October 31, 2014 | 1412 users online

Hair Removal - Nair - Shower Power Hair Remover

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2014 5:23:00 AM More reviews by TennilleES

This does work on fairly short hair in three minutes before showering as it says so when I want to save time I would re-purchase

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Susan2148A

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My friend swears by this stuff, so I had to try it. I'm giving it two lippies because it did remove the hair from my knees on down. But I used it yesterday, and today my shins are almost as stubbly as if I had shaved yesterday. Okay, now I have to say, I am almost miserable after having used this (and mis-used, I must admit). I read the directions (no, I did not test in an inconspicuous place) and followed the directions (almost). I applied it to my legs and my underarms, and (blushing at the stupidity of it) my chin. Go ahead, laugh. Point fingers. I used the sponge to remove the product (throw that thing away and just use a washcloth). In fact, the sponge became so slimy that I finished removal with a washcloth. Almost immediately my underarms felt incredibly burned and painful (and fine, so did my chin, if you must know). My underarms (yes, and my chin) burned and hurt all of yesterday afternoon. I applied baby powder to my underarms several times, with little comfort. Later in the day, my thighs started burning. This morning, my underarms are still very store, and my chin is covered in large, red blotches the type of which I haven't seen since I had cystic acne flare-ups. Thank goodness I do not have to leave the house today. I have applied A&D Ointment to my chin with the hopes the redness will go away before tomorrow. The ointment relieved the pain. I have to have my car worked on and there's nothing worse than being a woman and going into a car dealership, except going in with a red, shiny, greasy splotchy chin. Ladies, putting it on my chin is the dumbest thing I've done this week, and I don't recommend it. I don't recommend this stuff at all, actually. It removes a bit of hair, but at what cost?? Oh, I bought the product that's in the pump bottle and for sensitive skin. I would hate to find out what the "regular" product would do to my skin. No matter which one you use, if you're tempted to remove chin hair, DON'T. I'll stick with my razor, thank you.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2014 12:31:00 AM More reviews by n0tjustanotherprettyface

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

No one should ever, ever buy this awful, pain-inducing product. If I wasn't so embarassed by how my leg looks now, I'd upload a video. I used it 18 hours ago and am literally still feeling the burn. And, I have a high pain tolerance. This stuff caused my baggiest, softest pair of underwear to literally cut lines in my skin. My entire leg looks like the Hiroshima bomb was dropped right in the center of it. My right leg is swollen to twice the size of my (thankfully) spared left leg. I have literally bled today on the leg the razor never touched. This stuff should never have been "approved" to treat any space within 5 miles of the bikini line. They say misery loves company, I guess the party is at my house.

I've used Nair Hair removal in years past, first time ever using a Nair "sensitive" product. Worst results in over 15 years of using Nair products. Never again.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Kokome10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

First of all, if you buy the one with the pump that comes with a sponge... Throw away the sponge. It's useless. You're better off applying with your hands and then getting a cheap washcloth from Walmart/Target/the dollar store for removal. It will work much better.

The actual product itself works great. Stays put much more easily than the usual formula, but I don't think it's as effective as the regular, non-"stays put" formula. With the regular formula, ten minutes is more than enough but with this one I had to leave it on for a little bit longer. I still prefer this one over the regular formula because it doesn't smell as bad and the fact that it stays put makes it much easier to use.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by samie202

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Hate it! My first removal cream and it doesn't even work! Horrible!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2013 7:13:00 PM More reviews by jazzledazzle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought the Sensitve Slin formula today. Tired it out and so far so good. Put it all over my legs and bikini area about 5 minutes before my shower. No offensive smell and no weird burning sensations. By the time I had washed my hair and stuff, I wanna say a full 10 minutes had gone by with it on my skin. The sponge was crap but I took my loofah to my legs and gently rubbed it off mixed with shower gel. About 90 percent of the hair is gone and so far no weird rashes or painful bumps like people have complained about. Yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by sandie1992

I am reviewing Nair Shower Power Sensitive Formula. It has a pump dispenser rather than being in a tube. I have now used it on my arms, stomach area and upper lip. I am naturally blonde but have very fine, light but still noticeable hair on those areas.

I have tried other hair removal creams such as Veet, and I have tried Nair Pretty and the Nair Brazilian Spa Clay hair remover. They were all pretty terrible. I did not have any problems with this particular type. It did not burn and the hair came off easily.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by rs02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the worst product ever!!!! It gave me a terrible painful rash on my legs. Never using this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by dianelarsenemail

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been a consumer of hair removers for years because i hate shaving and i always end up with horrible razor burn/nicks on my legs no matter how careful I am. I decided to give shower power hair remover a try after seeing it in a commercial. When I first put it on it burned my legs so bad that i had to spray water all over and scrub it off. The second time i tried it the pain subsided and it felt some what hot on my leg. It did remove some hair but absolutely not all. I will not purchase again and i guess i'm back to using my razor routine.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by Cherubabub

Like many of you I had a very bad skin reaction. I actually wrote to the manufacturers and they told me I should have done a skin test first but did compensate me with a small cheque. My legs were raw and rashy and very uncomfortable and the effects kicked in only 10 minutes into using it.

I think it is a badly formulated product, given the number of reviewers who had bad reactions.

I have used depilatory creams in the past and not had this experience.