September 18, 2014 | 897 users online

Lip Gloss - Bare Escentuals - Buxom Lips Full Color Vanessa

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2012 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Kdids520

This looks beautiful on my NC15 skin (blue eyes, dark hair). It adds a little bit of drama without making me look like a vampire. The tingly sensation you get with it is nice (and reminds me not to smush it!)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2011 5:35:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this lipgloss, and the only reason I am not giving it a "5" is because the color is darker and more pigmented than I normally wear on day-to-day occasions so I am not using it all the time. It is more dramatic, for a "pop" of color or an evening look. I found that this full color Buxom Lips gloss has even more lasting power than some of the sheerer color and almost lingers longer, like a stain. Vanessa is a medium to deep berry/wine color that is definitely on the cooler, more purpley red side... I can still pull it off though, because of the olive tones in my NC30/C3 skin. Same great Buxom lips taste and cooling effect. Maybe they plump your lips for something like 5 minutes but not enough to have any lasting effect, unless it's "just applied." I don't mind though. I have thin lips, I know it, and I deal with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2011 11:18:00 PM More reviews by demmie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This really is liquid lipstick. I'm hoping to purchase more of the full color line of Buxom, as I love the pigmentation. This is a GORGEOUS rose red that looks amazing and has staying power. Another victory for Buxom :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2010 10:20:00 PM More reviews by maccosmetics09

I really only have good things to say about this. The box it comes in is really cute.The gloss itself is gorgeous and very pigmented. I get the same color on my lips as the color in the tube. The Buxom Lips glosses leave lips with a minty tingle that lasts about 2 hrs on me. The glosses themselves wear for quite a bit longer, and these are the longest lasting/ best wearing glosses I have ever used. I'm so hooked on these. "Betsy" is great too!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2010 11:02:00 AM More reviews by CinnamonDish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow...this is SUPER pigmented. Totally opaque. I only have to apply a little to get a really nice deep burgundy rose color that has hints of gold. Super staying power too and the color eventually fades to a lovely dark cherry stained look on my lips which I love. Lips do look a bit fuller but I think the glossiness of the product is more a contribuiting facotr than anything else.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2009 2:45:00 PM More reviews by gadoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was iffy about this color in the store. When I put it on with coordinate face and eye colors and a liner, it made the difference! It is gorgeous and I've gotten so many compliments on it, even from men.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2009 1:13:00 PM More reviews by monkeysss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Vanessa is my first Buxom gloss, and I love it! The color is amazing next to my cool toned, fair skin. It has great staying power, which is nice because reapplying lip color often is a royal pain! I wouldn't say this makes my lips look fuller, though, and the cooling sensation is somewhat annoying, especially since winter is well on its way. I received this tube for free, but I would consider buying a new one when this one runs out.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2009 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Johnamua

I like a simple make-up routine & love the ease of glosses and polishes versus the whole lip liner/lipstick routine. I was looking for a great going-out type lip color that gives a deep rose color, shine, and easy to apply. I found it in this. Note this is a LIP *POLISH*, NOT lip gloss. This is like a liquid lipstick. May not be for you if you're looking for something sheer and light.
PRO'S:
1) Color is exactly what I was looking for -goes well w/ my Asian skin w/ light yellow-golden tone and the rest of my simple make-up look (I just put on foundation and eyeliner)
2) Long-lasting but not too drying
3) Buildable (use a light hand and apply to bottom lip and blot lips together for more subtle color).
4) Price is pretty good too considering the sizable amount you get at 0.15oz.
CON:
1) Packaging - when you close the top/wand, there's a little seeping of product and I have to wipe it off w/ a little tissue or else will get all over the inside of my makeup bag! Otherwise, love this product and would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2009 12:05:00 AM More reviews by LeeleeBell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am not usually a lipgloss girl...It just annoys me to reapply it over and over, with little color payoff, and most lipglosses are so sticky. BE Buxom lipgloss lasts SO LONG and this color in particular is just a gorgeous pigmented red...Great for night time. My lips feel so great with this on. It's just love :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2009 2:22:00 PM More reviews by tepurnell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the only BE product that I endorse hands-down. I wear the buxom lip gloss or full color gloss almost every single day. This is a pretty color especially if you keep the rest of your makeup toned down.