October 21, 2014 | 1923 users online

Eyeliner - Smashbox - Jet Set Waterproof Eye Liner - Deep Bronze

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2013 5:33:00 AM More reviews by beautyfix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this as I'd heard it is one of the very few waterproof gel eyeliners one can wear in the waterline and it wont budge all day, nor harm one's eyes and I wear contacts so if it's ok and comfy with my eyes it probably will be with yours.

1) It stay does stay put all day in the waterline. Very slight wearing off for about a mm at the corner of my eyes, but most of it stayed like a tattoo.

2) Colour: Lovely colour which of course is hardly shown off to it's best in the waterline but certainly provides strong definition without being too harsh on my pasty complexion. The pigment has a lovely bronzy gold flecks which would look gorgeous and sultry on lids.

Packaging: yes am a feared this little beauty will dry out so I screw it on so tight I wonder if I'll be able to open it next time. Three days and it's fine of course, will report back in months/years to come.

Overall am pleased with this, in the waterline it gives my eyes a nice almond shape and strong definition without looking very made-up. Great for sports and swimmers I'd think, this little lovely is going to stick with you no matter what. I woudn't sleep in it, I would expect bleary eyes next morning. A very good product and certainly waterproof.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 8:39:00 AM More reviews by Clare_3108

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my everyday liner, its such a gorgeous colour and as much as I love my Bobbi Brown Gel liners this has better staying power and none of Bobbi's brown liners has a colour like this except maybe Chocolate Shimmer but,that comes up darker on me than this does anyway not to diss Bobbi because her stuff is great, this liner lasts so long I have been using this quite a long time and am about a quarter to the end of a pot and it hasn't dried out at all I got this with the arced brush too and love that and how it applies ( I use this brush for my Bobbi liners too).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2010 12:40:00 PM More reviews by sxs

I bought this to replace a Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner, more or less because I could get sephora points for the smashbox version. The color (bronze) is very similar to the espresso that I had in the Bobbi Brown and it lasts on my lid MUCH longer. I wore it ALL DAY yesterday - no touch ups, no smudging. Lovely! And the pot will last forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by marticica888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I looooove this for filling in my brows. I know it sounds really weird, but I read in a magazine that some celeb makeup artist said that shimmer cream shadow as a brow filler looks more natural than pencils or powders, which makes sense as natural hair is pretty glossy.
I want my brow filler to darken and add "hair" to sparse spots in my brows. This works soo well for me.
I have dark brown hair with copper highlights and the bronze looks really natural. The shimmer is undetectable in any lighting. lol I made sure to check in the bathroom, room, outside and in bright sunlight to see if there wasnt any shimmer in my brows, and there was none.
I use MUFE brow brush with this and it works great. I also love that it is packaged in a pot, soo easy to use.
It will probably last me quite a bit.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2010 10:13:00 PM More reviews by MichieKrum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This color is beautiful. I can never have enough brown eyeliners and I love of this glimmers! It goes on so smooth. It lasts all day long.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2009 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Johnamua

Pro's
1) Lasts pretty long -haven't had any big "melting off" problem and my lids are moderately oily.
2) Can be smudged - have to work quick as it dries and sets quickly
3) Color is just perfect for an everyday brown liner - not too dark & has a little glimmer which I like
4) Easy to apply w/ my angled brush liner (I use a different brand though)
....Overall, would repurchase but I haven't tried BB gel liners yet so we'll see...

Con's
1) Price - more pricey than MAC fluid line- but then again, I could not find a comparable MAC fluid line color.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2009 2:07:00 AM More reviews by joyacchen

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love love love this color for drawing precise and smudgeable lines as well. The product dries fairly quickly, so you'll need to smudge it pretty fast after applying or else it's set. I don't have much luck getting it to stay on my bottom lash line, but it sounds like others here do.

My only problem with this is that it makes my eyes really sore when I wear it and even after I've removed it, it seems to leave my eyes stingy and irritated. Unfortunately, this did not work for me, which is a shame because the color is gorgeous.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2009 3:23:00 PM More reviews by candycaps

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i just got this eyeliner in Bronze and I love it! As a previous reviewer mentioned it is very similar in color to Almay's bronze eyeliner which I loved but that is where the similarities end. Almay's is an awesome color but it fades so quickly and just disappears. This one just stays put and looks so lovely. It is not a sharp line like liquid liner but rather a smokey soft line, at least the way I put it on. Love the color with my blue/green/gray eyes. I'm a smashbox convert!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2009 9:40:00 PM More reviews by animalsrbetterthanpeople

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have had my liner for over a year, and once summertime comes, this is about the only eyeliner that will CONSISTENTLY stay on my upper and lower lids in high humidity.

I have tried many eyeliners, I like that this one is cruelty free, and although the product does tend to dry out a bit, that is probably why it stays on better than other liners.If you periodically take a tissue and rub it very lightly over the top of the product, that seems to "restore" it so that it's not so dry. Also, it doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes like other cream and pencil liners that I've tried that claim to be hypallergenic.

I use a Merle Norman liner brush (very fine) intended for their cream liners and I like that brush MUCH better than the one that Smashbox designed for this product. I don't tightline, just use it as a traditional eyeliner on both upper and lower lids. It stays put, doesn't budge, is not harsh like black liner, and looks very pretty with hazel eyecolor. It just has a hint of shimmer, not over the top. It does not smudge at all, not even on my bottom lids, and not even in ninety degree plus, high humidity days when I walk outside and am a lather of sweat.

This is probably my favorite eyeliner of any that I have tried as it is truly waterproof and you are able to get a really thin line with this if you use a very fine brush like the one that I use. Great product, and from what I have heard, the bronze color is the best of the bunch.
UPDATE;, Well, I have found another, better use for this product....now, don't laugh...I use it to fill in sparse areas in my brows. I am a brunette (with color treated partially gray hair) and this just give a more more natural look to fill in brows than any pencil/powder I've ever tried. Matchs my brow color well and gives "texture" that looks more like hair, without that powdery or chalky look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2009 4:55:00 PM More reviews by pensopera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

great gel eyeliner. it is wonderful because it does not smear or smudge through out the day. also, it sets very fast. the application is smooth and silky. i use most of the time when i am not using my black color one. the color is pretty when a little bit of shimmer. yeah, this does not smudge so it is a great product.