors the most. In many pallates, I run out of my go to colors first and then have alot of specialty colors that I use once in a while. The pans allow me to customize for my every day look, refill what I need, and have it at my fingertips. Yes, it costs more. I buy when it is on sale. I find that I save money in the long run as the drugstore makeup is so poorly packaged, i end up throwing away a $5 - $10.00 item due to poor packaging. With the LM, I get better quality and better packaging thus, my go to day look is at my fingertips and doesn't fall apart every few months, I can re purchase the lighter color more often (re fills), and the colors that I use for lining and eyebrows (Coffee Grounds) will last me 3 yrs. It is all about quick fast easy good looks from LM. Can't complain.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2012 12:38:00 AM More reviews by artemistzitzikilakis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

These come in luster, sateen and matte. Only the matte have enough pigment to really use. Plum Smoke is good for the crease, but there are not enough colors in the matte collection and they are either dark or really light but not midtone like the Plum Smoke. Nothing special.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2012 10:40:00 AM More reviews by spyral

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've used every kind of shadow that's out there and my favorite formula is Laura Mercier by far. There are various finishes: matte, sateen, sequin and luster and I adore them all. They are buildable, blendable, smooth and long lasting. The colors are sophisticated but not without flair. They are gorgeous. After using her products for a month or so I learned that Laura Mercier got her start as a painter and fell in love with doing portraits. As a painter myself, I can really appreciate the hard work it must have taken to create eyeshadows with such lovely pigmentation and texture.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 9:59:00 PM More reviews by angelinuh

I wear the Laura Mercier Sateen Eye Colour in African Violet. It is like a light-medium purple with small gold flecks that blend perfectly into the purple color. It is so beautiful and so perfect for my hazel eyes that I use it all the time and people always compliment me on it. It is neither too purple or too gold, but a perfect satiny/slight shimmer finish. I wear it to work nearly everyday because it is so easy and lasts all day. Merci bien a vous, Madame Mercier!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2011 3:40:00 AM More reviews by laurall

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in Vanilla Nuts and African Violet. They work really well on my blue eyes, and the African Violet especially is buildable for a subtler daily look or for a night look. Highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2010 12:25:00 AM More reviews by hoangrl

I bought a LM palette at xmas. It has 6 shades, 2 matte, 2 Sateen, 2 pearl. The colours, are vanilla nuts, coffee ground, gold, green, light pink and Kir Royal. sorry i cant remeber that the other 3 are called. Once i look again i will update this review.

I also bought LM limited edition baked eyeshadow set.

of the 2 sets, i prefer the 6 colour one more. The baked shades, go on best wet to get colour on your lids. The reviewer below is right in that it is kinda chalky when dry. But it is a really beautful neutral shimmery colour (but not overly shimmery!)

LM eyeshadows are really nice. they are really well pigmented the colour lasts me all day (even withought primer). they blend well just great quality in general. My 6 colour palette gives me endless combinations! I like coffee ground, its a great shade for me to fill in my eyebrows. it also works well as a creae colour.

the only bad thing i can say about LM is the price... My palette both cost me about $50 AUS. but the packaging is sturdy and they are good to mix and mathc the eye colours so good for travelling.

one other thing is that the palettes give you a brush, and OMG, LM brushes are really great!!! they pick up colour so well and it deposits on your lids so well! The eyeshadow brush and crease brush travel duo is my staple every day! I would buy these brushes separatly if i could!! but they are soo pricey! if anyone doesnt like theirs contact me and i would be happy to take them off you!