August 1, 2014 | 1265 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Nutritious Vita-Mineral Radiance Serum

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2013 6:32:00 PM More reviews by teller5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Does not aggravate my oily, sensitive skin. Wish it was fragrance free, but the scent is light and dissipates quickly. Serum is clear and lightweight. It will takes few minutes to absorb into your skin. I have been using this for about a month now, and no breakouts or blackheads ( knock wood !!). I was previously using Olay Regenerist, but it sometimes felt too heavy. Lauder's formula seems more natural on my skin, as it organic ( fruit etc) based

This serum works great under my foundation and makes my face look very smooth, as a bonus I am finding I don't have to blot as often as I did with Olay.

The only issues I have is that this product is not available at all retail locations. I ordered it from the website, with no problems.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2012 1:30:00 AM More reviews by taipai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this serum for months and it really is quite good. It helps my skin look healthier and feel better. I really like the fact that its relatively light and liquid like so it works well with oily skin. The only thing i have to complain about this is that it really takes a while to sink into skin. It is fragranced so it is not good for days when your skin is really sensitive to everything (i.e. after sunburn). Good everyday serum to keep skin healthy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by missn74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like the vita mineral line, its great! I like that this serum minimizes the dry patches, it quickly goes into the skin, but it's not heavy at all. It also brightens up my skin for the day.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2010 8:13:00 AM More reviews by logavn

I have been using this for nearly four months. At first, I was amazed by the radiant glow in the morning when I wake up. It does make my skin feel soft and supple. However, I don't feel it make any much difference to my skin and not really sure if I should purchase it again as it is quite expensive too.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2008 12:24:00 PM More reviews by rinsrevenge

From such an esteemed brand like Estee Lauder, I was definitely expecting a whole lot more for its Nutritious serum, especially since I've tried the lotion and gel creme, both of which weren't too bad (nothing astounding, but still decent enough).

I'm a user of EL's other serums such as its Advanced Night Repair and Idealist Pore Minimizing Refinisher, so I was expecting similar good results for Nutritious. Instead, it doesn't do much for my skin at all. The texture is gooey and runny, it sits on top of skin's surface and takes ages to be absorbed and most disappointing of all, even with regular use (I've used nearly three-quarters of the regular-sized 30ml bottle), it hasn't noticeably improved my skin's condition and appearance. If anything, I feel like I'm applying some greasy silicone essence to my skin instead of a treatment that's supposed to be fortified with all the goodness of pomegranate and more. I feel as though my pores are being suffocated.

A better serum to try would be Clarins Double Serum Generation 6. Serums are supposed to be more concentrated versions of the treatment range and supposedly deliver faster, more effective and more noticeable results, so why EL's Nutritious Serum doesn't work the way it should is just one massive letdown. It's not available in all markets and I suspect that the product could be pulled from shelves eventually in a few years as more [disappointed] consumers start settling for other serums at a similar price that do so much more.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2008 5:17:00 AM More reviews by rachaelrapunzel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this & used it over 3 nights under my night moisturizor. It gave me a radiant glow each morning, as though I had 10 hours of sleep! (when I had only 6hrs each night) That convinced me to rush out there to buy the full-sized bottle.
For the first week, it did give me a nice rosy glow each morn but sadly by the 2nd week, the radiant effect ceased. So I stopped the product for a month & the next time I tried it, the glow came back again although the effect was not as good as the first time I tried it. Perhaps the “nutrients” in the serum get less effective over time due to exposure? Or could this be a one-hit wonder? Nevertheless, I’m finishing my 1st bottle & will repurchase a 2nd bottle in the hope that I can get back that amazing glow which I got when I first started.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2008 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Andio

I tried a very generous sample of this product. I had been researching around to replace my Clinique Advanced Stop Signs serum. Love that, but wanted to give some different antioxidants a try. This fits the bill. It applies quite nicely and the small amount of fragrance dissipated rapidly. This is a nice antiox rich addition to my skincare routine. I love that it doesn't break me out and that it soothes my sensitive red skin. I only wish that it was available at all the EL counters. They would really have a big seller!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2008 8:55:00 AM More reviews by cavewoman

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This serum is part of a group of new skincare products by Estee Lauder, which are supposed to be for all skin types, and containing pomegranate plus tons of plant extracts, vitamins and minerals, etc etc. To me it is just a very good basic serum, much more lightweight than most serums I have tried. One pump onto the back of my hand showed that it is thinner than most serums, very watery, with a pleasant faint fruity scent. On the face, it spreads quickly and dries almost instantly. The box states that it "infuses skin's natural glow with a look that's vibrant, energized, simply amazing." I didn't get much of a glow with this, it dries invisibly and had no effect on the radiance of my skin. I'm not sure what 'energized' means in terms of skin health or appearance, but at least it felt nice! When it dries on the skin there is absolutely no stickiness at all, it feels great but had no tightening effect. It has no pore or line smoothing properties at all. It's not "amazing" but it is a very good superlight serum to use under moisturizer. I do think that it helped to boost the effect of the moisturizer I used over it, which is what serums are usually recommended for. Although I found this to be a wonderful light product to use in the Summer, I don't think I would buy it again. Perfectionist CP+ (the newest version, the serum) is far far better in terms of visible and lasting results. The ingredient list for this Nutritious serum is huge. With two pairs of reading glasses on, I will attempt to type it here, it's very hard to read the tiny list on the box, black letters printed on red. Here are the ingredients: Water, butylene glycol, methylgluceth-20, peg 75, glycereth-26, peg-8 dimethicone, oryza sativa (rice) bran extract, hydrolized soy protein, saccarromyces/zinc ferment extract, hydrolyzed yeast protein, passiflora alata (passionfruit) fruit extract, saccharomyces ferment lysate filtrate, sigesbeckia orientalis (St. Paul's Wort) extract, camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extract, punical granattum (pomegranate) seed oil, saccharomyces/magnesium ferment extract, punica granatum (pomegranate) fruit juice, saccharomyces lysate extract, hydrolized corn protein, sodium hyaluronate, centella asiatica (hydrocotyl) extract, saccharomyces/calcium ferment extract, creatine, hydrolyzed wheat protein, dimethicone, prunus mume fruit extract, calluna vulgaris (heather) extract, pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract, oleth-3 phosphate, cyclopentasiloane, oleth-3, ethylhexylglycerin, dipropylene glycol, hydrogenated polyisobutene, oleth-5, tocopherylacetate, sucrose, caffeine, polysilicone-11, glycerin, pantethine, acetyl carnitine hcl, acetyl glucosamine, phytantriol, ppg-6 decyltetradeceth-30, fragrance (parfum), peg/ppg-20/20 dimethicone, adenosine phosphate, cyclodextrin, potassium carbomer, carbomer, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, ethylbisiminomethylguaiacol manganese chloride, xhanthan gum, bht, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, red33(CI 17200), yellow 5 (CI 19140), continued >>

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No